Quote & Headlines
5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are no Focus articles on CABGY.
To learn more about Seeking Alpha PRO, click here.
There are no News articles on CABGY.
CABGY vs. ETF Alternatives
Friday, Dec 67:50 AMCarlsberg makes strong play in China|Friday, Dec 67:50 AM| Comment!
Tuesday, Nov 127:52 AMCarlsberg's China plans in focus
Tuesday, Nov 127:52 AM| Comment!
- Carlsberg (CABGY) won't comment on yesterday's scoop from Bloomberg that indicates the brewer wants to buy Tsingtao or Beijing Yanjing to become a major force in China.
- The company is already in the process of raising its stake in Chongqing Brewery, but if it nabs either Tsingtao or Beijing Yanjing it would instantly claim double-digit market share in the region.
Monday, Nov 114:09 PMCarlsberg eyes big acquisition in China|Monday, Nov 114:09 PM| 1 Comment
Wednesday, Aug 213:29 AMCarlsberg Q2 net profit -38% to 2.07B kroner
Wednesday, Aug 213:29 AM| Comment!
- Carlsberg (CABGY.PK) Q2 net profit -38% to 2.07B ($370M) Danish kroner, missing consensus of 2.15B kroner.
- Revenues rise to 19.6B kroner from 19.3B kroner, meeting expectations.
- EBIT -1% to 3.44B Danish kroner and slightly misses forecasts of 3.47B kroner.
- Carlsberg reiterates its full-year earnings guidance for adjusted operating profit of 10B kroner and for adjusted net profit growth in the mid-single digits.
- However, the firm cuts its forecast for the Russian market, where it's the largest beermaker but where the economy is slowing and the government is attempting to reduce alcohol consumption. (PR)
Monday, Feb 184:54 AMCarlsberg (CABGY.PK): swings to Q4 net profit of 192M kroner ($34.4M) from a loss of DKK85M last year. Revenues +7.2% to 15.93B kroner, slightly above estimates. Expects market dynamics this year to be similar to 2012, when Western Europe in particular was challenging - sales fell 1%-2%. Will make its European ops more efficient while looking for growth in Asia. Shares -4.4% in Copenhagen. (PR) |Monday, Feb 184:54 AM| Comment!