Mon, Sep. 28, 7:03 AM
- Cal-Maine Foods (NASDAQ:CALM) reports sales rose 70.9% as the average selling price for shell eggs grew to the record levels of 65.7% to $2.243 per dozen.
- Egg sales rose 2.8% Y/Y to 258.774M.
- Specialty-egg sales accounted for 27.1% of total revenue, down 270 bps Y/Y.
- Gross margin rate improved drastically 2041 bps to 43.13% due to egg prices.
- Operating margin rate increased 2456 bps to 36.09%.
- FQ1 results
Mon, Aug. 31, 9:55 AM
Mon, Jul. 27, 2:57 PM
- Shares of Cal-Maine Foods (CALM +5.1%) are higher on solid volume to now stand above where they stood before the company's Q2 earnings report prompted some selling pressure.
- Cal-Maine remains well-positioned to benefit from higher egg prices and is set to increase production of specialty eggs through a partnership with Rose Acre Farms.
- Previously: More on Cal-Main Foods' FQ4 (Jul. 20 2015)
- Previously: Cal-Maine Foods -11% early after missing high-flying expectations (Jul. 20 2015)
Mon, Jul. 20, 9:14 AM
Mon, Jul. 20, 8:24 AM
- Shares of Cal-Maine Foods (NASDAQ:CALM) slide in early trading after the company missed profit estimates.
- Cal-Maine's increase in average selling price of 2.6% was lower than some expectations.
- Execs noted that egg prices have moved "significantly higher" in recent months in a trend which bodes well for FQ1.
- CALM -10.89% premarket to $48.02 to cut into the stock's formidable 2015 run.
Mon, Jul. 20, 6:58 AM| Mon, Jul. 20, 6:58 AM | Comment!
Thu, Jun. 4, 3:08 PM| Thu, Jun. 4, 3:08 PM | 1 Comment
Mon, May 11, 10:34 AM
- Shares of Cal-Maine Foods (NASDAQ:CALM) are up 11.3% on heavy volume in a rally that could be spurred by some burning of shorts.
- Though short interest has build up in Cal-Maine since last fall, the stock has held up and sits close to its 52-week high.
- Cal-Maine showed margin improvement with its last quarterly report.
- Previously: More on Cal-Main Foods' FQ3 (Mar. 30 2015)
Tue, Apr. 28, 12:45 PM
Mon, Mar. 30, 9:18 AM
- Cal-Maine Foods (NASDAQ:CALM) reports egg sales rose 5.24% Y/Y to 283.03M in FQ3.
- Specialty egg volumes increased 22.6% Y/Y.
- Average price +6.14% to $1.50 per dozen.
- Specialty-egg sales accounted for 26.9% of total revenue, up 320 bps from a year ago.
- Gross margin rate +248 bps to 25.71%.
- Operating margin rate grew 468 bps to 16.46%.
- CALM -0.20% premarket.
Wed, Mar. 25, 10:09 AM
- There's more food stocks getting a push from speculation stirred up by the Heinz-Kraft merger.
- Lifeway Foods (LWAY +1.3%), Sanderson Farms (SAFM +1.1%), Cal-Maine Foods (CALM +3.9%), Post Holdings (POST +2%), Pilgrim's Pride (PPC +0.7%), J&J Snack Foods (JJSF +0.9%), and Treehouse Foods (THS +1.1%) are all ahead of major indexes.
- The food stock buying spree has been enough to lift the S&P Consumer Staples ETF (NYSEARCA:XLP) +0.8% on a down market day.
- More action with food stocks: 1) Food sector on watch after mega-merger announced, 2) M&A food bets being laid out after Heinz-Kraft merger.
Thu, Jan. 15, 10:02 AM
- Food stocks are trading higher after a read on producer prices comes in below expectations.
- A dive into the report shows the foods/feeds category experienced a 0.8% decline in December.
- Pilgrim's Pride (PPC +4.4%)is leading the sector, boosted by the announcement of a special dividend.
- Gainers: Kraft Foods Group (NASDAQ:KRFT) +2.5%, Sanderson Farms (NASDAQ:SAFM) +2.3%, Amira Nature Foods (NYSE:ANFI) +2.0%, Pinnacle Foods (NYSE:PF) +1.0%, Cal-Maine Foods (NASDAQ:CALM) +1.0%.
Dec. 17, 2014, 10:33 AM
- Cal-Maine Foods (CALM +7.9%) rallies after being upgraded by Sidoti to a Buy rating from Neutral.
- The investment firm has changed its rating three times on CALM since July, with shares typically tilting with the Sidoti wind.
- Cal-Maine Foods reports FQ2 earnings on December 23. Egg pricing during the quarter will be a focus.
Oct. 13, 2014, 10:13 AM
Sep. 12, 2014, 9:40 AM
Dec. 31, 2012, 12:45 PM
CALM vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR