Thu, Jan. 29, 10:18 AM
- Both PulteGroup (PHM +5.3%) and Ryland (RYL +3.8%) beat earnings estimates, with Ryland's gross margins nicely higher, but Pulte's slimming some.
- Pending home sales unexpectedly cooled in December, but Y/Y comps are starting to get easier, and the 11.7% Y/Y gain was the highest since June 2013.
- ETFs: ITB +2.2%, XHB +1.3%
- Toll Brothers (TOL +3%), Hovnanian (HOV +2.1%), Lennar (LEN +2.9%), D.R. Horton (DHI +3.6%), KB Home (KBH +4.9%), Beazer Homes (BZH +2.9%).
- Previously: PulteGroup edges higher after earnings beat (Jan. 29)
- Previously: Ryland selling prices and margins rise from last year (Jan. 29)
- Previously: Pending home sales unexpectedly drop (Jan. 29)
Wed, Jan. 7, 6:35 AM
Dec. 10, 2014, 3:53 PM
- "Why 2014 was a pause and flat to 2013 and not improving has been a bit puzzling," says Toll Brothers (TOL -7.6%) management on the earnings call.
- Asked about the impact of tumbling energy prices on markets like Dallas and Houston, management says the company's exposure there is small, with Houston accounting for 3.7% of signed contracts.
- Overall, Toll expects the housing recovery to be "bumpy," and that demand will truly return when buyers no longer fear price drops.
- Previously: Toll Brothers slips on FQ4 miss (Dec. 10, 2014)
- It's a different story (at least for the stock price) with Hovanian (HOV +5.9%) after its earning report today. Management: "It's an understatement to say that the past 12 months have been choppy ... Given the gains we've seen in employment, we would have expected stronger home sales."
- Previously: Hovnanian pops as fiscal 2015 starts off strong (Dec. 10, 2014)
- Other builders today: Ryland (RYL -5.1%), Lennar (LEN -5.3%), Beazer (BZH -5.1%), Pulte (PHM -3.5%), KB Home (KBH -5.1%).
- ETFs: ITB -3.4%, XHB -2.5%
Nov. 12, 2014, 5:36 PM
Nov. 12, 2014, 7:56 AM
- FQ4 new home orders of 1,173 down 1.6% Y/Y. Average active community count of 149 up 10.4%. Cancellation rate of 23.4% down 50 bps. Total home closings of 1,695 up 2.3%
- ASP of $295.4K up 12.2%. Homebuilding gross margin excluding items of 22.3% up 90 bps.
- Management expects to hit its "2B-10" objectives - $2B in revenue and a 10% adjusted EBITDA margin leading to $200M in adjusted EBITDA - by the end of 2016. For fiscal 2014, adjusted EBITDA was $133.2M vs. $86.3M in 2013.
- Conference call at 10 ET
- Previously: Beazer Homes EPS of $1.90
- BZH +4.2% premarket
Nov. 12, 2014, 7:16 AM
Nov. 11, 2014, 5:30 PM
Nov. 10, 2014, 8:21 AM
- Beazer Homes (NYSE:BZH) has announced that Brian C. Beazer will step down as Non-Executive Chairman in February 2015, to be succeeded by Stephen P. Zelnak, Jr., a current member of the Beazer Homes Board of Directors.
- Beazer, who served in the role of Non-Executive Chairman since the company’s IPO in 1994, will stand for re-election to the Board of Directors at the company’s annual meeting of stockholders scheduled for February 4, 2015.
Oct. 31, 2014, 5:39 PM
Aug. 15, 2014, 9:47 AM
- Outliers to the upside among the homebuilders in early action are WCI Communities (WCIC +3.2%) and Beazer Homes (BZH +1.9%) after upgrades from Citigroup.
- Ringing the register on its Sell call on Beazer after a 27% YTD decline in the stock, Citi upgrades to Neutral. WCI is boosted to Buy from Neutral
Aug. 14, 2014, 5:35 PM
Aug. 8, 2014, 5:40 PM
Jul. 31, 2014, 6:40 AM
Jul. 30, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AGI, ALKS, ALU, AMRC, APA, ASEI, ATK, AVP, AYR, AZN, BDX, BG, BGCP, BKCC, BLL, BUD, BWA, BZH, CCJ, CDW, CEVA, CHTR, CI, CL, CME, CNSL, COMM, COP, COT, CRCM, CRR, CTCM, CVI, CVRR, DDD, DISCA, DLPH, DTV, ENDP, EPD, EXC, FCH, FCN, FIG, FLY, FRM, GEL, GG, GIL, GLOP, GMT, GNRC, GTLS, H, HGG, HL, HP, HST, IDA, IMN, INCY, IRDM, IRM, ITT, IVZ, K, KMT, LKQ, LLL, LM, MA, MCK, MD, MDP, MNTA, MOD, MOS, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTOR, MWIV, NGD, NI, NJR, NWL, OAK, OCN, ODFL, OXY, PCG, PCRX, PES, PNR, PNW, PPL, PRFT, PWR, Q, RFP, RYL, SBH, SC, SCG, SFY, SHOO, SNAK, SNMX, STC, STRA, STRZA, SUP, SWC, TE, TEVA, TKR, TRP, TWC, UAN, UPL, USAK, VG, VICL, VNTV, VRX, WLT, WWE, XEL, XOM, XRAY
Jul. 25, 2014, 5:37 PM
Jul. 2, 2014, 10:25 AM
- Sterne Agee downgrades Beazer Homes (BZH -1.9%) to Neutral.
- Previously: American Homes 4 Rent purchases Beazer's rental homes unit
BZH vs. ETF Alternatives
Beazer Homes USA Inc is a homebuilder with active operations in 16 states within three geographic regions in the United States: West, East, and Southeast. It designs, sells and builds single-family and multi-family homes.
Other News & PR