Thu, Apr. 9, 7:05 AM
- Cal-Maine Foods (NASDAQ:CALM) announces it created a new joint venture with Rose Acre Farms for egg production.
- The new cage-free facility will have the capability to house up to 2.9M birds, although the company's current plans call for initial capacity of 1.8M laying hens.
- The egg farm will be located in Bogata, Texas.
Mon, Mar. 30, 9:18 AM
- Cal-Maine Foods (NASDAQ:CALM) reports egg sales rose 5.24% Y/Y to 283.03M in FQ3.
- Specialty egg volumes increased 22.6% Y/Y.
- Average price +6.14% to $1.50 per dozen.
- Specialty-egg sales accounted for 26.9% of total revenue, up 320 bps from a year ago.
- Gross margin rate +248 bps to 25.71%.
- Operating margin rate grew 468 bps to 16.46%.
- CALM -0.20% premarket.
Mon, Mar. 30, 6:33 AM
Sun, Mar. 29, 5:30 PM
Wed, Mar. 25, 10:09 AM
- There's more food stocks getting a push from speculation stirred up by the Heinz-Kraft merger.
- Lifeway Foods (LWAY +1.3%), Sanderson Farms (SAFM +1.1%), Cal-Maine Foods (CALM +3.9%), Post Holdings (POST +2%), Pilgrim's Pride (PPC +0.7%), J&J Snack Foods (JJSF +0.9%), and Treehouse Foods (THS +1.1%) are all ahead of major indexes.
- The food stock buying spree has been enough to lift the S&P Consumer Staples ETF (NYSEARCA:XLP) +0.8% on a down market day.
- More action with food stocks: 1) Food sector on watch after mega-merger announced, 2) M&A food bets being laid out after Heinz-Kraft merger.
Thu, Jan. 15, 10:02 AM
- Food stocks are trading higher after a read on producer prices comes in below expectations.
- A dive into the report shows the foods/feeds category experienced a 0.8% decline in December.
- Pilgrim's Pride (PPC +4.4%)is leading the sector, boosted by the announcement of a special dividend.
- Gainers: Kraft Foods Group (NASDAQ:KRFT) +2.5%, Sanderson Farms (NASDAQ:SAFM) +2.3%, Amira Nature Foods (NYSE:ANFI) +2.0%, Pinnacle Foods (NYSE:PF) +1.0%, Cal-Maine Foods (NASDAQ:CALM) +1.0%.
Dec. 23, 2014, 4:06 PM
Dec. 22, 2014, 5:35 PM
Dec. 17, 2014, 10:33 AM
- Cal-Maine Foods (CALM +7.9%) rallies after being upgraded by Sidoti to a Buy rating from Neutral.
- The investment firm has changed its rating three times on CALM since July, with shares typically tilting with the Sidoti wind.
- Cal-Maine Foods reports FQ2 earnings on December 23. Egg pricing during the quarter will be a focus.
Nov. 17, 2014, 12:03 PM
- Tyson Foods (TSN +4.8%) saw strong pricing in beef and pork help boost its bottom line in FQ4.
- Though a consumer trade-down to chicken could shift the mix over the next quarter, the company thinks sales to restaurants will improve.
- Other meat stocks are also gaining off the strong read from Tyson.
- Gainers: Hormel (NYSE:HRL) +0.7%, Sanderson Farms (NASDAQ:SAFM) +0.9%, Pilgrim's Pride (NASDAQ:PPC) +1.3%, Cal-Maine Foods (NASDAQ:CALM) +1.1%.
Oct. 13, 2014, 10:13 AM
Oct. 3, 2014, 4:19 PM
Sep. 29, 2014, 7:40 AM
Sep. 29, 2014, 6:31 AM
Sep. 28, 2014, 5:30 PM
Sep. 12, 2014, 9:40 AM
CALM vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR