Mon, May 11, 10:34 AM
- Shares of Cal-Maine Foods (NASDAQ:CALM) are up 11.3% on heavy volume in a rally that could be spurred by some burning of shorts.
- Though short interest has build up in Cal-Maine since last fall, the stock has held up and sits close to its 52-week high.
- Cal-Maine showed margin improvement with its last quarterly report.
- Previously: More on Cal-Main Foods' FQ3 (Mar. 30 2015)
Tue, Apr. 28, 12:45 PM
Mon, Mar. 30, 9:18 AM
- Cal-Maine Foods (NASDAQ:CALM) reports egg sales rose 5.24% Y/Y to 283.03M in FQ3.
- Specialty egg volumes increased 22.6% Y/Y.
- Average price +6.14% to $1.50 per dozen.
- Specialty-egg sales accounted for 26.9% of total revenue, up 320 bps from a year ago.
- Gross margin rate +248 bps to 25.71%.
- Operating margin rate grew 468 bps to 16.46%.
- CALM -0.20% premarket.
Wed, Mar. 25, 10:09 AM
- There's more food stocks getting a push from speculation stirred up by the Heinz-Kraft merger.
- Lifeway Foods (LWAY +1.3%), Sanderson Farms (SAFM +1.1%), Cal-Maine Foods (CALM +3.9%), Post Holdings (POST +2%), Pilgrim's Pride (PPC +0.7%), J&J Snack Foods (JJSF +0.9%), and Treehouse Foods (THS +1.1%) are all ahead of major indexes.
- The food stock buying spree has been enough to lift the S&P Consumer Staples ETF (NYSEARCA:XLP) +0.8% on a down market day.
- More action with food stocks: 1) Food sector on watch after mega-merger announced, 2) M&A food bets being laid out after Heinz-Kraft merger.
Thu, Jan. 15, 10:02 AM
- Food stocks are trading higher after a read on producer prices comes in below expectations.
- A dive into the report shows the foods/feeds category experienced a 0.8% decline in December.
- Pilgrim's Pride (PPC +4.4%)is leading the sector, boosted by the announcement of a special dividend.
- Gainers: Kraft Foods Group (NASDAQ:KRFT) +2.5%, Sanderson Farms (NASDAQ:SAFM) +2.3%, Amira Nature Foods (NYSE:ANFI) +2.0%, Pinnacle Foods (NYSE:PF) +1.0%, Cal-Maine Foods (NASDAQ:CALM) +1.0%.
Dec. 17, 2014, 10:33 AM
- Cal-Maine Foods (CALM +7.9%) rallies after being upgraded by Sidoti to a Buy rating from Neutral.
- The investment firm has changed its rating three times on CALM since July, with shares typically tilting with the Sidoti wind.
- Cal-Maine Foods reports FQ2 earnings on December 23. Egg pricing during the quarter will be a focus.
Oct. 13, 2014, 10:13 AM
Sep. 12, 2014, 9:40 AM
Dec. 31, 2012, 12:45 PM
Dec. 31, 2012, 12:11 PMShares of Cal-Maine Foods (CALM -10.2%) are getting hit today after its FQ2 bottom line missed estimates this morning. Net earnings fell 39% Y/Y as higher feed costs and acquisition expenses offset higher prices for fresh-shell eggs. The company also noted that feed costs are likely to remain high and volatile for the remainder of fiscal 2013, which will put further pressure on margins over the near term. | Comment!
Jul. 30, 2012, 4:02 PMCal-Maine Foods (CALM +4%) moves higher into the close after beating FQ4 estimates earlier today. Net income soared as a large gain from a new venture in the specialty-egg market more than offset the higher operating costs. The company noted cautiously however that feed costs are going to continue to rise over the near term due to the severe drought and damage to the national corn crop. | 1 Comment
Dec. 27, 2011, 10:44 AM
Sep. 26, 2011, 10:58 AMCal-Maine Foods (CALM -1.3%)) FQ1 beat on revenues but missed EPS estimates as higher feed costs dug into margins. The company also notes that feed costs are likely to remain very high and volatile for the year ahead as well. Separately, its Founder and Chairman Fred Adams Jr. suffered a mild stroke while attending an industry event on Friday. | Comment!
CALM vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR