Fri, Aug. 7, 5:14 PM
Fri, May 1, 5:41 PM
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A, BRK.B): Q1 operating profit per Class A share of $2,583 beats by $210. Operating profit rose 20% Y/Y to $4.24B.
- Net profit rose 10% Y/Y to $5.16B, or $3,143 per Class A share. Revenue rose 7% Y/Y to $48.6B.
- Book value per Class A share rose to $146,963 from $146,186 at the end of Q4. Insurance float was $83.5B vs. $84B at the end of Q4.
- Press Release, 10-Q filing
Mon, Mar. 2, 1:57 AM
- Berkshire Hathaway's (NYSE:BRK.A) (NYSE:BRK.B) Q4 net profit declined 16.7% to $4.16B, or $2,529 per class A share; Operating profit +5% to $3.96B, or $2,412 a share.
- Full-year net profit +2% to $19.87B, or $12,092 a share; operating profit +9.3% to $16.55B, or $10,071 a share.
- Berkshire's 2014 book value per share grew 8.3% after taxes to $146,186.
Nov. 7, 2014, 5:27 PM
Aug. 1, 2014, 6:28 PM
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A, BRK.B): Q2 operating earnings per Class A equivalent share of $2,634 (+10% Y/Y) beats by $149.
- Net earnings per Class A equivalent share of $3,889 (+41% Y/Y).
- Revenue of $49.76B (+11% Y/Y).
- Book value per Class A equivalent share of $142,483 (+3% Q/Q).
- Press Release, 10-Q Filing
May 2, 2014, 5:25 PM
Mar. 2, 2014, 2:06 AM
- Berkshire Hathaway's (BRK.A) Q4 net profit rose almost 10% to $4.99B, or $3,035 per class A share, helped by gains at the company's insurance units.
- Operating profit +34% to $3.78B, or $2,297 a share.
- Full-year net profit +31% to $19.48B, or $11,850 a share; operating profit +20% to $15.14B, or $9,211 a share.
- Berkshire's 2013 book value per share, Warren Buffett's preferred measure of net worth, grew18.2% after taxes to $134,973.
- From 2009-2013, book value increased 91%, while that of the S&P 28%; that's the first time that Buffett has failed in his goal of growing Berkshire's value faster than the S&P's over a five-year period.
- Berkshire ended 2013 with $48.19B in of cash and equivalents, which gives the company plenty of money to make more big deals.
- Berkshire's full annual report.
Nov. 1, 2013, 5:11 PM
Aug. 2, 2013, 7:57 PM
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) posts a solid Q2 as the company was helped by investment gains, and strong revenue growth across its businesses.
- Operating profit at the company's non-insurance units rose 7.8% to $2.37B, as railroad Burlington Northern Santa Fe continued to post earnings growth.
- Investment income from the insurance operations rose 7.1% to $1.14B.
- The company also booked an investment gain of $322M, compared with a gain of $81M a year earlier, as the latest quarter included derivatives gains of $300M versus a loss of $693M a year ago.
Aug. 2, 2013, 5:17 PM
Aug. 2, 2013, 5:13 PM
May 3, 2013, 6:07 PM
May 3, 2013, 5:32 PM
May 3, 2013, 5:08 PM
Mar. 1, 2013, 4:17 PMBerkshire Hathaway (BRK.A): Q4 operating earnings/share of $1,704 vs. $1,615 in year-ago period. Net earnings/share of $2,757 vs. $1,846 in year-ago period. Total operating earnings of $2.8B, net earnings of $4.55B. Book value of $114.2K/share. Insurance float of $73B. Revenue of $44.7B. (PR) (10-K) | 1 Comment
Nov. 2, 2012, 6:31 PMBerkshire Hathaway (BRK.A): Q3 operating earnings/share of $2,057 vs. $2,309 in year-ago period. Net earnings/share of $2,373 vs. $1,380 in year-ago period. Total operating earnings of $3.4B, net earnings of $3.92B. Book value of $111.7K/share, up $4.3K/share Q/Q. Insurance float of $72B, up $900M Q/Q. Revenue of $41.05B (+22% Y/Y). (PR) (10-Q) | Comment!
BRK.A vs. ETF Alternatives
Berkshire Hathaway Inc is a conglomerate holding company owning subsidiaries engaged in a number of business activities, including property and casualty insurance and reinsurance, utilities and energy, finance, manufacturing, service and retailing.
Other News & PR