Thu, Feb. 26, 9:46 AM
- Net income of $68.6M, or $0.64 per share vs. $0.52 per share in the same quarter a year ago.
- Sales by segment: Power Generation +8.9%; Nuclear Operations +17.2%; Technical Services -46.4%; Nuclear Energy -61.3%.
- The company did not give 2015 full-year consolidated EPS guidance due to the planned spin-off of its Power Generation business mid-year.
- Q4 results
Wed, Feb. 25, 4:30 PM| Comment!
Tue, Feb. 24, 5:35 PM
- AEGN, AGO, AMSG, ANIK, AR, AREX, ARI, AVGO, AWR, BLDP, BMRN, BWC, CEMP, CHDN, CHMT, CLUB, CLVS, CRM, CSGP, CWT, CXO, DRYS, DXCM, EAC, EHTH, ELGX, EPAM, ESRT, ESV, FARO, FOE, GMED, GPOR, GXP, HK, IL, KW, LB, LGCY, LHCG, MCHX, MDVN, MELI, MMLP, OAS, ORIG, PGTI, PLKI, PRSS, PVA, RGR, RIG, RIGP, SBY, SFM, STAA, SYNC, TEG, TTEC, WDAY, WLL, WMGI, WPX, WR
Fri, Feb. 20, 10:17 AM
Thu, Feb. 12, 9:14 AM| 1 Comment
Wed, Jan. 28, 10:41 AM
- Babcock & Wilcox's (BWC -0.2%) subsidiary, B&W Vølund, has been awarded contracts by Margam Green Energy for more than $200M to engineer, procure and operate a biomass power plant in Wales.
- The facility will be designed to generate approximately 40 MW of electricity and will be capable of using municipal waste as a fuel source in the future.
Thu, Jan. 22, 9:45 AM
Tue, Jan. 20, 8:45 AM| Comment!
Dec. 22, 2014, 9:49 AM| Comment!
Dec. 16, 2014, 9:39 AM| Comment!
Dec. 1, 2014, 9:33 AM
- Babcock & Wilcox (BWC) Canada has been awarded a long-term master services agreement to provide Bruce Power with nuclear services and components for its commercial nuclear operations in Tiverton, Ontario.
- The contract value is expected to be in the range of $300M.
- B&W Canada will also supply outage services for steam generators and preheaters at all Bruce Power units for the next six-year term.
Nov. 6, 2014, 10:53 AM
- Net income of $61.2 vs. $60.5M in the same quarter a year ago. Adjusted earnings per share were $0.53 vs. $0.57 in the third quarter of 2013.
- The company's Nuclear Operations segment recorded its highest ever Q3 revenue ($297.5M) while maintaining its operating margin. The Nuclear Energy segment reported bookings in excess of $100M.
- Repurchased 1.63M shares of its common stock at a total cost of $50M.
- B&W (BWC +5.5%) also announced the tax-free spin-off of the company's Power Generation business to shareholders. The planned separation of the Power Generation and Government & Nuclear Operations businesses is expected to create two independent, publicly-traded companies.
- The company raised the lower end of the range for adjusted earnings per share FY 2014 to $1.75-$1.85, from a previous range of $1.70-$1.85.
- Q3 results
- Previously: B&W evaluating possible separation
Nov. 5, 2014, 4:36 PM| Comment!
Nov. 4, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABTL, ACAS, ACLS, ALNY, ALSK, ANDE, AR, AREX, ASH, ATO, ATSG, AVG, AWK, BALT, BCOR, BIOS, BKD, BREW, BWC, CBS, CDE, CF, CLR, CODI, CPE, CSOD, CTL, CVG, CXO, DATA, DEPO, DK, DPM, DRYS, DVR, DYN, ECOL, ECYT, EFC, ENS, ENSG, ETE, ETP, EXAR, EXXI, FMI, FNV, G, GNW, GPOR, GSM, HOLX, HTCH, IL, INWK, IO, JCOM, KGC, KW, LBTYA, LHCG, LPSN, MBI, MCHX, MCP, MDR, MDWD, MED, MHLD, MIDD, MRIN, MTDR, MTRX, MUSA, MWE, NDLS, NLY, NVAX, NWSA, OILT, ORA, ORIG, OSUR, PAA, PLNR, PMT, PODD, POWR, PPO, PRGN, PRU, PTC, QCOM, QEP, QUAD, RGP, RNDY, RUTH, SB, SBY, SCTY, SD, SKUL, SLF, SSNI, SSRI, STMP, SUSP, SWIR, SWM, SXL, SYMC, SZYM, TCAP, TEAR, TEG, TERP, THOR, TNGO, TPC, TRAK, TROX, TRUE, TS, TSLA, TSRO, TTEC, TXTR, UHAL, VVUS, WBMD, WFM, WMC, WMGI, WR, WTI, WWWW, XPO, Z
Oct. 7, 2014, 9:41 AM
- Moody's views the potential split of Babcock & Wilcox (BWC -0.4%) into two publicly traded companies as credit negative.
- B&W announced the possible separation of its power-generation and government and nuclear operations on Oct.1, and said at the time that it will provide more details when it reports Q3 results in November.
Oct. 1, 2014, 7:17 AM
- Babcock & Wilcox (NYSE:BWC) is considering splitting into two publicly traded companies, one focusing on power-generation and the other on government and nuclear operations.
- The company has struggled in recent quarters, with shares falling 18% over the past 12 months. In B&W's second quarter, the power generation segment saw a 31% revenue drop, while revenue from nuclear operations plunged 11%.
- B&W says it will provide more details of the potential separation when it reports Q3 results early next month.
BWC vs. ETF Alternatives
Babcock & Wilcox Co is engaged in power generation systems. Itprovides products & services to customers in the power & other steam-using industries, including electric utilities & other power generators, industrial customers in various other industries.
Other News & PR