Christopher De Sousa • Mon, Dec. 15
There are 4 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
From other sites
- B2Gold realized first gold production at the Otjikoto deposit ahead of schedule.
- B2Gold expects Otjikoto to produce 140,000 to 150,000 gold ounces next year at low costs.
- B2Gold intends to integrate the adjacent Wolfshag deposit into Otjikoto's existing mine plan.
- B2Gold is an exciting gold growth story, with the potential to increase annual production 100% over the next three years.
- The company operates three currently producing gold mines, expected to produce 380,000 ounces of gold at operating costs sub-$700.
- I think B2Gold could greatly outperform its mining peers over the next few years as a result.
B2Gold Realizes Big Impairment Charges; Exciting Growth Prospects AheadChristopher De Sousa • Sat, Nov. 29
- B2Gold missed third quarter earnings as the company realized big impairment charges on the bottom line.
- B2Gold has an exciting gold mine in Namibia that should produce approx. 140,000 ounces annually.
- We project B2Gold to produce record gold production in the fourth quarter, and in turn, beat analysts' revenue estimates.
- B2Gold reported earnings and updated the market on operations.
- Our view of the company as one of the fastest growing in the sector was confirmed.
- Production guidance was revised downwards slightly due to operational issues at the Masbate mine.
Fully Loaded Project Pipeline Holds Value And Risks For B2Gold
- B2Gold has used difficult market conditions to build a project pipeline that sets this company apart from other mid-tier gold miners.
- The Fekola project has moved to the top priority in the project pipeline, and the future of the Gramalote project appears uncertain.
- We consider B2Gold fairly valued at the moment.
- B2Gold and Papillon Resources are proposing to merge.
- The Fekola project in Mali is one of the most attractive undeveloped gold projects world wide.
- This transaction ensures sustained growth for B2Gold beyond the Otjikoto mine which will be completed later in 2014.
- B2Gold continues to deftly ramp production by buying and developing excellent gold mines.
- Investors have so far been rewarded with outstanding upside leverage to the price of gold.
- B2Gold's excellent management team has its sights set on further growth via the organic development of its strong project pipeline.
Thu, Oct. 9, 3:58 PM
- The price of gold may be rising, but gold mining stocks are getting hammered today; after all, "they are still stocks," Barron's Johanna Bennett writes.
- Gold prices rallied today to $1,234/oz., their highest level since Sept. 23, a day after the dovish minutes from the Fed’s September policy meeting excited gold bugs, but shares of the mining companies are falling along with the broader market selloff.
- Among the top mining names: IAG -6.9%, KGC -6.2%, SLW -5.9%, NGD -5.5%, AU -4.9%, GG -4.7%, ABX -3.9%, AUY -3.9%, GFI -2.8%, BTG -2.7%, RGLD -2.6%, AGI -2.1%, GOLD -1.8%.
- ETFs: GLD, SLV, GDX, GDXJ, NUGT, AGQ, IAU, DUST, SIL, USLV, SIVR, JNUG, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, GLDX, DGP, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, JDST, SLVO, GLDI, DSLV, SLVP, DGL, DBS, SILJ, DGZ, RING, OUNZ, GGGG, DGLD, AGOL, SGDM, PSAU
Mon, Oct. 6, 2:45 PM
- Gold prices bounce off 15-month lows to reclaim $1,200/oz. as the dollar rally pauses, helping strengthen shares of precious metals miners: AU +4.4%, GFI +3%, IAG +1.9%, BTG +3%, GG +2.2%, NGD +1.5%, KGC +1.6%, AGI +1.6%, RGLD +1%, SLW +2.1%.
- Sterne Agee analysts Michael Dudas and Satyadeep Jain foresee gold and silver prices trending higher, with gold averaging $1,400/oz. in 2015 and $1,450 in 2016 and silver averaging $19 next year and $21 in 2016, as “global demand remains firm, liquidity remains ample and the dollar appears overbought.”
- With investor sentiment still skeptical, Sterne thinks any supportive macro news flow could provide fuel for a rally; the firm rate Newmont Mining (NEM +1.5%), Agnico-Eagle Mines (AEM +2.4%), Coeur Mining (CDE +1.3%) and Gold Resource (GORO +0.2%) as Buys, with Barrick Gold (ABX +0.5%), Hecla Mining (HL +4.3%) and Pan American Silver (PAAS +1.5%) rated Neutral.
- ETFs: GLD, SLV, AGQ, IAU, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, DGP, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, SLVO, GLDI, DSLV, DGL, DBS, DGZ, OUNZ, DGLD, AGOL, DBP, TBAR, USV, UBG, JJP, GLDE, BAR, GYEN, GEUR, RGRP, BARS, GGBP, BLNG
Mon, Jul. 14, 11:29 AM
- Precious metals miners are broadly lower as gold futures head for their biggest daily drop of 2014, plunging $29.30, or 2.2%, to $1,308.10/oz.
- Physical demand has remained short of expectations, Commerzbank's Eugen Weinberg says, and India's decision to maintain a 10% import duty on gold and silver likely will dampen future gold demand expectations from the country.
- Barclays, which expects gold to drop to $1,200/oz. by Q3, also expresses caution, saying recent gains across the metals complex look toppy.
- ABX -1.2%, NEM -1.7%, GG -2.4%, KGC -1.8%, AEM -1.4%, AUY -1.4%, EGO -3%, NGD -2.8%, FNV -2.4%, AGI -2.6%, AU -2.2%, IAG -1.9%, GFI -3.4%, BTG -2.1%, NG -0.7%, SLW -2.1%.
