There are no Focus articles on BYCBF.
There are no Transcripts on BYCBF.
There are no News articles on BYCBF.
Fri, Feb. 14, 7:55 AM
- Cocoa prices continue to march higher as demand in emerging markets starts to strain global capacity.
- A new forecast from the International Cocoa Organization on production suggest prices could be elevated for years.
- Chocolate sellers will pass on some of their commodity costs to consumers, but face a tough pricing environment in many regions.
- What to watch: Companies can use substitutes for cocoa butter, but in many cases will have to relabel products and face the risk of tarnishing their brands.
- Chart: Cocoa futures
- Related stocks: MDLZ, HSY, NSRGY, ADM, BYCBF
- Related ETFs; NIB
Oct. 8, 2013, 7:24 AM
- Cocoa prices set a 23-month high on production worries as an extended rally in the market shows little signs of ending.
- Macquarie estimates cocoa production will fall 173K metric tons below the level of consumption for the new season which just began this month. Heavy rains in Ghana and Ivory Coast are partially to blame.
- Related stocks: MDLZ, HSY, NSRGY.PK, ADM, BYCBF.PK
- Related ETFs: NIB
Oct. 2, 2013, 3:11 AM
- Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) is reportedly close to selling its cocoa business to Cargill in a deal that could be worth up to $2B.
- The divestiture would further strengthen ADM's shift towards the grains industry as it completes its $3B acquisition of GrainCorp. The transaction would also reduce ADM's exposure to the lower profitability that's affecting the cocoa sector.
- The deal would create a global price-setting giant to rival Zurich-based Barry Callebaut (BYCBF.PK), the world's biggest producer of industrial chocolate products. Cargill and Barry Callebaut would account for over 50% of world capacity.
- Food producers that could be affected include MDLZ, HSY, RMCF, KRFT, NSRGY.PK.
- ETF: NIB
Sep. 27, 2013, 7:54 AM| 1 Comment
Sep. 9, 2010, 8:41 AM
Jul. 25, 2010, 10:15 AM
There are no StockTalks on this stock yet.
BYCBF vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR