There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Wed, Sep. 10, 6:20 AM
- Shares of Banco Santander (SAN, BSBR, BSAC, OTCQB:BCDRF) -1.2% premarket following news that 79-year-old chairman Emilio Botin died of a heart attack on Tuesday night. (press release)
- Under his tenure, Santander grew through aggressive acquistions, and through the introduction of novel banking services. Today, SAN is the largest bank in the eurozone by value.
- But analysts still question the lender's capital position, with much of its strength in its many subsidiaries.
- His death raises the question of succession. Botin's share in the bank isn't large enough to guarantee his daughter Ana's control. (BBC)
Fri, Aug. 1, 6:21 AM
Thu, Jul. 24, 10:31 AM| Comment!
Mon, Jun. 9, 11:18 AM
- Scotiabank upgrades Banco Santander-Chile (BSAC +1.6%) to Outperform.
- Nomura upgrades Capital One (COF +1.4%) to Buy with $94 price target.
- Morgan Stanley upgrades Principal Financial Group (PFG +0.8%) to Equal Weight.
- KBW boosts its rating on SunTrust (STI +1.6%) to Outperform with $46 price target.
- KBW downgrades First NBC Bank Holding Company (NBCB -0.1%) to Market Perform.
Tue, Apr. 29, 6:04 PM
Tue, Feb. 4, 5:38 PM
Oct. 24, 2013, 5:58 PM
Oct. 24, 2013, 5:45 PM
Apr. 26, 2013, 6:06 AM
Feb. 5, 2013, 5:19 AM
Oct. 22, 2012, 12:45 PM
Dec. 7, 2011, 9:11 AMBanco Santander (SAN) says it will sell its Colombian unit to CorpBanca (BCA) of Chile for $1.225B, as the Spanish bank looks to bolster its capital reserves. It’s part of the great fire sale among European financial firms, another byproduct of the continent’s ongoing sovereign debt crisis. | Comment!
Nov. 28, 2011, 1:59 PMBanco Santander-Chile (SAN +3.1%) gets a lift after Deutsche ups it to Buy on valuation. Deutsche says the stock's downside should be limited since the Chilean bank filed a statement saying that Santander Spain will not sell any more shares for at least one-year following the completion of its recently announced offering. | Comment!
Jul. 30, 2008, 9:49 AM
Jun. 2, 2008, 1:27 PM
BSAC vs. ETF Alternatives
Banco Santander Chile provides commercial & retail banking services. It also provides foreign currency denominated loans & financial services such as investment management, leasing, advisory services, mutual fund management securities brokerage & others.
Other News & PR