Yesterday, 7:48 AM
- Brown Shoes (NYSE:BWS) reports revenue for Brand Portfolio grew 7.9% to $242.3M in Q1.
- Revenue for Famous Footwear declined 1.8% to $360M.
- Famous Footwear same-store sales were up 3.1%.
- Gross margin rate increased 30 bps to 41.3%.
- SG&A expense rate +20 bps to 36.3%.
- Operating margin rate +10 bps to 5%.
- Inventory -2.8% to $498.5M.
- FY2015 Guidance: Net sales: $2.61B to $2.63B; Famous Footwear same-store sales: up low-single digits; Famous Footwear sales: flat; Brand Portfolio sales: up mid-single digits; Gross margin rate: +15 bps; SG&A: less than or equal to 35.4% of sales; Net interest expense: ~$18M; Tax rate: 30% to 33%; Diluted EPS: $1.84 to $1.94; D&A: ~$53M; Capex: ~$75M.
Yesterday, 7:05 AM
Tue, May 26, 5:30 PM
Wed, Mar. 11, 7:52 AM
- Brown Shoes (NYSE:BWS) reports revenue for Famous Footwear was up 0.8% to $369.4M in Q4 and the Brand Portfolio showed a sales gain of 5.4% to $246M.
- Gross margin rate came in flat during the period at 40.2%.
- SG&A expense rate -90 bps to 37.6%.
- Operating earnings +24.7% to $12.7M.
- Previously: Brown Shoe beats by $0.04, misses on revenue
- BWS +4.44% premarket.
Wed, Mar. 11, 7:08 AM
Tue, Mar. 10, 5:30 PM
Nov. 25, 2014, 7:08 AM
Nov. 24, 2014, 5:30 PM
Aug. 27, 2014, 7:30 AM
- Brown Shoe (NYSE:BWS) reports sales rose 1.4% to $393.6M in Q2 for its Famous Footwear brand.
- Gross margin rate -20 bps to 40.8%.
- Operating margin rate +120 bps to 4.9%.
- SG&A expense ratio -130 bps to 35.9%.
- Inventory +6.8% to $657.7M.
- Guidance: Full-year EPS outlook set at $1.50-$1.60 vs. $1.56 consensus.
Aug. 27, 2014, 7:04 AM
Aug. 26, 2014, 5:30 PM
May 28, 2014, 8:06 AM| Comment!
May 28, 2014, 7:09 AM| Comment!
May 27, 2014, 5:30 PM
Mar. 14, 2014, 7:37 AM
- Brown Shoe Company (BWS) reports a 1.8% dip in same-store sales during FQ4 at its Famous Footwear chain. Boot sales were strong while demand for running shoes suffered from the heavy mix of winter weather.
- The company's gross profit rate improved 20 bps to 40.2% during the period.
- Inventory ended the quarter 8.7% higher Y/Y to $504M.
Mar. 14, 2014, 7:05 AM| Comment!
BWS vs. ETF Alternatives
Brown Shoe Co Inc is a footwear retailer and wholesaler. Its activities include the operation of retail shoe stores and e-commerce websites as well as the design, sourcing and marketing of footwear for women and men.
Other News & PR