Jul. 11, 2014, 3:23 PM
- Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD -0.5%) increased spending on media ads for its "Ritas" products (Lime-A-Rita, Straw-Ber-Rita, Raz-Ber-Rita, etc.) by 437% to $11.8M last year, but is just getting started.
- The company plans to make the flavored malt beverage an even larger focus in 2H and 2015 with a "significant" increase in the budget tied to it, according to execs.
- Sales of the Ritas grew 55% to $498M for the 52 weeks ending June 15, good enough for 28% market share for A-B in the new category of progressive adult beverages.
Jul. 10, 2014, 10:13 AM
- Credit Suisse upgrades Heineken (HINKY) to a Neutral rating after having the beer seller slotted at Underperform.
- Despite some sluggish volume, the so-called Big Beer stocks (SBMRY, BUD) have run up some gaudy gains this year off of benefits from consolidation in the industry. Many analysts think there's plenty of upside still left.
Jul. 9, 2014, 11:12 AM| Comment!
Jul. 3, 2014, 11:28 AM
- Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD +1%) buys a local brewery in the hometown of ancient rival Budjovicky Budvar.
- The two companies have been waging legal warfare for over a century over the use of the Budweis and Budweiser brand name.
- With A-B's purchase of Pivovar Samson it takes the fight straight to Budvar's front door.
Jun. 24, 2014, 7:52 AM
- Erste Asset Management thinks Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) lacks sufficient board independence.
- The Austrian asset manager dropped A-B from its list of sustainable investments due to the perceived governance issues.
- A few more independent directors on the company's board would solve the issue, according to Erste.
Jun. 17, 2014, 12:09 PM
Jun. 13, 2014, 12:28 PM| 2 Comments
Jun. 12, 2014, 10:29 AM| 3 Comments
Jun. 10, 2014, 1:51 PM| Comment!
May. 16, 2014, 9:59 AM| Comment!
May. 7, 2014, 9:20 AM| Comment!
May. 7, 2014, 6:46 AM
- Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) reports volume increased by 4.5% in Q1.
- Sales to retailers in the U.S. fell 2.6% during the quarter.
- Volume in the U.S. was 2.1% higher during the quarter, although much of the deliveries were tied to the company shipping beer to distributors ahead of its negotiations with Teamsters.
- Sales volume in Asia was strong, led by a 9% gain in China.
- The company expects improvement in the U.S. during the rest of the year and a boost in Brazil from the FIFA World Cup this summer.
- BUD +0.7% premarket
May. 6, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AGN, ALE, AOL, ARIA, ARQL, ATRO, AVA, AYR, BAM, BUD, CHK, CLH, COT, CTSH, DUK, DVN, DWSN, DX, EE, ENB, END, FWLT, GTIV, GWPH, HNT, HTZ, HUM, INXN, KELYA, KING, LAMR, LGND, LINC, LMIA, MDLZ, MEMP, MZOR, NAVB, NJR, NTLS, NVDQ, POM, PRGO, QRE, RIGL, ROC, SBGI, SE, SEP, SFUN, SNSS, SPAR, SPB, STRA, SUSP, SUSS, TAP, THI, TLM, TMHC, TPC, TRGT, USAC, VOYA, VSI, WBAI, WPX, WRES, XEC.
May. 1, 2014, 6:55 AM| 1 Comment
Apr. 11, 2014, 10:16 AM| Comment!
Apr. 9, 2014, 8:31 AM
- Shares of Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) are higher in early trading.
- A robust report from Constellation Brands which showed volume gains in its beer segment has A-B looking a bit more attractive this morning.
- A-B and Constellation are tied together through a supply agreement for Modelo brands.
- BUD +1.5% premarket to $107.60 to top its all-time high closing price.
BUD vs. ETF Alternatives
Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA is involved in the production, marketing, and distribution of beer. Its brand comprises of Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois. It also manufactures non-alcoholic beverages such as bottle water and Ice tea.
Other News & PR