Thu, Jan. 8, 10:01 AM
- Beer stocks are getting some early run after Constellation Brands (STZ +4.8%) reports strong volume numbers for Q4.
- The company sells Corona Extra, Corona Light, Modelo Especial, Negra Modelo, and Pacifico in the U.S.
- Channel checks in the industry have tipped off an improvement in demand for the U.S. late in Q4.
- Gainers: Anheuser-Busch InBev (NYSE:BUD) +2.5%, Molson Coors (NYSE:TAP) +2.4%, SABMiller (OTCPK:SBMRY) +2.5%, Boston Beer (NYSE:SM) +1.0%.
- Related: Retail picks tied to lower gas prices.
Wed, Jan. 7, 7:12 AM
- Shares of Campbell Soup (NYSE:CPB) and PepsiCo (NYSE:PEP) are on watch after the WSJ reports 3G is discussing trying to acquire a major food company.
- Sources indicate the massive size of PepsiCo deal could prompt a partial buyout or a bid in tandem with Aneuser-Busch InBev (NYSE:BUD).
- PEP +0.8% premarket, CPB inactive.
Sep. 15, 2014, 9:55 AM
- Shares of SABMiller (OTCPK:SBMRY) are ripping in London trading with reports out that Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD +3.2%) is talking to banks about coming up with financing for a bid.
- SABMiller is more vulnerable after Heineken (OTCQX:HEINY) rejected its buyout overture.
- A deal between the beer giants would require significant divestiture massaging, possibly including SABMiller shedding its interest in MillerCoors (NYSE:TAP) in the U.S.
- What to watch: A-B has to decide before the end of the year if its wants to renew a soft-drink bottling contract with PepsiCo. If the brewer declines, it could be an indication that it has its eyes on SABMiller's deal with Coca-Cola in Africa.
- SBMRY +12.2%.
Sep. 15, 2014, 7:28 AM
- Anheuser-Busch InBev (NYSE:BUD) is talking to banks on financing an offer to purchase SABMiller (OTCPK:SBMRY), according to The Wall Street Journal.
- A deal price for the long-rumored combination would be in the neighborhood of $122B.
- Beer watch: Over the weekend, Heineken confirmed it rejected a takeover offer from SABMiller.
- BUD +2.3% premarket to $113.50.
Jun. 10, 2014, 1:51 PM| Comment!
May. 7, 2014, 6:46 AM
- Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) reports volume increased by 4.5% in Q1.
- Sales to retailers in the U.S. fell 2.6% during the quarter.
- Volume in the U.S. was 2.1% higher during the quarter, although much of the deliveries were tied to the company shipping beer to distributors ahead of its negotiations with Teamsters.
- Sales volume in Asia was strong, led by a 9% gain in China.
- The company expects improvement in the U.S. during the rest of the year and a boost in Brazil from the FIFA World Cup this summer.
- BUD +0.7% premarket
Apr. 9, 2014, 8:31 AM
- Shares of Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) are higher in early trading.
- A robust report from Constellation Brands which showed volume gains in its beer segment has A-B looking a bit more attractive this morning.
- A-B and Constellation are tied together through a supply agreement for Modelo brands.
- BUD +1.5% premarket to $107.60 to top its all-time high closing price.
Jan. 21, 2014, 7:14 AM
- Shares of Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) trade higher after the global brewer buys Oriental Brewery for $5.8B.
- Oriental Brewery is the largest South Korean brewer and already distributes A-B brands in the region. Analysts see immediate synergies after the deal closes sometime later this year.
- BUD +3.1% premarket
Dec. 16, 2013, 11:10 AM
- Brewers and spirits sellers are on the move today along with most global markets.
- What to watch: The sector has been shifting more of its focus to emerging markets with North American and Europe seeing sluggish growth trends. In particular, aggressive moves from new brands are being made in Latin America and India.
- Advancers: SABMiller (SBMRY) +1.8%, Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) +2.1%, Diageo (DEO) +2.8%, Carlsberg (CABGY) +1.7%, Brown-Forman (BF.A, BF.B) +1.1%.
Jul. 31, 2013, 9:12 AM
Jul. 31, 2013, 8:50 AM
- Shares of Anheuser Busch InBev (BUD) soar 6.6% premarket after the company's sales results surprised on the upside.
- Soft sales from SABMiller in Q2 had some traders prepared for an earnings day dud.
- A-B made up for falling volume with higher prices which consumers seemed to lap up, a trend the company sees continuing for the rest of the year.
Apr. 30, 2013, 4:10 AM
Mar. 15, 2013, 6:07 PMConstellation Brands (STZ) +3.1% AH as AB InBev (BUD), Grupo Modelo and the Justice Department ask a federal court to allow more time for settlement talks that could resolve a government lawsuit challenging the companies' planned merger. After DoJ sued to stop the deal, BUD agreed to sell a Modelo brewery in Mexico to STZ for $2.9B and grant STZ perpetual rights for Corona and other Modelo brands in the U.S. | 1 Comment
Feb. 14, 2013, 9:10 AM
Jan. 31, 2013, 10:44 AMBeer shakeup: Constellation Brands (STZ -24.2%) dives after the DOJ files suit against Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD -5.1%) to block its takeover of Grupo Modelo. A no-go on the A-B deal is bad for Constellation Brands because it was all set to export Modelo to the U.S. so that the deal might be more palatable to regulators. According to the Nasdaq website, STZ is currently halted for hitting a volatility level. | 7 Comments
Dec. 13, 2012, 9:07 AM
BUD vs. ETF Alternatives
Anheuser-Busch Inbev SA is involved in the production, marketing, and distribution of beer. Its brand comprises of Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois. It also manufactures non-alcoholic beverages such as bottle water and Ice tea.
Other News & PR