Oct. 7, 2014, 12:45 PM
Oct. 6, 2014, 5:36 PM
Oct. 6, 2014, 4:17 PM
- CalAmp (NASDAQ:CAMP) expects FQ3 revenue of $61M-$65M and EPS of $0.21-$0.25, mostly below a consensus of $65.2M and $0.24. However, FY15 (ends Feb. '15) guidance is for revenue of $250M-$255M and EPS of $0.88-$0.94, in-line with a consensus of $253M and $0.91.
- FQ2 wireless datacom revenue +11% Y/Y to $50.2M. Satellite revenue (expected to be weak) -23% to $9M. Strong sales to energy clients provided a lift, as did demand for mobile resource management (MRM) products and the resumption of shipments to a major solar customer.
- Wireless datacom sales are expected to be up Q/Q in FQ3; satellite sales are expected to fall slightly.
- Gross margin +30 bps Q/Q and +90 bps Y/Y in FQ2 to 34.6%. Opex +3% Y/Y to $15.5M. CalAmp ended the quarter with $36.8M in cash/investments, and no debt.
- Expectations were low going into the report.
- FQ2 results, PR
Oct. 6, 2014, 4:01 PM
Oct. 5, 2014, 5:35 PM
Aug. 19, 2014, 12:32 PM
- CalAmp (CAMP +2.9%) will be providing leading European MRM (mobile asset monitoring/tracking) services firm Masternaut with "advanced telematics devices to enable trailer, heavy equipment and industrial machinery tracking with Masternaut's Connect telematics platform."
- Masternaut claims to have 10K+ customers, and to monitor 300K+ assets, vehicles, and people through its MRM platform. Strong MRM product growth fueled a 17% Y/Y May quarter increase in CalAmp's wireless datacom revenue.
Jul. 17, 2014, 9:36 AM
- William Blair has started coverage on CalAmp (CAMP +2.9%) with an Outperform. It expects the company to benefit from machine-to-machine (M2M) and mobile resource management market growth.
- The launch comes two weeks after shares dove due to light FQ2 guidance and an outlook for soft FY15 satellite revenue.
- 9% of the float was shorted as of June 30.
Jul. 2, 2014, 12:56 PM
Jul. 2, 2014, 9:15 AM
Jul. 1, 2014, 5:36 PM
Jul. 1, 2014, 5:16 PM
- Though CalAmp (CAMP) beat FQ1 estimates, it's guiding for FQ2 revenue of $57M-$61M and EPS of $0.17-$0.21, below a consensus of $62.5M and $0.22.
- The company expects "a sharp decline" in positive train control radio products, and only a "modest contribution" from Latin American MRM (mobile asset monitoring/control) product sales. Also, satellite revenue is expected to be down Q/Q "to the lower end of its normal quarterly operating range."
- On the other hand, wireless datacom revenue is forecast to be up Q/Q and Y/Y thanks to the resumption of shipments to a key solar OEM client (previous) and healthy demand in most core verticals.
- Fiscal 2H is expected to be "significantly stronger" than 1H, aided by wireless datacom strength in the auto insurance telematics and heavy equipment markets. But full-year satellite performance is now expected to be "below earlier expectations."
- FQ1 gross margin was 34.3% vs. 34.4% in FQ4 and a year ago. Opex rose fractionally Y/Y to $15.62M.
- Strong MRM sales fueled a 17% Y/Y increase in wireless datacom revenue to $47.8M. Satellite revenue fell 14% to $11.1M.
- FQ1 results, PR
Jul. 1, 2014, 4:02 PM
Jun. 30, 2014, 5:35 PM
Jun. 25, 2014, 5:42 PM
May. 15, 2014, 9:59 AM| Comment!
Apr. 25, 2014, 12:47 PM
CAMP vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR