Fri, Feb. 13, 5:36 PM
Thu, Feb. 12, 4:30 PM
Dec. 18, 2014, 8:15 AM
- ConAgra Foods (NYSE:CAG) reports Consumer Food segment sales fell 1.9% to $1.98B in FQ2.
- Commercial Foods segment sales were up 1.9% to $1.12B.
- Private brands segment sales dropped 4.8% to $1.05B.
- Gross margin rate declined 133 bps to 21.41%.
- Segment profit: Consumer Foods: $301.7M (+5.5%); Commercial Foods: $148.1M (+16.0%); Private brands: -$202.3M.
- FY2015 Guidance: Adjusted EPS: mid-single digit rate growth Y/Y; Operating cash flow: $1.6B to $1.7B; Debt: reduce by $1.0B.
- CAG -0.27% premarket
Oct. 9, 2014, 10:58 AM
- Consumer staples stocks continue to persevere amid a broad market decline.
- The Consumer Staples Select ETF (NYSEARCA:XLP) is +1.9% over the last 5 days vs. the -1.3% showing of the S&P 500 ETF.
- Today, PepsiCo (PEP +1.5%) is doing some of the heavy lifting following its Q3 earnings report - while a number of meat stocks are also contributing including Pilgrim's Pride (PPC +1.3%), ConAgra Foods (CAG +1.8%), Hormel (HRL +0.7%), Seneca Foods Corp. (SENEA +0.7%), Diamond Foods (DMND +1.1%), Tyson Foods (TSN), and Sanderson Farms (SAFM +0.7%) .
Sep. 24, 2014, 11:01 AM
- Food stocks are topping market averages as investors shift to a more defensive stance.
- The sector is also getting a look with grain, corn, meat, and rice prices moderating on improved global supplies.
- On the move: Post Holdings (NYSE:POST) +2.0%, Dean Foods (NYSE:DF) +1.0%, Sanderson Farms (NASDAQ:SAFM) +1.7%, Diamond Foods (NASDAQ:DMND) +1.5%, Flower Foods (NYSE:FLO) +1.3%, Hain Celestial (NASDAQ:HAIN) +1.6%, General Mills (NYSE:GIS) +0.7%, ConAgra (NYSE:CAG) +1.1%, Kraft Foods (NASDAQ:KRFT) +1.0%, Tyson Foods (NYSE:TSN) +1.5%, Seaboard (NYSEMKT:SEB) +2.7%.
Sep. 18, 2014, 9:06 AM
Jun. 19, 2014, 7:39 AM
Jun. 18, 2014, 12:45 PM
Jun. 18, 2014, 9:07 AM| 3 Comments
Jun. 18, 2014, 8:13 AM| 1 Comment
May. 27, 2014, 7:28 AM
- A $6.4B offer by Pilgrim Pride's (PPC) to buy Hillshire Brands (HSH) could rattle the food sector.
- For starters, the deal could spoil Hillshire's offer on the table to buy Pinnacle Foods (PF).
- The quick analyst take on a PPC-HSH combination is favorable with the companies focused in different areas (chicken vs. packaged meat) which could lead to easy access to new distribution channels.
- Premarket: HSH +22.9% to $45.49, PF -5.3% to $31.50.
- Also on merger watch in the food sector: THS, SJM, GIS, KRFT, CPB, ADM, BGS, RAH, HAIN, K CAG
Feb. 11, 2014, 9:10 AM
Feb. 11, 2014, 8:34 AM
Dec. 11, 2013, 5:38 PM
Nov. 12, 2013, 9:59 AM
- Margin worries at Dean Foods (DF -7.6%) is affecting sentiment over a number of other packaged foods companies in early trading.
- Though the company warned specifically on the dairy commodity environment, its drop in guidance on Q4 "challenges" looks a bit broader.
- Underperformers: KRFT -0.7%, SJM -1.0%, HAIN -1.0%, CAG -0.5%, CPB -1.0%, TSN -0.6%.
Sep. 19, 2013, 12:01 PM
- Food stocks are out of favor after ConAgra (CAG -3.9%) disappoints with its FQ1 report and General Mills (GIS -2.8%) is downgraded by Wells Fargo.
- A general theme is emerging out of the sector that consumers in the U.S. are trading down from higher prices.
- Decliners: Kraft Foods (KRFT) -2.8%, J.M. Smucker (SJM) -1.1%, TreeHouse Foods (THS) -2.6%, Pinnacle Foods (PF) -1.7%, B&G Foods (BGS) -1.0%.
- Related ETFs: PBJ
CAG vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR