Wed, May 27, 7:48 AM
- Brown Shoes (NYSE:BWS) reports revenue for Brand Portfolio grew 7.9% to $242.3M in Q1.
- Revenue for Famous Footwear declined 1.8% to $360M.
- Famous Footwear same-store sales were up 3.1%.
- Gross margin rate increased 30 bps to 41.3%.
- SG&A expense rate +20 bps to 36.3%.
- Operating margin rate +10 bps to 5%.
- Inventory -2.8% to $498.5M.
- FY2015 Guidance: Net sales: $2.61B to $2.63B; Famous Footwear same-store sales: up low-single digits; Famous Footwear sales: flat; Brand Portfolio sales: up mid-single digits; Gross margin rate: +15 bps; SG&A: less than or equal to 35.4% of sales; Net interest expense: ~$18M; Tax rate: 30% to 33%; Diluted EPS: $1.84 to $1.94; D&A: ~$53M; Capex: ~$75M.
Tue, Mar. 17, 11:31 AM
- Shoe stocks are higher after DSW impresses with its quarterly report and Foot Locker is tapped for more gains.
- The sector has outperformed broad retail this year buoyed by strong demand for athletic shoes.
- Previously: DSW +7% after impressive comp (Mar. 17 2015)
- Previously: Foot Locker investment seen as a safer Nike bet (Mar. 17 2015)
- Gainers: DSW +4.1%, Brown Shoe (NYSE:BWS) +3.1%, Steven Madden (NASDAQ:SHOO) +1.9%, Finish Line (NASDAQ:FINL) +1.1%, Foot Locker (NYSE:FL) +1.1%, Shoe Carnival (NASDAQ:SCVL) +1.1%.
Wed, Mar. 11, 7:52 AM
- Brown Shoes (NYSE:BWS) reports revenue for Famous Footwear was up 0.8% to $369.4M in Q4 and the Brand Portfolio showed a sales gain of 5.4% to $246M.
- Gross margin rate came in flat during the period at 40.2%.
- SG&A expense rate -90 bps to 37.6%.
- Operating earnings +24.7% to $12.7M.
- Previously: Brown Shoe beats by $0.04, misses on revenue
- BWS +4.44% premarket.
Nov. 25, 2014, 10:22 AM| Comment!
Aug. 22, 2013, 2:07 PM
Jun. 28, 2013, 3:25 PMIt's a pretty good day to be long shoe stocks after reports from Nike (NKE +2.4%) and Finish Line (FINL +4.2%) set the tone early and analysts jump on the bandwagon with positive comments on the sector: Advancers: Foot Locker (FL) +2.9%, Deckers Outdoor (DECK) +3.0%, Wolverine Worldwide (WWW) +2.2%, Crocs (CROX) +2.2%, Shoe Carnival (SCHL) +1.3%, Brown Shoe (BWS) +1.6%. | 2 Comments
May 29, 2013, 1:23 PMBrown Shoe Co. (BWS +12.1%) is a winner today after reporting Q1 earnings that beat estimates. From the report: Gross margin expands 160 basis points Y/Y and adjusted EPS rises 37.7%. Comps growth comes in at +1.1% for the period (+14.2% in April, after "uncooperative weather" dissipated). The company raises its FY13 EPS guidance to $1.22-1.29 versus consensus of $1.23. (PR) | Comment!
May 29, 2013, 12:45 PM
Apr. 11, 2013, 12:11 PMBrown Shoe Company (BWS +5.7%) gets a nice bump as Brean Capital initiates with a Buy. It's a "compelling turnaround story," says analyst Danielle McCoy. On its latest call, the company's CEO Diane Sullivan noted that BWS has "followed through and delivered on strategic initiatives [and is now] a slightly smaller but leaner and more profitable company." | Comment!
Nov. 20, 2012, 9:58 AM
Aug. 28, 2012, 8:54 AM
Aug. 28, 2012, 7:21 AMMore on Brown Shoe (BWS): Revenue at Famous Footwear up 1.6% to $350.3M. Gross margin increased 140 bps to 39.0%, with SG&A expenses trending lower by 120 bps. Closed or relocated 26 stores and added 14 new stores during period. Adjusts its 2012 EPS outlook to $0.85-$0.95 vs. $0.83-$0.95 previous and $0.89 consensus. Shares +6.5% premarket. (PR) | Comment!
Jun. 18, 2012, 10:00 AM
May 18, 2012, 9:47 AM
Mar. 7, 2012, 11:16 AM
Aug. 26, 2011, 11:47 AMFootwear retailer Brown Shoe Co. (BWS +17.5%) is recovering from yesterday's 14% decline, which followed a weak Q2 report. With 23.7% of Brown Shoe's float short as of Aug. 15, short-covering is likely having an impact. As might enthusiasm over the $55M sale of Brown Shoe's AND 1 subsidiary, which will reduce the company's huge debt burden. | Comment!
CAL vs. ETF Alternatives
Caleres Incis a footwear retailer and wholesaler. Its activities include the operation of retail shoe stores and e-commerce websites as well as the design, sourcing and marketing of footwear for women and men.
Other News & PR