Wed, Mar. 25, 8:58 AM
- A consortium that includes Babcock & Wilcox's (NYSE:BWC) Power Generation Group has been awarded a contract by Colorado Springs Utilities to engineer, procure, construct and commission an emissions control project for a power plant in Colorado.
- B&W PGG’s portion of the major capital improvements being implemented at the plant is valued at approximately $40.3M.
- The subsidiary will design, manufacture and construct a spray dryer absorber to control sulfur dioxide emissions for the plant's 208 MW coal-fired unit.
Mon, Mar. 16, 9:44 AM
- Babcock & Wilcox's (BWC -0.1%) Nuclear Fuel Services subsidiary has been awarded contract options for work totaling approximately $169M from the U.S. Department of Energy.
- The work to be completed under the options includes the manufacture and delivery of fuel and support activities for the U.S. Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program, as well as development of material for future Naval Reactors programs.
Thu, Mar. 12, 7:20 AM
- BAE Systems (OTCPK:BAESY) has been awarded £257M to fund final design work on a new class of submarines (Successor) to replace the ageing Vanguard vessels that carry Britain's nuclear deterrent.
- The latest award is part of a wider £285M deal to support the work on the new vessels, with £22M going to Babcock & Wilcox (NYSE:BWC) and £6M to Rolls-Royce (OTCPK:RYCEY), which will build the submarine’s nuclear reactors.
Wed, Mar. 11, 9:06 AM
- B&W's (NYSE:BWC) subsidiary, Vølund, has been awarded contracts totaling more than $220M to design, manufacture and operate a biomass power plant in Rotherham, England.
- The contracts also call for Vølund to provide operations and maintenance services for an initial term of 15 years once the plant is commissioned.
- B&W shares have fallen about 11% in the past 52 weeks.
Thu, Feb. 26, 9:46 AM
- Net income of $68.6M, or $0.64 per share vs. $0.52 per share in the same quarter a year ago.
- Sales by segment: Power Generation +8.9%; Nuclear Operations +17.2%; Technical Services -46.4%; Nuclear Energy -61.3%.
- The company did not give 2015 full-year consolidated EPS guidance due to the planned spin-off of its Power Generation business mid-year.
- Q4 results
Wed, Feb. 25, 4:30 PM| Comment!
Tue, Feb. 24, 5:35 PM
- AEGN, AGO, AMSG, ANIK, AR, AREX, ARI, AVGO, AWR, BLDP, BMRN, BWC, CEMP, CHDN, CHMT, CLUB, CLVS, CRM, CSGP, CWT, CXO, DRYS, DXCM, EAC, EHTH, ELGX, EPAM, ESRT, ESV, FARO, FOE, GMED, GPOR, GXP, HK, IL, KW, LB, LGCY, LHCG, MCHX, MDVN, MELI, MMLP, OAS, ORIG, PGTI, PLKI, PRSS, PVA, RGR, RIG, RIGP, SBY, SFM, STAA, SYNC, TEG, TTEC, WDAY, WLL, WMGI, WPX, WR
Fri, Feb. 20, 10:17 AM
Thu, Feb. 12, 9:14 AM| 1 Comment
Wed, Jan. 28, 10:41 AM
- Babcock & Wilcox's (BWC -0.2%) subsidiary, B&W Vølund, has been awarded contracts by Margam Green Energy for more than $200M to engineer, procure and operate a biomass power plant in Wales.
- The facility will be designed to generate approximately 40 MW of electricity and will be capable of using municipal waste as a fuel source in the future.
Thu, Jan. 22, 9:45 AM
Tue, Jan. 20, 8:45 AM| Comment!
Dec. 22, 2014, 9:49 AM| Comment!
Dec. 16, 2014, 9:39 AM| Comment!
Dec. 1, 2014, 9:33 AM
- Babcock & Wilcox (BWC) Canada has been awarded a long-term master services agreement to provide Bruce Power with nuclear services and components for its commercial nuclear operations in Tiverton, Ontario.
- The contract value is expected to be in the range of $300M.
- B&W Canada will also supply outage services for steam generators and preheaters at all Bruce Power units for the next six-year term.
Nov. 6, 2014, 10:53 AM
- Net income of $61.2 vs. $60.5M in the same quarter a year ago. Adjusted earnings per share were $0.53 vs. $0.57 in the third quarter of 2013.
- The company's Nuclear Operations segment recorded its highest ever Q3 revenue ($297.5M) while maintaining its operating margin. The Nuclear Energy segment reported bookings in excess of $100M.
- Repurchased 1.63M shares of its common stock at a total cost of $50M.
- B&W (BWC +5.5%) also announced the tax-free spin-off of the company's Power Generation business to shareholders. The planned separation of the Power Generation and Government & Nuclear Operations businesses is expected to create two independent, publicly-traded companies.
- The company raised the lower end of the range for adjusted earnings per share FY 2014 to $1.75-$1.85, from a previous range of $1.70-$1.85.
- Q3 results
- Previously: B&W evaluating possible separation
BWC vs. ETF Alternatives
Babcock & Wilcox Co is engaged in power generation systems. Itprovides products & services to customers in the power & other steam-using industries, including electric utilities & other power generators, industrial customers in various other industries.
Other News & PR