Wed, Jul. 23, 11:03 AM
- BCE (BCE +1.1%) is assuming full ownership of subsidiary Bell Aliant (OTC:BLIAF) for C$3.95B ($3.69B), or C$31/share.
- 25% of the aggregate consideration will be paid for in cash, and 75% in stock. BCE expects to issue 61M shares.
- Bell Aliant offers telecom services in Atlantic Canada, as well as rural Ontario and Quebec. BCE promises to spend $2.1B on capex in Atlantic Canada over the next 5 years, an effort that includes rolling out 4G services and expanding Bell Aliant's fiber-to-the-home network to cover 1M premises.
- BCE is paying 8.3x Bell Aliant's trailing EBITDA, and expects run-rate free cash flow accretion (after dividends) of $200M/year. It also expects to reap $100M/year in pre-tax synergies.
- Bell Aliant shares are up 10.7% in Toronto to $31.22.
BLIAF vs. ETF Alternatives
Currently, there's no company description for BLIAF.
Other News & PR