SA News • Mon, Nov. 3
From other sites
at CNBC.com (Nov 20, 2013)
at MarketWatch.com (Sep 6, 2012)
at MarketWatch.com (Jul 22, 2011)
at MarketWatch.com (Dec 1, 2010)
at MarketWatch.com (Aug 19, 2010)
at MarketWatch.com (Apr 28, 2010)
There are no Transcripts on BWX.
Mon, Nov. 3, 1:45 PM| Comment!
Wed, Oct. 1, 2:58 PM| Comment!
Wed, Jul. 2, 6:37 AM
- Portugal will offer a new 10-year U.S. dollar-denominated government bond, which already has a pre-sale demand above $2B.
- The issuance will be launched in October, and displays Portugal's new financial standing after an exit from its three-year bailout program in May.
- The initial price guidance for the bond is attractive to investors looking for higher yield, and will be priced 265 basis points above Treasurys, at a yield of around 5.20%.
- ETFs: EU, BWX, BNDX, IGOV, DI, LDUR, FWDB
Mon, Jun. 9, 11:46 AM
- The U.S. 10-year Treasury yield of 2.62% is 72 basis points higher than that of the G-7 average, the largest spread since April 2010, according to Bloomberg.
- Earlier this morning, the yield on Spanish 10-year paper fell below that of Treasurys, also for the first time since 2010.
- Trying to come up with a reason other than sheer madness, analysts point to the divergence of monetary policy between the U.S. and Europe, noting the ECB last week cut rates and hinted at QE, while the U.S. is tapering and eyeing rate hikes as soon as mid-2015.
- ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, TBF, EDV, EU, TMF, TTT, BWX, BNDX, ZROZ, SBND, TLH, DLBS, VGLT, UBT, PLW, IGOV, GOVT, TLO, ITLY, TENZ, ITLT, LBND, TYBS, DLBL
Tue, Jan. 7, 4:44 AM
- Ireland's first bond sale since exiting its EU bailout appears set to be a blockbuster, with the government reportedly receiving indications of interest worth €9B for the planned sale of €3B in 10-year debt.
- The demand has caused the yield on existing 10-year paper to drop 8 bps to an eight-year low of 3.27% compared with a peak of 15% in 2011.
- Based on early orders, the new notes will carry interest of 3.55%.
- ETFs: BWX, BNDX, EIRL, IGOV, BWZ, ISHG
Feb. 6, 2013, 5:04 PM
Jul. 25, 2012, 1:05 PMStable or shrinking yield premiums to Treasurys suggest some emerging market sovereign debt is emerging as a safe-haven play. Of note are Mexico, Brazil, and Colombia, but the Philippines and Indonesia are also on the list of those not necessarily selling off every time markets go into "risk off" mode. | Comment!
Apr. 11, 2012, 10:44 AM
Jan. 3, 2012, 5:55 AM
Aug. 5, 2011, 4:53 AM
Aug. 5, 2011, 4:22 AMFurther increases in Italian and Spanish bond yields make a mockery of the ECB's buying of just Irish and Portuguese debt. Italian 10-year bond yields hit more fresh euro-era highs, rising 0.15 percentage point to 6.35%. Those of Spain hit 6.358%. Meanwhile, the yield on gilts touches a record low of 2.59%. | Comment!
Apr. 30, 2011, 8:15 AMTim Geithner and Treasury may not be intentionally holding down the dollar, but that doesn't mean it's poised for any kind of rally. There are still ways to profit from the incredible shrinking greenback, including large-cap heavy exporters, international bonds, gold (of course), and some - not all - foreign currencies. | 2 Comments
Apr. 7, 2011, 5:05 PM
Mar. 24, 2011, 5:53 PMIt looks like the IMF has finally gotten the memo, declaring in a blog post that government bonds are not the risk-free asset they once were. The main implication being that sovereign paper now assumes the characteristics of a credit instrument - the price mainly reflects probability of default. | 9 Comments
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.
BWX vs. ETF Alternatives
The SPDR® Barclays Capital International Treasury Bond ETF is to provide investment results that, before fees and expenses, correspond generally to the price and yield performance of the Barclays Capital Global Treasury ex-US Capped Index. Our approach is designed to provide portfolios with low portfolio turnover, accurate tracking, and lower costs.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio: Seeking Alpha's new ETF Hub
- In Your Portfolio: A Guide to International and Emerging Market Government Bond ETFs
- Asset Class Performance: Bonds
Other News & PR