Tue, Mar. 3, 4:59 PM
- Though Bazaarvoice (NASDAQ:BV) beat FQ3 estimates, it has guided on its CC (webcast) for 6%-10% FY16 (ends April '16) revenue growth, below a consensus for 14% growth.
- The online reviews/customer engagement platform provider added ~600 network clients in FQ3, up from FQ2's ~500 and FQ1's ~300, and bringing the total base above 2,900.
- Active clients rose by 57 Q/Q to 1,315, after rising by 66 in FQ2. Annualized SaaS revenue per active client fell by $3K to $144K.
- Gross margin fell to 63.7% from 68.3% a year ago. GAAP operating expenses fell 9% Y/Y to $34.5M - sales/marketing spend totaled $18M, R&D $8.8M, and G&A $6.9M.
- Shares have fallen to $8.00 AH.
- FQ3 results, PR
Tue, Mar. 3, 4:16 PM
Mon, Mar. 2, 5:35 PM
Dec. 2, 2014, 4:20 PM
- Bazaarvoice (NASDAQ:BV) ended FQ2 with 2.3K+ network clients, up by ~500 from the end of FQ1. Q/Q growth surpassed FQ1's ~300.
- Active clients, who (unlike network clients) produce recurring revenue, grew by 61 Q/Q to 1,258; they rose by 66 in FQ1. Annualized SaaS revenue per active client fell by $5K to $147K.
- Gross margin for continuing ops (excludes PowerReviews) was 63.2%, down from 64.3% in FQ1 and 69.6% a year ago. Excluding charges, GAAP opex rose 6% Y/Y to $36.3M.
- FQ2 results, PR
Dec. 2, 2014, 4:04 PM
Dec. 1, 2014, 5:35 PM
Sep. 3, 2014, 4:47 PM
- Bazaarvoice's (NASDAQ:BV) active clients rose by 66 Q/Q in FQ1 to 1,197, while network clients (no recurring revenue) rose by ~300 to 1.8K+. Annualized SaaS revenue per active client fell by $4K to $152K.
- Total clients rose 75% Y/Y, and new clients adds rose by 70K. CEO Gene Austin suggests new product launches helped fuel the growth.
- Not counting PowerReviews, gross margin fell 570 bps Y/Y to 64.3%. GAAP R&D spend +9% to $9.7M, G&A -8% to $7.9M, sales/marketing roughly flat at $21M.
- FQ1 results, PR
Sep. 3, 2014, 4:08 PM
Sep. 2, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jun. 4, 2014, 4:33 PM
- Along with its FQ4 results, Bazaarvoice (BV) announces it's selling its PowerReviews unit to reviews platform Viewpoints for $30M in cash.
- The deal is expected to close in FQ1, pending DOJ approval. Its price is a small fraction of the $168.2M Bazaarvoice originally paid for PowerReviews.
- Bazaarvoice announced in April it had signed a non-binding LOI with Viewpoints to sell PowerReviews, after the DOJ prevailed in an antitrust suit opposing Bazaarvoice's 2012 acquisition of the company.
- Revenue from continuing ops rose 11% Y/Y in FQ4. Adjusted EBITDA from continuing ops was -$7.6M vs. -$9.1M a year ago.
- BV -0.4% AH. FQ4 results, PR
Jun. 4, 2014, 4:10 PM
Jun. 3, 2014, 5:35 PM
Mar. 5, 2014, 1:00 PM
- With Bazaarvoice's (BV +16.9%) shares having closed yesterday near their 52-week low of $6.45, investors are paying more attention to the company's FQ3 beat than the light FQ4 guidance - revenue of $44.9M-$45.9M and EPS of -$0.12 to -$0.12 vs. a consensus of $46.3M and -$0.09 - it provided on its CC (transcript).
- Bazaarvoice ended FQ3 with 1,308 enterprise clients, up 19 Q/Q. Total customers rose to 3,300+ from 3,200+, and the company's deferred revenue balance grew to $55.7M from $53M.
- CEO Eugene Austin mentioned Bazaarvoice has "received significant interest from multiple parties" for its PowerReviews unit, following a January court ruling backing a DOJ suit opposing Bazaarvoice's 2012 acquisition of PowerReviews.
- Morgan Stanley (Equal-Weight) thinks the FQ3 results "showed some signs of improved execution." But it also notes "low-end attrition continues to weigh on net adds," and believes "distractions" related to PowerReviews are still an overhang.
Mar. 4, 2014, 4:05 PM
Mar. 4, 2014, 12:10 AM
Mar. 3, 2014, 5:35 PM
BV vs. ETF Alternatives
Bazaarvoice Inc is a network that connects brands & retailers to the authentic voices of people where they shop. Its technology platform collects & displays ratings & reviews, questions & answers & stories from consumers with visual commerce capabilities.
Other News & PR