There are 4 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
From other sites
at Benzinga.com (Fri, 9:57AM)
at Zacks.com (Nov 19, 2014)
- B2Gold realized first gold production at the Otjikoto deposit ahead of schedule.
- B2Gold expects Otjikoto to produce 140,000 to 150,000 gold ounces next year at low costs.
- B2Gold intends to integrate the adjacent Wolfshag deposit into Otjikoto's existing mine plan.
- B2Gold is an exciting gold growth story, with the potential to increase annual production 100% over the next three years.
- The company operates three currently producing gold mines, expected to produce 380,000 ounces of gold at operating costs sub-$700.
- I think B2Gold could greatly outperform its mining peers over the next few years as a result.
B2Gold Realizes Big Impairment Charges; Exciting Growth Prospects AheadChristopher De Sousa • Sat, Nov. 29
- B2Gold missed third quarter earnings as the company realized big impairment charges on the bottom line.
- B2Gold has an exciting gold mine in Namibia that should produce approx. 140,000 ounces annually.
- We project B2Gold to produce record gold production in the fourth quarter, and in turn, beat analysts' revenue estimates.
- B2Gold reported earnings and updated the market on operations.
- Our view of the company as one of the fastest growing in the sector was confirmed.
- Production guidance was revised downwards slightly due to operational issues at the Masbate mine.
Fully Loaded Project Pipeline Holds Value And Risks For B2Gold
- B2Gold has used difficult market conditions to build a project pipeline that sets this company apart from other mid-tier gold miners.
- The Fekola project has moved to the top priority in the project pipeline, and the future of the Gramalote project appears uncertain.
- We consider B2Gold fairly valued at the moment.
- B2Gold and Papillon Resources are proposing to merge.
- The Fekola project in Mali is one of the most attractive undeveloped gold projects world wide.
- This transaction ensures sustained growth for B2Gold beyond the Otjikoto mine which will be completed later in 2014.
- B2Gold continues to deftly ramp production by buying and developing excellent gold mines.
- Investors have so far been rewarded with outstanding upside leverage to the price of gold.
- B2Gold's excellent management team has its sights set on further growth via the organic development of its strong project pipeline.
Thu, Nov. 20, 6:54 PM
- "You can’t find a sector that is more out of favor right now than gold,” says former geologist and gold fund manager Joe Foster, who expects volatility to continue but with seemingly every headwind already pushing on the price of gold, it might not take much to spark a rally.
- Foster prefers junior miners to larger companies, as "the large caps have really gotten too big for their own good,” singling out Rio Alto Mining (NYSE:RIOM), thanks in past to its success with lower-cost heap leaching; RIOM recently acquired another heap leach operation in Peru.
- He also prefers regional miners, because geographic focus allows companies to better handle the local regulatory and political situation; Foster likes Randgold (NASDAQ:GOLD), which operates mostly in west Africa and has one of the most successful discovery track records in the industry.
- Rounding out Foster's five favorites: B2Gold (NYSEMKT:BTG), Eldorado Gold (NYSE:EGO) and Torex Gold Resources (OTCPK:TORXF).
Fri, Nov. 14, 6:09 AM
Thu, Oct. 9, 3:58 PM
- The price of gold may be rising, but gold mining stocks are getting hammered today; after all, "they are still stocks," Barron's Johanna Bennett writes.
- Gold prices rallied today to $1,234/oz., their highest level since Sept. 23, a day after the dovish minutes from the Fed’s September policy meeting excited gold bugs, but shares of the mining companies are falling along with the broader market selloff.
- Among the top mining names: IAG -6.9%, KGC -6.2%, SLW -5.9%, NGD -5.5%, AU -4.9%, GG -4.7%, ABX -3.9%, AUY -3.9%, GFI -2.8%, BTG -2.7%, RGLD -2.6%, AGI -2.1%, GOLD -1.8%.
- ETFs: GLD, SLV, GDX, GDXJ, NUGT, AGQ, IAU, DUST, SIL, USLV, SIVR, JNUG, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, GLDX, DGP, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, JDST, SLVO, GLDI, DSLV, SLVP, DGL, DBS, SILJ, DGZ, RING, OUNZ, GGGG, DGLD, AGOL, SGDM, PSAU
Wed, Oct. 8, 6:20 PM
- No investment sector benefited more today from the dovish take on the FOMC meeting minutes than precious metals miners, as the Fed's worries over weakening world economies and a strong U.S. dollar offer hope for gold bulls that the Fed will not rush to raise interest rates.
- Gold mining ETFs surged past those linked to the commodity price, with GDX +7.4% and GDXJ +9.6% while GLD +1%; among leveraged ETFs, NUGT +21.5%.
