Biomet Subpoenaed by the Department of Justice (BMET)Eddy Elfenbein • Jun. 27, 2006
Mon, Sep. 1, 10:59 AM
- Zimmer Holdings (NYSE:ZMH) will hear back from EU antitrust authorities by Oct. 3 over whether or how it will be allowed to pursue its $13.4B takeover of rival Biomet (Pending:BMET).
- Zimmer originally sought approval in June, but the EU regulator paused the review because the company's submission was lacking details.
Wed, Jul. 9, 4:16 PM
- Biomet (BMET) announces preliminary results for the fiscal fourth quarter and fiscal year ended May 31.
- Fiscal Q4: revenues: $845M (+7.7%); knee sales growth: 5.1%; S.E.T. sales growth: 5.9%; CF Ops: $203.4M (+4.5%); quick assets: $247.6M (-30.4%).
- Fiscal 2014: revenues: $3,223.4M (+5.6%); knee sales growth: 5.9%; S.E.T. sales growth: 7.9%; CF Ops: $529.0M (+12.9%).
- Final results will be reported in the company's 10-K.
Fri, Mar. 7, 7:33 AM
- Biomet has filed to raise up to $100M in an IPO seven years after being taken private for $11.4B. The final size of the offering will probably be higher, with Reuters previously reporting that the firm could look to raise over $1B.
- The medical-device maker didn't say how many shares it would sell, nor the exchange it would list on, although it did say it would trade under the ticker symbol BMET.
- The company's products include dental implants and artificial hip joints, and it competes with Smith & Nephew and Stryker.
- Biomet's main owners are Blackstone (BX), KKR (KKR), Goldman Sach's (GS) P-E arm, and TPG Capital.
- ETF: IPO
There are no StockTalks on this stock yet.
BMET vs. ETF Alternatives
Currently, there's no company description for BMET.
Country: United States
Other News & PR