Large Caps With Over 3% Yields Going Ex-Dividend Next Week
There are no Transcripts on BTAFF.
Tue, Apr. 29, 12:55 PM
- Bankers and lawyers are busy working on potential mergers in the tobacco industry, reports CNBC (video).
- The biggest buzz is over the potential that Reynolds American (RAI +1.4%) will buy Lorillard (LO +3%) for as much as $80 per share.
- Though Wells Fargo notes Reynolds would have to divest some significant menthol brands to get a Lorillard deal past regulators, the firm sees a deal as likely.
- Other tobaccco players: MO, PM, BTI, ITYBY, ITYBF, PHJMF, JAPAF, SFIO, VGR, SWNG, SWMAF, SWMAY, XXII, BTAFF, UVV
Dec. 18, 2013, 4:45 AM
- The compromise text includes the following key measures to be brought into national law by member states:
- No selling of flavored tobacco (including fruit, menthol, vanilla)
- Combined picture and text health warnings that cover 65% of the front and back of packages of smoking products
- Member states may decide to ban cross-border distance sales of tobacco products
- Tobacco stocks: MO, LO, PM, RAI, XXII, AOI, AHII, BTI, BTAFF, GGNPF, PHJMF, ITYBY, ITYBF, JAPAF, SFIO, SWNG, SWMAF, SWMAY, UVV, VGR
- Source: EU Council
There are no StockTalks on this stock yet.
BTAFF vs. ETF Alternatives
British American Tobacco is a holding company. Through its subsidiaries, Co. is engaged in the tobacco industry.Co.'s tobacco group is an international cigarette manufacturer. Co. maintains a portfolio of more than 300 brands sold in 180 markets. Co., through its subsidiary companies have 64... More
Other News & PR