- Among major miners: BTG +14.4%, AGI +13.6%, GG +8.6%, RGLD +8.6%, SLW +8%, NGD +7.6%, IAG +7.5%, GFI +7%, AUY +6.9%, ABX +5.2%, AU +4.8%, KGC +3.5%.
- Other ETFs: SLV, AGQ, IAU, DUST, SIL, USLV, SIVR, JNUG, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, GLDX, DGP, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, JDST, SLVO, GLDI, DSLV, SLVP, DGL, DBS, GLTR, SILJ, DGZ, RING, OUNZ, GGGG, DGLD, AGOL, DBP, SGDM, WITE, PSAU
Mon, Oct. 6, 2:45 PM
- Gold prices bounce off 15-month lows to reclaim $1,200/oz. as the dollar rally pauses, helping strengthen shares of precious metals miners: AU +4.4%, GFI +3%, IAG +1.9%, BTG +3%, GG +2.2%, NGD +1.5%, KGC +1.6%, AGI +1.6%, RGLD +1%, SLW +2.1%.
- Sterne Agee analysts Michael Dudas and Satyadeep Jain foresee gold and silver prices trending higher, with gold averaging $1,400/oz. in 2015 and $1,450 in 2016 and silver averaging $19 next year and $21 in 2016, as “global demand remains firm, liquidity remains ample and the dollar appears overbought.”
- With investor sentiment still skeptical, Sterne thinks any supportive macro news flow could provide fuel for a rally; the firm rate Newmont Mining (NEM +1.5%), Agnico-Eagle Mines (AEM +2.4%), Coeur Mining (CDE +1.3%) and Gold Resource (GORO +0.2%) as Buys, with Barrick Gold (ABX +0.5%), Hecla Mining (HL +4.3%) and Pan American Silver (PAAS +1.5%) rated Neutral.
- ETFs: GLD, SLV, AGQ, IAU, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, DGP, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, SLVO, GLDI, DSLV, DGL, DBS, DGZ, OUNZ, DGLD, AGOL, DBP, TBAR, USV, UBG, JJP, GLDE, BAR, GYEN, GEUR, RGRP, BARS, GGBP, BLNG
Thu, Aug. 14, 6:11 AM
Mon, Jul. 14, 11:29 AM
- Precious metals miners are broadly lower as gold futures head for their biggest daily drop of 2014, plunging $29.30, or 2.2%, to $1,308.10/oz.
- Physical demand has remained short of expectations, Commerzbank's Eugen Weinberg says, and India's decision to maintain a 10% import duty on gold and silver likely will dampen future gold demand expectations from the country.
- Barclays, which expects gold to drop to $1,200/oz. by Q3, also expresses caution, saying recent gains across the metals complex look toppy.
- ABX -1.2%, NEM -1.7%, GG -2.4%, KGC -1.8%, AEM -1.4%, AUY -1.4%, EGO -3%, NGD -2.8%, FNV -2.4%, AGI -2.6%, AU -2.2%, IAG -1.9%, GFI -3.4%, BTG -2.1%, NG -0.7%, SLW -2.1%.
- ETFs: GLD, SLV, GDX, NUGT, AGQ, IAU, DUST, SIL, USLV, SIVR, SGOL, ZSL, UGL, DGP, GLDX, GLL, UGLD, DZZ, SLVO, GLDI, DSLV, SLVP, DGL, DBS, GLTR, DGZ, RING, AGOL, DGLD, OUNZ, DBP, GGGG, WITE, PSAU, TBAR, USV, UBG, JJP, GLDE, GYEN, GLDL, RGRP, GLDS, GEUR, GGBP, BLNG
Thu, Jul. 10, 10:54 AM
- Eldorado Gold (EGO -0.6%) is downgraded to Hold from Buy with a $9 price target at Canaccord, which notes that shares have outperformed gold miner competitors by 14%.
- The firm says EGO is experiencing a closing gap in valuation due to its expansion plan with its Kisladag, Olympias and Skouries assets, leading it to take a more conservative approach on the shares.
- EGO is one of the few major gold miners not sporting a gain in early trade, as overseas events have boosted the sector: NEM +1%, GG +1.2%, ABX +1.3%, KGC +1%, AEM +1.5%, AUY +2.4%, NGD +3.2%, FNV +1.9%, AGI +0.9%, AU +0.5%, BTG +0.3%, GFI -0.5%, IAG -1.3%.
