Seeking Alpha
 

BorgWarner Inc. (BWA)

- NYSE
  • Oct. 14, 2014, 10:09 AM
    • Auto suppliers are off and running after Goldman Sachs issues some upgrades in the sector with a positive stance on demand.
    • Goldman's call on the sector follows a positive spin from Barron's over the weekend.
    • Gainers: Federal-Mogul (NASDAQ:FDML) +6.0%, American Axle & Manufacturing (NYSE:AXL) +5.7%, Delphi Automotive (NYSE:DLPH) +3.2%, BorgWarner (NYSE:BWA) +2.7%, Standard Motor Products (NYSE:SMP) +2.5%, Gentherm (NASDAQ:THRM) +1.9%.
    | 1 Comment
  • Nov. 5, 2013, 12:12 PM
    • BorgWarner (BWA +0.5%) shares spike after having been down 1.9% on the day following the company's announcement that it expects $2.9B of net new powertrain business in 2014-2016, an increase of 26% over the prior 3 years.
    • 80% of the new business is anticipated from turbochargers, ignition systems, emissions products, engine timing systems, and thermal systems. The remaining 20% is expected to come from AWD systems and BorgWarner's DualTronic tech. Turbochargers alone are expected to account for 50% of the increase.
    • Management expects new sales in Asia to account for 47% of the total by period end, Americas 26%, and Europe 27%.
    | Comment!
  • Jul. 18, 2012, 10:49 AM
    Shares of a number of auto suppliers move higher with sector upgrades tipping sentiment. A rating boost by Jefferies on Oshkosh Truck (OSK +5.1%) to Buy from Hold and JPMorgan's initiation of TRW Automotive (TRW +3.7%) at Overweight leads the charge. A common theme with analysts is that improvement in commercial and construction markets will help offset defense-industry sluggishness. Sector gainers: BWA +2.5%, NAV +1.9%, FSYS +3.2%, FDML +2.6%, SMP +2.5%, GNTX +2.3%.
    | Comment!
  • Apr. 26, 2012, 9:20 AM
    Premarket gainers: PATK +26%. HTWR +15%. REGN +14%. NUAN +14%. LOGI +14%. VHC +12%. CTXS +12%. NRGY +10%. EQIX +9%. CRUS +8%. SPPI +8%. INCY +7%. XLNX +7%. WPI +7%. AMRN +5%. EA +7%. MWW +5%. AH +6%. PHM +6%. AIS +5%. AIXG +5%. LSI +4%. TS +3%. UN +3%. ZNGA +3%. FRO +3%. RDS +3%.
    Losers: FURX -28%. PCS -15%. HRB -15%. TQNT -14%. ALU -13%. TSPT -12%. AET -9%. PTX -7%. AKAM -6%. AZN -6%. ZMH -5%. DB -5%. HERO -5%. STD -5%. DOW -4%. CELG -4%. CS -4%. CROX -4%. GG -3%. BWA -3%. UNH -3%. LVS -3%. VALE -3%. UPS -3%. POT -3%.
    | Comment!
  • Apr. 26, 2012, 8:43 AM
    BorgWarner (BWA): Q1 EPS of $1.28 misses by $0.01. Revenue of $1.91B (+10.6% Y/Y) in-line. Shares -3.2% premarket. (PR)
    | Comment!
  • Apr. 3, 2012, 10:26 AM
    Wells Fargo makes a couple valuation changes to its Priority Stock list this morning. The firm adds Tenneco (TEN +1.4%), raising Q1 EPS estimates and increasing its price range to $42 - $47 from $39 - $44, and cuts BorgWarner (BWA +0.7%).
    | Comment!
  • Jan. 10, 2012, 11:37 AM
    BorgWarner (BWA +10.3%) shares power higher after issuing upside FY12 EPS guidance and in-line revenue guidance. The supplier of engineered automotive systems and components sees EPS of $5.35-$5.65 vs. $5.21 consensus, revenues +10%-12% vs. ~12% consensus, and operating income margin of 11.5% or better, which would be a new record.
    | Comment!
  • Dec. 15, 2011, 11:46 AM
    Shares of BorgWarner (BWA +2%) reverse course following a brief dip at the open after UBS downgrades the shares to Neutral, citing its relative valuation. Separately, the stock is due to be added to the S&P 500 at the close of trading tomorrow, and the stock's weakness over the past few days may have afforded index investors the opportunity to do a little bottom-fishing.
    | Comment!
  • Nov. 8, 2011, 1:49 PM
    Automotive component supplier BorgWarner (BWA -5%) is selling off after stating it expects $2.5B in "net new powertrain business" from 2012 to 2014, an increase of just 9% from the prior 3-year period. However, Morgan Stanley is declaring BorgWarner a "research tactical idea," claiming the company's backlog is stronger than expected, and EPS estimates will rise.
    | Comment!
  • Sep. 21, 2011, 10:36 AM
    Companies related to manufacturing parts for the auto industry are taking it on the chin today, as the outlook for strong sales weakens. Copart's Q4 report pointing to slimmer margins may have kickstarted the negative sentiment on the sector. Can BWA -3.8%, LEA -3.6%, CPRT -3.2%, MTOR -2.5% and DAN -3.1% survive slumping auto sales?
    | Comment!
BWA vs. ETF Alternatives
Company Description
BorgWarner Inc. is a global supplier of engineered automotive systems and components, mainly for powertrain applications.
Industry: Auto Parts
Country: United States