SA News • Thu, Dec. 4
From other sites
at Nasdaq.com (Wed, 9:00AM)
at Nasdaq.com (Dec 19, 2014)
at Benzinga.com (Dec 18, 2014)
at Zacks.com (Dec 16, 2014)
at Investor's Business Daily (Dec 16, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Dec 16, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Dec 15, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Dec 15, 2014)
at CNBC.com (Dec 15, 2014)
at Zacks.com (Dec 8, 2014)
Thu, Dec. 4, 10:36 AM
- Citing greater optimism about the carrier's French mobile and wireline ops, Credit Suisse has upgraded Orange (ORAN +1.9%) to Neutral, and hiked its target by €5 to €16 ($19.84). Shares are higher in spite of a selloff in European equities.
- Meanwhile, Reuters reports EU regulators are "likely to expand their scrutiny" of Orange's planned $4.2B acquisition of Spanish broadband provider Jazztel, thereby pressuring the companies to make concessions. The Jazztel deal came on the heels of mobile rival Vodafone's purchase of Spanish cable giant ONO,
- Also: Reuters quotes CEO Stephane Richard as suggesting BT will decide "a few days before Christmas" whether to bid for Orange and Deutsche Telekom's EE JV, or for Telefonica's O2. "BT has its own calendar."
Dec. 6, 2013, 9:39 AM
- H-P (HPQ +2.7%) has been upgraded to Hold by Edward Jones.
- Nokia (NOK +1.4%) has been started at Overweight by JPMorgan.
- Vodafone (VOD +2%) has been upgraded to Neutral by Berenberg.
- Infosys (INFY +1.6%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Cowen.
- BT (BT +2.4%) has been upgraded to Strong Buy by Raymond James.
- FairPoint Communications (FRP +5.1%) has been upgraded to Buy by Stifel.
- VOXX International (VOXX +4.6%) has been started at Strong Buy by Needham.
- Vocera (VCRA +3.7%) has been started at Overweight by Stephens.
Nov. 11, 2013, 8:41 AM
- Twitter (TWTR) has been started at Neutral by Sterne Agee. Shares -1.4% premarket after dropping 7% on Friday in the wake of neutral/bearish coverage launches. Shares still +58% from their $26 IPO price.
- Veeva Systems (VEEV) has received four bullish ratings and two neutral ones on underwriter coverage day. Shares +0.6%.
- American Tower (AMT) has been upgraded to Buy by Citi.
- Youku (YOKU) has been upgraded to Buy by Brean ahead of Thursday's Q3 report. Shares +3.1%.
- BT has been upgraded to Overweight by JPMorgan after outbidding Sky for the U.K. TV rights to Champions League games.
- Netgear (NTGR) has been upgraded to Sector Perform by RBC.
- Deutsche Telekom (DTEGY, DTEGF) has been cut to Sell by Goldman after striking a $729M deal to buy wireline carrier GTS Central Europe.
- Lam Research (LRCX) has been cut to Neutral by Susquehanna.
- Diodes (DIOD) has been cut to Outperform from Strong Buy by Raymond James ahead of tomorrow's Q3 report.
Oct. 16, 2013, 9:56 AM
- Intel (INTC +0.3%) has been upgraded to Buy by B. Riley following its Q3 beat and light Q4 revenue guidance.
- Yahoo (YHOO +1.7%) has received a two-notch upgrade to Outperform from CLSA after it posted mixed Q3 results and soft Q4 guidance, but also strong Q2 numbers for Alibaba.
- Cisco (CSCO +0.4%) has been cut to Neutral, and Juniper (JNPR +3.6%) upgraded to Buy, by MKM. Juniper reports on Oct. 22.
- Netflix (NFLX -0.2%) has been cut to Hold by Hudson Square ahead of its Oct. 21 Q3 report.
- Vimpelcom (VIP +3.9%) has been upgraded to Overweight by Morgan Stanley.
- BT (BT +1.7%) has been upgraded to Conviction Buy by Goldman.
- CyrusOne (CONE +2.7%) has been upgraded to Buy by BofA/Merrill. However, the firm is maintaining its $23 PT.
- Ultimate Software (ULTI +1.6%) has been upgraded to Overweight by Evercore.
- Ellie Mae (ELLI -6.5%) has been cut to Market Perform by JMP.
- Super Micro (SMCI -2.7%) has been cut to Hold by Stifel.
Jun. 19, 2013, 8:10 AM
May. 10, 2013, 1:42 PMBT (BT +11.8%) soars after delivering a better-than-expected FQ4 report, hiking its full-year dividend by 14% to £0.095/share ($0.145/share, 3.3% yield), and announcing a £300M/year buyback plan for FY14 and FY15. BT expects FY14 normalized free cash flow to be even with FY13's £2.3B ($3.5B), and see it rising in FY15 to £2.6B ($3.9B). Capex in FY14 and FY15 is expected to be "broadly level" with FY13. BT's fiber subscriber base more than doubled in FY13 to 1.5M. But slumping wireline demand and lower mobile termination rates are taking a toll: Global Services revenue -3% Y/Y in FQ4, Retail flat, Wholesale -5%, Openreach (wireline infrastructure) -5%. (PR) | Comment!
Mar. 14, 2013, 2:22 PM
Jul. 26, 2012, 1:39 PMFrance Telecom (FTE +7.7%) surges after reporting 1H revenue fell 3.2% Y/Y to €21.8B ($26.5B), a little better than a €21.7B consensus, and reaffirming guidance for 2012 operating cash flow of nearly €8B. The numbers are soothing to investors on edge over macro issues, huge debt obligations, and competition from French discount carrier Iliad. FTE is hoping its phone subsidies and retail footprint will allow it to maintain a price premium. TEF +6.2%. TI +4.4%. BT +4.7%. | Comment!
Jul. 13, 2012, 12:17 PMThe EU is backtracking on plans to force incumbent telcos to charge lower fees to rivals to use their networks to deliver broadband services. The decision, which is part of a broader effort to set rules aimed at stoking the continent's broadband investments, appears to be giving a lift to the shares of debt-laden incumbents. BT +3.9%. TI +4.5%. FTE +5%. DTEGY.PK +5.7% on the Frankfurt exchange. | Comment!
Mar. 23, 2012, 9:44 AM
Mar. 23, 2012, 4:10 AMBT Group (BT) announces a new pension funding plan, paying in £2B this year and then £325M annually for the next nine years, a marked improvement from the existing 17-year plan with annual payments starting at £525M and then rising. Shares +4.3% in London, as investors believe the revised plan will be less of a drag on dividend payouts. | Comment!
Feb. 3, 2012, 7:59 AM
BT vs. ETF Alternatives
BT Group PLC is a provider of telecommunications networks and services. It provides local and long-distance telephone call products and services, broadband network solutions, web hosting and related services.
Other News & PR