Fri, Jun. 27, 5:36 PM
Fri, Jun. 20, 3:22 PM
- It's a good idea to have exposure to gold stocks in one's portfolio, say JPMorgan analyst John Bridges and team, but beware of sector plays (GDX -1.3%), and instead pick and choose carefully.
- Goldcorp (G +0.1%) is a "simple decision stock," says the team, thanks to its strong balance sheet, growth profile, and disciplined management. Names like Barrick (ABX -1.2%), Newmont (NEM +1.1%), and Kinross (KGC -1.9%) would fare better in a gold bull market, but today's "back-to-basics phase" means valuations are driven by strong operations and accretive deals.
- Another theme is to own players with operations in the safest locations, an idea paying off for Agnico (AEM +0.7%), but the team also recently initiated B2Gold (BTG +1.1%) with positive coverage on the idea some companies can learn how to operate successfully in "more complex locations."
- Another favorite is laggard Buenaventura (BVN -0.5%) which is likely to see improved results in H2.
Thu, Jun. 19, 3:35 PM
- Beaten-up gold miner stocks are strong across the board as precious metal prices move sharply higher and take out key technical resistance levels; Comex gold jumped $41.40 (+3.3%) to settle at $1,314.10/oz., the highest level since April 14, and silver added $0.87 (+4.4%) to end at $20.65/oz..
- Among today's winners: EGO +8.5%, AGI +8.5%, BTG +8.1%, SBGL +8.1%, SLW +5.5%, AUY +5.3%, AUY +5.2%, KGC +5.2%, GG +4.8%, NG +4.4%, AU +4.1%, ANV +4%, GFI +3.8%, ABX +3.2%, NEM +2.8%, IAG +1.7%.
Tue, Jun. 3, 5:40 PM
Tue, Jun. 3, 8:04 AM
- B2Gold (BTG) agrees to acquire Papillon Resources (PAPQF) for A$1.72/share, valuing the company at ~$570M.
- BTG says the combination will result in a company with a growth profile beyond its three operating mines, which collectively produced 366K oz. of gold in 2013 at a cash cost of $681/oz.; BTG expects total production to rise to ~550K oz. by FY 2015 as the low cost Otjikoto mine in Namibia is scheduled to commence gold production in late 2014.
Wed, May. 14, 6:53 AM
Tue, Apr. 22, 7:55 AM
- Gold and silver equities now appear more fairly valued, Goldman Sachs says, raising its sector coverage view to Neutral as it sees more responsible capital allocation, successful cost cutting initiatives, a refocus on maximizing free cash flow, and sound strategic portfolio optimization improving the positioning of select companies and offsetting its below-consensus outlook for commodity prices ($1,200/oz. gold from 2015 forward).
- The firm upgrades Barrick Gold (ABX) to Buy, believing the company's financial flexibility has significantly improved; ABX +1.8% premarket.
- B2Gold (BTG) is initiated with a Buy rating and C$4.20 price target, as Goldman cites imminent production growth from the Otjikoto project which enhances BTG’s free cash flow generation and should fund future development.
- Started at Neutral: AGI, FNV, BVN,.
- Maintained at Buy: GG, AUY, SLV.
- Sell: IAG, EGO, PAAS.
- ETFs: GDX, GDXJ, NUGT, DUST, SIL, GLDX, JNUG, SLVP, RING, SILJ, JDST, GGGG, PSAU
Mon, Mar. 24, 3:48 PM
- Gold prices tumbled nearly 2% to settle at five-week lows as investors continued to take profits against the metal's YTD surge with an eye toward an improving U.S. economy and the possibility of an interest rate hike as soon as early next year.
- So Credit Suisse's move today to lift stock price targets for Barrick Gold (ABX -4.1%) and Newmont Mining (NEM -2.1%) was ill-timed as gold miners (GDX -4%) fall sharply across the board.
- On ABX, the firm raises its target to $21 to reflect the company's relatively conservative $1,100/oz. gold price assumption for reserves, exploration upside potential within its asset base (demonstrated by its 15M oz. Goldrush discovery) and strong base of low cost assets.
- On NEM, the firm ups its target to $26 on higher forecast operating cash flow and a higher NAV target multiple, but a resolution of the ore export ban in Indonesia is necessary to become more constructive.
- Also: AU -4.3%, NG -4.9%, GG -3.6%, KGC -4%, NGD -4%, IAG -3.8%, GFI -1.9%, HMY -3.2%, SLW -6.5%, ANV -6.7%, BTG -4.9%.
BTG vs. ETF Alternatives
B2Gold Corp is a mid-tier gold mining company with a focus on acquiring and developing interests in mineral properties. Its material projects consist of the following three mines, one mine under construction and two development projects.
Other News & PR