- ETFs: GLD, SLV, GDX, NUGT, AGQ, IAU, DUST, SIL, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, DGP, GLDX, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, SLVO, GLDI, DSLV, SLVP, DGL, DBS, GLTR, DGZ, RING, AGOL, DGLD, OUNZ, DBP, GGGG, WITE, PSAU, TBAR, USV, UBG, JJP, GLDE, GYEN, GLDL, RGRP, GLDS, GEUR, GGBP, BLNG
Fri, Jun. 27, 5:36 PM
Fri, Jun. 20, 3:22 PM
- It's a good idea to have exposure to gold stocks in one's portfolio, say JPMorgan analyst John Bridges and team, but beware of sector plays (GDX -1.3%), and instead pick and choose carefully.
- Goldcorp (G +0.1%) is a "simple decision stock," says the team, thanks to its strong balance sheet, growth profile, and disciplined management. Names like Barrick (ABX -1.2%), Newmont (NEM +1.1%), and Kinross (KGC -1.9%) would fare better in a gold bull market, but today's "back-to-basics phase" means valuations are driven by strong operations and accretive deals.
- Another theme is to own players with operations in the safest locations, an idea paying off for Agnico (AEM +0.7%), but the team also recently initiated B2Gold (BTG +1.1%) with positive coverage on the idea some companies can learn how to operate successfully in "more complex locations."
- Another favorite is laggard Buenaventura (BVN -0.5%) which is likely to see improved results in H2.
Thu, Jun. 19, 3:35 PM
- Beaten-up gold miner stocks are strong across the board as precious metal prices move sharply higher and take out key technical resistance levels; Comex gold jumped $41.40 (+3.3%) to settle at $1,314.10/oz., the highest level since April 14, and silver added $0.87 (+4.4%) to end at $20.65/oz..
- Among today's winners: EGO +8.5%, AGI +8.5%, BTG +8.1%, SBGL +8.1%, SLW +5.5%, AUY +5.3%, AUY +5.2%, KGC +5.2%, GG +4.8%, NG +4.4%, AU +4.1%, ANV +4%, GFI +3.8%, ABX +3.2%, NEM +2.8%, IAG +1.7%.
Tue, Jun. 3, 5:40 PM
Tue, Apr. 22, 7:55 AM
- Gold and silver equities now appear more fairly valued, Goldman Sachs says, raising its sector coverage view to Neutral as it sees more responsible capital allocation, successful cost cutting initiatives, a refocus on maximizing free cash flow, and sound strategic portfolio optimization improving the positioning of select companies and offsetting its below-consensus outlook for commodity prices ($1,200/oz. gold from 2015 forward).
- The firm upgrades Barrick Gold (ABX) to Buy, believing the company's financial flexibility has significantly improved; ABX +1.8% premarket.
- B2Gold (BTG) is initiated with a Buy rating and C$4.20 price target, as Goldman cites imminent production growth from the Otjikoto project which enhances BTG’s free cash flow generation and should fund future development.
- Started at Neutral: AGI, FNV, BVN,.
- Maintained at Buy: GG, AUY, SLV.
- Sell: IAG, EGO, PAAS.
- ETFs: GDX, GDXJ, NUGT, DUST, SIL, GLDX, JNUG, SLVP, RING, SILJ, JDST, GGGG, PSAU
Mon, Mar. 17, 5:50 PM
Mon, Mar. 3, 9:55 AM
- Gold futures are surging in the wake of the crisis in Ukraine, and that's giving precious metals miners a big boost in early trading.
- AU +5.2%, GOLD +5%, GFI +4.6%, MUX +4.1%, BVN +3.9%, MVG +3.6%, SSRI +3.3%, IAG +3.2%, BTG +3.1%, HMY +3.1%, EXK +3.1%, ABX +2.8%, AUY +2.8%, SA +2.8%, SLW +2.7%, GG +2.7%, NEM +2.6%, HL +2.6%, KGC +2.3%, AGI +2.2%, AG +1.9%, NG +1.9%, PPP +1.8%, AUQ +1.6%, PAAS +1.2%, NGD +1%.
- ETFs: GDX, GDXJ, NUGT, DUST, SIL, GLDX, JNUG, SLVP, RING, SILJ, GGGG, JDST, PSAU
Dec. 11, 2013, 2:42 PM
- Gold producers' balance sheets appear relatively stable with gold prices at ~$1,250/oz. but would weaken further on lower prices, TD Securities says in an analysis of miners' sensitivity to changes in gold prices.
- At $1,100/oz, companies with the highest forecast ratio of net debt to total capitalization include Barrick Gold (ABX -2.5%), Newmont Mining (NEM -1.9%), Agnico Eagle Mines (AEM -2.5%) and Detour Gold (DRGDF +3.3%).
- TD's top picks include Eldorado (EGO -3.1%), Goldcorp (GG -1.5%), B2Gold (BTG -3.7%), Primero Mining (PPP -0.6%) and Silver Wheaton (SLW -2%).
- ETFs: GDX, GDXJ, NUGT, DUST, GLDX, GGGG, RING, PSAU, JNUG, JDST.
Nov. 15, 2013, 8:53 AM
- B2Gold (BTG) +11.6% premarket after signing a definitive arrangement agreement with Volta Resources relating to the previously announced combination of the two businesses.
- The acquisition of Volta will add to BTG's development portfolio an 81% interest in the Kiaka gold project in Burkina Faso and a 100% interest in two additional exploration projects in the African country.
BTG vs. ETF Alternatives
B2Gold Corp is a mid-tier gold mining company with a focus on acquiring and developing interests in mineral properties. Its material projects consist of the following three mines, one mine under construction and two development projects.
Other News & PR