Mon, May 11, 4:39 PM
- MagicJack VocalTec (NASDAQ:CALL) jumped 9% in after-hours trading after Q1 EPS of $0.31 beat expectations for $0.23.
- Revenues that declined 28% missed consensus expectations, however ($25.5M revenues vs. $26.2M expected). EBITDA was $8M vs. an expected $7M.
- Revenues from the sale of devices were $3.4M; access rights renewal revenues were $17.1M. Prepaid minute revenues were $2.2M; access and wholesale charges, $1.4M.
- The company reported 2.7M active subscribers at quarter's end, after activating 196K subscribers in Q1. Average monthly churn of 3.1%.
- Cash and equivalents increased to $82.9M against no debt; free cash flow stood at $7M in Q1.
- Conference call at 5 p.m. ET.
- Press Release
Mon, May 11, 4:08 PM| Comment!
Sun, May 10, 5:35 PM
- AMBC, APEI, ARCW, ARNA, ASEI, ATHX, BDE, CALL, CHMI, CLNE, CYTX, DEPO, DRYS, DTSI, EAC, ELON, FF, FMC, FMI, FTEK, FXEN, GBDC, GTY, HALO, HI, IPAR, IPXL, JUNO, LPSN, MBI, MCC, MDR, MNTX, MODN, MR, MTZ, MVNR, OME, OMER, ONTY, OPK, ORIG, PAAS, PEIX, PINC, PVA, RAX, REN, SCLN, SF, SFXE, TCRD, TEP, TRQ, TTEC, UNXL, VRTU, XON, YY, ZGNX
Mon, Mar. 16, 5:04 PM
- Cloud-based telecom MagicJack VocalTec (NASDAQ:CALL) is off 3.1% after hours as it posts a Q4 report where revenues missed expectations and fell almost by a third from the prior year.
- Adjusted EBITDA of $6.8M was up 66% and beat an expected $5.1M.
- "While our fourth quarter results were slightly lower than expected, the company more than doubled the number of active magicJackGO subscribers and generated solid adjusted EBITDA," said CEO Gerald Vento.
- Net revenues from device sales were $3M; access rights renewal revenues were $17.2M; prepaid minute revenues were $2.1M; access and wholesale charges, $2.1M.
- The company activated 169K subscribers in Q4; average monthly churn was 3.3%.
- The company announced a new $20M buyback program
- Conference call started getting under way at 5 p.m. ET.
- Press release
Mon, Mar. 16, 4:38 PM| 2 Comments
Sun, Mar. 15, 5:35 PM
Nov. 10, 2014, 4:54 PM
- In spite of growing marketing spend, magicJack (NASDAQ:CALL) had an estimated 2.86M active VoIP subscribers at the end of Q3, nearly flat with the 2.9M it had at the end of Q2 and down from the 3.1M it had at the end of Q1. Monthly average churn was 3.1%.
- Also: Monthly active unique users for magicJack's free VoIP calling apps were flat Q/Q at 3.4M.
- While revenue fell 27% Y/Y, GAAP opex rose 60% to $17.1M, thanks in part to a 117% increase in marketing spend to $6.2M. Free cash flow was $3.2M.
- magicJack ended Q3 with $75.2M in cash, and no debt. After accounting for the AH plunge, its market cap is now at $153M.
- Q3 results, PR
Nov. 10, 2014, 4:07 PM| Comment!
Nov. 9, 2014, 5:35 PM
Aug. 11, 2014, 5:15 PM
- magicJack (NASDAQ:CALL) saw a 200K Q/Q drop in active magicJack VoIP service subscribers in Q2 to 2.9M. Average monthly churn was 3.1%, down from Q1's 3.3%. Activations fell to 165K from 196K.
- Notably, no guided is provided in the company's earnings release. magicJack guided in its Q1 report for 2014 revenue of $158M-$163M; consensus is currently at $147.5M.
- Monthly active users for magicJack's VoIP mobile apps totaled 3.4M at the end of Q2. The company previously announced registered users (not the same as active users) totaled 8.4M at the end of Q1.
- GAAP opex rose 31% Y/Y to $14.7M, thanks in part to a 70% increase in marketing spend to $4.7M.
- magicJack had $72M in cash at the end of Q2 - a figure nearly equal to 1/3 of its market cap - and no debt.
- CALL -3.5% AH. Q2 results, PR.
Aug. 11, 2014, 4:12 PM| 3 Comments
Aug. 10, 2014, 5:35 PM
May 12, 2014, 4:47 PM
- magicJack (CALL) is reiterating guidance for 2014 revenue of $158M-$163M (above a $157.5M consensus) and adjusted EBITDA of $48M-$52M.
- Registered users for magicJack's VoIP calling apps rose 21% Q/Q in Q1 to 8.4M. But active magicJack subscribers fell by 100K to 3.1M, with sub activations declining by 20K to 196K. Average monthly churn was at 3.3%.
- Gross margin fell to 63.2% from 63.9% in Q4 and 69.6% a year ago. A 53% Y/Y increase in ad spend to $4.3M helped fuel a 39% increase in opex to $14.7M.
- Access right renewal revenue rose 4% Q/Q to $15.4M (44% of revenue), and device sales totaled $12M. Free cash flow was $12.8M, +102% Y/Y and above net income of $9.4M.
- Q1 results, PR
May 12, 2014, 4:11 PM| 1 Comment
May 11, 2014, 5:35 PM
Mar. 12, 2014, 5:04 PM
- magicJack (CALL) expects 2014 revenue of $158M-$163M, well above a $147.2M consensus. Adjusted EBITDA, pressured by a marketing spend ramp, is expected to fall to $48M-$52M from a 2013 level of $58.2M.
- Active magicJack subscribers fell by 100K Q/Q in Q4 to 3.2M. 216K subs were activated, down from 273.5K in Q3. However, registered users of magicJack's free calling app rose 23% Q/Q to 6.9M.
- $13M was spent to repurchase 1.06M shares at an average price of $12.24. Opex rose 29% Y/Y to $14.5M, with R&D spend nearly tripling $2M.
- With a full 40% of the float shorted as of Feb. 28, a short-squeeze is in play. Whitney Tilson definitely wouldn't mind.
- Q4 results, PR
CALL vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR