Tue, Jan. 6, 12:07 PM
- M2M connectivity hardware/service providers Sierra Wireless (SWIR -8%) and CalAmp (CAMP -6.5%) are posting steep losses on a day the Nasdaq is down 1.5%. On the other hand, smaller hardware peer Novatel (MIFI +7.6%) is adding to yesterday's gains in a big way.
- Northland downgraded Sierra last Friday in response to its huge 2014 gains, albeit while belatedly hiking its target and estimates. Going into today, Novatel sported a 2015E EV/sales ratio roughly 1/3 of Sierra's.
- Machina Research recently provided a set of 2015 M2M/IoT predictions. Among them: Enterprise deployments and M&A activity will ramp; regulators will take a closer look at the market; connected car adoption will grow; and mobile phones will increasingly act as gateway devices for interacting with IoT hardware.
Dec. 24, 2014, 12:44 PM
Dec. 23, 2014, 5:35 PM
Dec. 23, 2014, 4:25 PM
- CalAmp (NASDAQ:CAMP) expects FQ4 revenue of $66M-$70M, below a $71.1M consensus. EPS guidance of $0.26-$0.30 is in-line with a $0.28 consensus.
- FQ3 wireless datacom revenue +10% Y/Y to $54.6M; it was up 11% in FQ2. Satellite revenue -37% to $8.6M; it fell 23% in FQ2. CalAmp notes "specialized telematics device shipments to a key OEM customer in the heavy equipment industry" lifted wireless sales.
- Wireless datacom revenue is expected to be up Q/Q and Y/Y in FQ4, while satellite revenue is expected to fall to $8M.
- Gross margin +40 bps Q/Q and +190 bps Y/Y to 35%. Opex +4% Y/Y to $15.6M. CalAmp ended the quarter with $40M in cash/marketable securities (up $3.2M Q/Q), and no debt.
- FQ3 results, PR
Dec. 23, 2014, 4:02 PM
Dec. 22, 2014, 5:35 PM
Nov. 6, 2014, 11:24 AM
- Sierra Wireless' Q3 beat and strong Q4 guidance is providing a lift to fell 3G/4G hotspot router and M2M hardware provider Novatel Wireless (MIFI +6.2%), as well as M2M vendor CalAmp (CAMP +3.9%).
- Novatel reports after the bell. CalAmp jumped a month ago after posting an FQ2 beat and in-line guidance.
Oct. 7, 2014, 12:45 PM
Oct. 6, 2014, 5:36 PM
Oct. 6, 2014, 4:17 PM
- CalAmp (NASDAQ:CAMP) expects FQ3 revenue of $61M-$65M and EPS of $0.21-$0.25, mostly below a consensus of $65.2M and $0.24. However, FY15 (ends Feb. '15) guidance is for revenue of $250M-$255M and EPS of $0.88-$0.94, in-line with a consensus of $253M and $0.91.
- FQ2 wireless datacom revenue +11% Y/Y to $50.2M. Satellite revenue (expected to be weak) -23% to $9M. Strong sales to energy clients provided a lift, as did demand for mobile resource management (MRM) products and the resumption of shipments to a major solar customer.
- Wireless datacom sales are expected to be up Q/Q in FQ3; satellite sales are expected to fall slightly.
- Gross margin +30 bps Q/Q and +90 bps Y/Y in FQ2 to 34.6%. Opex +3% Y/Y to $15.5M. CalAmp ended the quarter with $36.8M in cash/investments, and no debt.
- Expectations were low going into the report.
- FQ2 results, PR
Oct. 6, 2014, 4:01 PM
Oct. 5, 2014, 5:35 PM
Aug. 19, 2014, 12:32 PM
- CalAmp (CAMP +2.9%) will be providing leading European MRM (mobile asset monitoring/tracking) services firm Masternaut with "advanced telematics devices to enable trailer, heavy equipment and industrial machinery tracking with Masternaut's Connect telematics platform."
- Masternaut claims to have 10K+ customers, and to monitor 300K+ assets, vehicles, and people through its MRM platform. Strong MRM product growth fueled a 17% Y/Y May quarter increase in CalAmp's wireless datacom revenue.
Jul. 17, 2014, 9:36 AM
- William Blair has started coverage on CalAmp (CAMP +2.9%) with an Outperform. It expects the company to benefit from machine-to-machine (M2M) and mobile resource management market growth.
- The launch comes two weeks after shares dove due to light FQ2 guidance and an outlook for soft FY15 satellite revenue.
- 9% of the float was shorted as of June 30.
Jul. 2, 2014, 12:56 PM
Jul. 2, 2014, 9:15 AM
CAMP vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR