Wed, May 6, 9:05 AM
- Total volumes declined by 1.2% for the period.
- Global brands delivered solid volume growth of 4.6%.
- Own beer volume declined 1%.
- Revenue breakdown: United States: $3.26B (-4.8%); Mexico: $893M (-14.30%); Brazil: $2.27B (-8.61%); China: $997M (+16.88%).
- Gross margin rate increased 20 bps to 59.8%.
- Normalized EBIT margin rate grew 120 bps to 30.7%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Tax rate: 22% to 24%; Capex: ~$4.3B.
- BUD +3.33% premarket.
Wed, May 6, 7:29 AM| 2 Comments
Tue, May 5, 5:30 PM
- ANSS, ARQL, ATHM, AVA, AYR, BAM, BUD, CEQP, CHH, CHK, CKSW, CLH, CMLP, CRNT, CRZO, CSTE, DAVE, DDD, DNR, EE, EGAN, ENB, EXK, GDP, GLOG, HAIN, HCLP, HFC, HSC, HSNI, HTA, IMN, INFI, KELYA, LAMR, LG, LINC, MEMP, MPO, MSI, MWE, NOR, NXTM, OXY, PERI, PGNX, POWR, RDC, RHP, SBGI, SCMP, SE, SNH, SODA, STRA, SUP, SWC, TMHC, TRXC, VG, VOYA, VSI, WCG, WD, WEN, WIX, WMC, WPX, XLS, XRAY
Wed, Feb. 25, 5:30 PM
- ACIW, ACTA, AES, AKRX, AMCX, AMWD, ANSS, ARCC, BDBD, BIN, BUD, CCG, CHS, CNP, CNSL, CRI, CWEI, CYBX, DDD, EME, EXH, EXLP, FCH, FIG, FRO, GCAP, GOGO, HAWK, HEES, HSC, HSNI, ICON, IQNT, IRDM, ITC, KOP, KSS, LKQ, LPI, LTM, MBLY, MDXG, MGLN, MITL, MRGE, [[NTi]], NTLS, NXST, NXTM, OGE, ONE, RHP, SDRL, SEAS, SFY, SHLD, SNAK, SNH, SNMX, SRE, SRPT, TASR, TD, TICC, TWI, VAC, VC, VICL, WAC, WNR, XCRA, ZEUS
Oct. 31, 2014, 10:23 AM
- Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD -0.7%) reports an increase in profit during Q3 as higher prices offset some volume slips in the U.S, Europe and Asia.
- Sales volume was off 2.6% in the U.S., while a cold spell in China led to a 4.9% volume dip in the region.
- Market share in the U.S. fell 30 bps vs. the -65 bp slide in Q2.
- No problems in Brazil, where A-B's market share rose 100 bps to 69% with the World Cup traffic a factor.
Oct. 31, 2014, 9:11 AM| Comment!
Oct. 30, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jul. 31, 2014, 8:33 AM
- Anheuser-Busch InBev (NYSE:BUD) reports revenue jumped 5% to $12.2B in Q2 with the World Cup generating significant volume momentum for the beer giant.
- Net profit was up 72% to $2.61B as cost-cutting measures factored in and due to strong performances by the company in China and Brazil.
- Beer volume was up 7.2% in Brazil to help A-B generate a 1% overall beer volume gain. Execs think a carry-over effect will play out into Q3.
- Things weren't so rosy in the U.S. where the company lost market share in Q2. Beer volume in North America fell 3% Y/Y in Q2.
- A-B's net debt is now up to $46.3B.
- Shares of BUD are unchanged in premarket trading.
Jul. 30, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AGI, ALKS, ALU, AMRC, APA, ASEI, ATK, AVP, AYR, AZN, BDX, BG, BGCP, BKCC, BLL, BUD, BWA, BZH, CCJ, CDW, CEVA, CHTR, CI, CL, CME, CNSL, COMM, COP, COT, CRCM, CRR, CTCM, CVI, CVRR, DDD, DISCA, DLPH, DTV, ENDP, EPD, EXC, FCH, FCN, FIG, FLY, FRM, GEL, GG, GIL, GLOP, GMT, GNRC, GTLS, H, HGG, HL, HP, HST, IDA, IMN, INCY, IRDM, IRM, ITT, IVZ, K, KMT, LKQ, LLL, LM, MA, MCK, MD, MDP, MNTA, MOD, MOS, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTOR, MWIV, NGD, NI, NJR, NWL, OAK, OCN, ODFL, OXY, PCG, PCRX, PES, PNR, PNW, PPL, PRFT, PWR, Q, RFP, RYL, SBH, SC, SCG, SFY, SHOO, SNAK, SNMX, STC, STRA, STRZA, SUP, SWC, TE, TEVA, TKR, TRP, TWC, UAN, UPL, USAK, VG, VICL, VNTV, VRX, WLT, WWE, XEL, XOM, XRAY
May 7, 2014, 9:20 AM| Comment!
May 6, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AGN, ALE, AOL, ARIA, ARQL, ATRO, AVA, AYR, BAM, BUD, CHK, CLH, COT, CTSH, DUK, DVN, DWSN, DX, EE, ENB, END, FWLT, GTIV, GWPH, HNT, HTZ, HUM, INXN, KELYA, KING, LAMR, LGND, LINC, LMIA, MDLZ, MEMP, MZOR, NAVB, NJR, NTLS, NVDQ, POM, PRGO, QRE, RIGL, ROC, SBGI, SE, SEP, SFUN, SNSS, SPAR, SPB, STRA, SUSP, SUSS, TAP, THI, TLM, TMHC, TPC, TRGT, USAC, VOYA, VSI, WBAI, WPX, WRES, XEC.
Feb. 26, 2014, 2:53 AM
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's (BUD) Q4 like-for-like EBITDA climbed 13% to $5.2B and topped estimates of $4.94B, although the figure included a $143M one-off gain.
- Net profit jumped 47% to $2.52B, while revenue increased to $11. 71B from $10.29B and exceeded forecasts of $11.7B.
- Normalized EPS +32.7% to $1.46; consensus is for $1.31.
- AB InBev's profitability benefited from price hikes and a shift to premium lagers, as well as from a strong performance in Brazil and cost cutting in Mexico.
- However, total beverage volumes fell 2%, with sales slipping in Brazil and Mexico, although they rose in Asia.
- Mexico EBITDA climbed 44% to $575M, helped by savings following AB InBev's acquisition of Grupo Modelo.
- Net debt as of 31 December rose to $38.8B from $8.7B a year earlier, mainly due to the Modelo deal.
- AB InBev expects the soccer World Cup in Brazil in the summer to boost sales in the country.
- AB InBev proposed a final dividend of €1.45 a share, bringing the total dividend for 2013 to €2.05. The shares will trade ex-coupon as of 5 May and dividends will be payable on May 8. The record date will be May 7. (PR)
Feb. 26, 2014, 12:05 AM
Feb. 25, 2014, 5:30 PM
Oct. 31, 2013, 3:25 AM
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's (BUD) Q3 EBITDA rose 10.5% to $4.66B and exceeded consensus of $4.54B, helped by higher selling prices and cost-cutting.
- Net profit jumped 31% to $2.37B, reflecting the firm's $20B acquisition of Mexico's Grupo Modelo.
- Comparable revenue increased 3% to $11.73B but missed consensus of $11.86B.
- Volumes slipped 1.3% to 119.7 million hectoliters, in line with forecasts, although revenue per hectoliter increased 5.7%.
- AB InBev's volumes in the key market of Brazil dropped 5%, and the company warned that due to high food inflation FY sales in the country will be at the lower end of a prior forecast of flat to a low single-digit percentage decline.
- U.S. sales fell, although average prices and profit margins grew.
- Budweiser's sales increased 8.1%.
- Declared interim dividend of €0.60 a share. The shares will trade ex-coupon as of 13 November and dividends will be payable as from 18 November. The record date will be 15 November. (PR)
Oct. 31, 2013, 12:05 AM
- AAP, ABC, ABX, ACOR, ALKS, ALU, ANR, ARRY, AVP, AYR, AZN, BEAM, BGCP, BLC, BUD, BYD, CAH, CI, CLX, COP, COR, COT, CRR, DGI, DISCA, EL, EPD, EPL, FCH, FIG, GBX, GTI, GTLS, HAR, HGG, HSH, IDCC, INCY, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, ITT, IVZ, KEM, LECO, LIOX, LKQ, MA, MGM, MMP, MOD, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MYL, NI, NIHD, NILE, NMM, NVO, NYT, O, OCN, OSK, PDCE, PNW, PPL, PRGO, PRLB, PWR, Q, RFP, SCG, SFY, SHOO, SMP, SNAK, SNE, STRA, TDC, TE, TEVA, TWC, VICL, VPHM, VRX, WNR, WWE, XOM
BUD vs. ETF Alternatives
Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA is engaged in the production, marketing, and distribution of beer. Its brand comprises of Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois. It also manufactures non-alcoholic beverages such as bottle water and Ice tea.
Other News & PR