Thu, Apr. 23, 10:17 AM
- PulteGroup earlier reported disappointing results which included slimming margins and muted price gains. The stock is lower by 8% in morning action.
- Minutes ago, HUD reported a far larger-than-expected slowdown in new home sales in March - with the South leading the retreat (gotta be the weather?).
- Toll Brothers (TOL -2.3%), Hovnanian (HOV -1.2%), Lennar (LEN -2.1%), Ryland (RYL -3%), D.R. Horton (DHI -3.4%), KB Home (KBH -3.5%), Beazer Homes (BZH -3%), Standard Pacific (SPF -2.8%).
- Previously: PulteGroup -7.8% as Q1 results disappoint (April 23)
- Previously: South leads big decline in new home sales (April 23)
Mon, Feb. 23, 10:51 AM
- Existing home sales fell more than forecast in January, sliding to the lowest seasonally-adjusted annualized rate since April.
- Previously: Treasury yields head south following soft home sales report (Feb. 23)
- Compass Point throws in the towel on its Outperform calls on Standard Pacific (SPF -1.2%) and Beazer Homes (BZH -1.4%), downgrading both to Neutral.
- ETFs: ITB -0.7%, XHB -0.15%
- Toll Brothers (TOL -0.5%), Lennar (LEN -1%), Hovnanian (HOV -2.5%), PulteGroup (PHM -0.7%), Ryland (RYL -1.3%), D.R. Hoton (DHI -0.8%).
Thu, Jan. 29, 10:18 AM
- Both PulteGroup (PHM +5.3%) and Ryland (RYL +3.8%) beat earnings estimates, with Ryland's gross margins nicely higher, but Pulte's slimming some.
- Pending home sales unexpectedly cooled in December, but Y/Y comps are starting to get easier, and the 11.7% Y/Y gain was the highest since June 2013.
- ETFs: ITB +2.2%, XHB +1.3%
- Toll Brothers (TOL +3%), Hovnanian (HOV +2.1%), Lennar (LEN +2.9%), D.R. Horton (DHI +3.6%), KB Home (KBH +4.9%), Beazer Homes (BZH +2.9%).
- Previously: PulteGroup edges higher after earnings beat (Jan. 29)
- Previously: Ryland selling prices and margins rise from last year (Jan. 29)
- Previously: Pending home sales unexpectedly drop (Jan. 29)
Dec. 10, 2014, 3:53 PM
- "Why 2014 was a pause and flat to 2013 and not improving has been a bit puzzling," says Toll Brothers (TOL -7.6%) management on the earnings call.
- Asked about the impact of tumbling energy prices on markets like Dallas and Houston, management says the company's exposure there is small, with Houston accounting for 3.7% of signed contracts.
- Overall, Toll expects the housing recovery to be "bumpy," and that demand will truly return when buyers no longer fear price drops.
- Previously: Toll Brothers slips on FQ4 miss (Dec. 10, 2014)
- It's a different story (at least for the stock price) with Hovanian (HOV +5.9%) after its earning report today. Management: "It's an understatement to say that the past 12 months have been choppy ... Given the gains we've seen in employment, we would have expected stronger home sales."
- Previously: Hovnanian pops as fiscal 2015 starts off strong (Dec. 10, 2014)
- Other builders today: Ryland (RYL -5.1%), Lennar (LEN -5.3%), Beazer (BZH -5.1%), Pulte (PHM -3.5%), KB Home (KBH -5.1%).
- ETFs: ITB -3.4%, XHB -2.5%
Nov. 12, 2014, 5:36 PM
Nov. 12, 2014, 7:56 AM
- FQ4 new home orders of 1,173 down 1.6% Y/Y. Average active community count of 149 up 10.4%. Cancellation rate of 23.4% down 50 bps. Total home closings of 1,695 up 2.3%
- ASP of $295.4K up 12.2%. Homebuilding gross margin excluding items of 22.3% up 90 bps.
- Management expects to hit its "2B-10" objectives - $2B in revenue and a 10% adjusted EBITDA margin leading to $200M in adjusted EBITDA - by the end of 2016. For fiscal 2014, adjusted EBITDA was $133.2M vs. $86.3M in 2013.
- Conference call at 10 ET
- Previously: Beazer Homes EPS of $1.90
- BZH +4.2% premarket
Oct. 31, 2014, 5:39 PM
Aug. 15, 2014, 9:47 AM
- Outliers to the upside among the homebuilders in early action are WCI Communities (WCIC +3.2%) and Beazer Homes (BZH +1.9%) after upgrades from Citigroup.
- Ringing the register on its Sell call on Beazer after a 27% YTD decline in the stock, Citi upgrades to Neutral. WCI is boosted to Buy from Neutral
Aug. 14, 2014, 5:35 PM
Aug. 8, 2014, 5:40 PM
Jul. 25, 2014, 5:37 PM
Jul. 2, 2014, 10:25 AM
- Sterne Agee downgrades Beazer Homes (BZH -1.9%) to Neutral.
- Previously: American Homes 4 Rent purchases Beazer's rental homes unit
Jun. 27, 2014, 5:36 PM
May 30, 2014, 5:36 PM
May 28, 2014, 3:01 PM
- Jay McCanless and Annie Worthman at Sterne Agee say without the benefit of a lower tax rate other non-operating boosts, Toll Brothers (TOL +2.1%) would have missed the team's EPS estimate of $0.31 per share. They continue to rate the stock an Underperform with $28 price target.
- The bullish team at MKM Partners note Toll "essentially raised" guidance by boosting the low end of its average expected sale price this year to $690K from $675K. "Given the company’s long build cycle, we suspect that the higher guidance is likely more of a statement on the anticipated mix of closings rather than a signal that prices are being raised more aggressively."
- Amid the big gain by Toll and sharply lower interest rates, some other builders: Hovnanian (HOV +1.7%), Beazer Homes (BZH +1.4%), KB Home (KBH +0.8%), Lennar (LEN +0.2%), PulteGroup (PHM), D.R. Horton (DHI +1.2%).
- ETFs: XHB, ITB, PKB
- Previously: High home prices boost Toll results
- Previously: Toll Brothers beats by $0.09, beats on revenue
May 2, 2014, 9:43 AM
- Beazer Homes (BZH +2.2%) tacks a bit more onto yesterday's big post-earnings gain as Compass Point's Wilkes Graham upgrades to a Buy with $25 price target. He notes the stock is still down 20% YTD after Thursday's 4%+ gain despite continued solid progress on its "2B-10" plan - $2B in sales and 10% EBITDA margins.
- "With BZH currently trading well under book (73% of our 2015 tangible book estimate of $27.08, including about $13/share in DTA), we believe the stock is very cheap relative to its peers and warrants investor attention."
BZH vs. ETF Alternatives
Beazer Homes USA Inc is a homebuilder with active operations in 16 states within three geographic regions in the United States: West, East, and Southeast. It designs, sells and builds single-family and multi-family homes.
Other News & PR