Wed, Aug. 26, 7:46 AM
Tue, Aug. 25, 4:16 PM
Tue, Aug. 25, 12:46 PM
Thu, Aug. 20, 7:52 AM
- The Bon-Ton Stores (NASDAQ:BONT) reports comparable-store sales decreased 1.3% in Q2.
- The company saw double-digit sales growth in eCommerce primarily due to a higher conversion rate and increased transaction size.
- Gross margin rate improved 24 bps to 36.8% as a result of reduced net markdowns.
- SG&A expense rate increased 44 bps to 38.7% due to decline in sales volume during the quarter.
- Store count -2 Y/Y to 270.
- FY2015 Guidance: Comparable-store sales: +1% to +1.5%; Gross margin rate: -10 bps to -30 bps; SG&A expense rate: -10 bps to -30 bps; Adjusted EBITDA: $145M to $155M; Diluted EPS: -$0.40 to -$0.90; Average diluted shares outstanding: 20M; Capex: not to exceed $75M.
Thu, Aug. 20, 7:00 AM
Wed, Aug. 19, 5:30 PM
Tue, Jul. 21, 8:09 AM
Tue, Jul. 14, 8:48 AM
- U.S. retail sales were held back in June due in part to weak clothes buying trends.
- Clothing/clothing accessories stores dropped 1.5% M/M, while department store showed a 0.6% decline.
- On a year-over-year scan, department stores sales were off 1.7%.
- The numbers would probably look even weaker if sportswear and shoes were backed out of the broad categories.
- Previously: June Retail Sales miss expectations (Jul. 14 2015)
- Related stocks: M, KSS, JWN, DDS, JCP, LB, TLYS, SHLD, TJX, BONT, SSI, OTCPK:BLKIA.
Mon, Jun. 29, 7:13 AM
Thu, Jun. 4, 7:06 AM
- Credit Suisse downgrades department store stocks in a broad swipe at the sector.
- Nordstrom (NYSE:JWN) is moved by CS to a Neutral rating from Outperform.
- Dillard's (NYSE:DDS) is taken to Underperform from Neutral.
- The investment firm also warns that upside on current valuation is limited for Bon-Ton Stores (NASDAQ:BONT), J.C. Penney (NYSE:JCP), Kohl's (NYSE:KSS), Macy's (NYSE:M), and Stage Stores (NYSE:SSI).
- The sector picked up some steam earlier this week off REIT enthusiasm.
- Previously: REIT is the word in retail (Jun. 02 2015)
Tue, Jun. 2, 1:17 PM
- Retail chain stocks are putting in some strong gains despite a soft read earlier in the day from Redbook on sales.
- PVH issued a strong report last night which helped push the sector in the right direction, but there also appears to be some speculative buying on some names in the sector after Macy's was reported to be under pressure to explore REIT options.
- Previously: Macy's hearing from hedge funds on real estate assets
- Gainers: Guess (NYSE:GES) +5.1%, Tilly's (NYSE:TLYS) +4.4%, Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE:ANF) +5.7%, Kohl's (NYSE:KSS) +1.6%, J.C. Penney (NYSE:JCP) +2.9%, Bon-Ton Stores (NASDAQ:BONT) +4.6%, Stein Mart (NASDAQ:SMRT) +2.7%, Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores (NASDAQ:SHOS) +2.4%, Conn's (NASDAQ:CONN) +5.8%, Best Buy (NYSE:BBY) +1.7%, hhgregg (NYSE:HGG) +2.8%.
Thu, May 28, 8:58 AM
- Imperial Capital slides Bon-Ton Stores (NASDAQ:BONT) to an Underperform rating after previously having the retailer slotted at In-line.
- The investment firm sets a lowly price target of $4.00 on Bon-Ton.
- Previously: The Bon-Ton Stores misses by $0.18, misses on revenue (May. 21 2015)
- Previously: Distribution costs hit The Bon-Ton Stores in Q1 (May. 21 2015)
Thu, May 21, 7:55 AM
- The Bon-Ton Stores (NASDAQ:BONT) reports comparable-store sales increased 0.8% in Q1.
- E-commerce sales grew at a double-digit clip during the period.
- Gross margin rate -140 bps to 33.8% as higher distribution and delivery costs were a drag.
- SG&A expense rate -80 bps to 35.8%.
- The company ended the quarter with borrowing capacity of $368M at its credit facility.
- Guidance: The company expects 2015 EPS of -$0.25 to $0.00 vs. -$0.13 consensus.
- Previously: The Bon-Ton Stores misses by $0.18, misses on revenue
Thu, May 21, 7:05 AM
Wed, May 20, 5:30 PM
Tue, May 19, 3:42 PM
BONT vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR