Tue, Jun. 23, 6:07 PM
- NiSource spinoff Columbia Pipeline Group (CPGX) is taking Allegeheny Technologies' (NYSE:ATI) spot in the S&P 500. Allegheny will join the S&P MidCap 400.
- Also joining the S&P 400: Casey's General Stores (NASDAQ:CASY), Graham Holdings spinoff Cable One, DuPont spinoff Chemours, and the post-spinoff Energizer (NYSE:ENR).
- Getting dropped to the S&P SmallCap 600 from the 400: Unit Corp. (NYSE:UNT), Harsco (NYSE:HSC), and Semtech (NASDAQ:SMTC).
- Also joining the S&P 600: Nektar (NASDAQ:NKTR), Masco spinoff TopBuild, and the new/post-spinoff Gannett (NYSE:GCI). Gannett's broadcast/digital spinoff Tegna (Pending:TGNA) will have old Gannett's spot in the S&P 500.
- Getting dropped from the S&P 600, and not moving up: Aeropostale (NYSE:ARO), Paragon Offshore (NYSE:PGN), PetroQuest (NYSE:PQ), Quiksilver (NYSE:ZQK), and FXCM.
- Leaving the S&P 400, and not moving elsewhere: Peabody (NYSE:BTU) and AOL (acquired by Verizon).
- ATI -1% AH. UNT -0.7%. ARO -1.1%. PQ -1.9%. BTU -1.1%. NKTR +5.2%.
- Press Release (.pdf)
Mon, Jun. 8, 5:37 PM
Tue, Mar. 10, 10:20 AM
- Casey's General Stores (CASY -7.4%) trades lower after FQ3 revenue missed the expectation of analysts.
- The sharp drop in gas prices cut into sales despite higher traffic at pumps and inside the company's stores.
- Shares have recovered somewhat from a wild after-hours session which saw Casey's down almost 11% at one point.
- Previously: Casey's General Stores beats by $0.19, misses on revenue (Mar. 09 2015)
- Previously: Food sales and gas margins up at Casey's in FQ3 (Mar. 09 2015)
Mon, Mar. 9, 5:55 PM
- Casey's General Stores (NASDAQ:CASY) reports it recorded a record fuel margin in FQ3.
- Same-store gallons were up 2.2% during the period with an average margin of $0.22 per gallon.
- Merchandise and grocery comp sales rose 7.7% Y/Y off of favorable consumer trends and a lift from increased cooler space.
- Prepared food and fountain same-store sales +9.5% with an average margin of 58.7%.
- Previously: Caseys General Stores beats by $0.19, misses on revenue
- CASY -0.3% after hours after running up a 3.72% gain during the daily session ahead of the earnings report.
Dec. 10, 2014, 10:22 AM
- The S&P 500 Retail ETF (NYSEARCA:XRT) is up 0.3% today despite the negative action in the broader market.
- A forecast for sustained lower oil prices is the major reason for the upswing.
- Top 20 XRT holdings showing gains: Limited Brands (LB +0.6%), Whole Foods Markets (WFM +0.4%), Casey's General Stores (CASY +0.3%), Ross Stores (ROST +0.7%), Kroger (KR +0.9%), Advance Auto Parts (AAP +0.4%), Target (TGT +0.4%), Zumiez (ZUMZ +0.3%), CST Brands (CST +1.3%).
Nov. 25, 2014, 12:45 PM
Sep. 10, 2014, 9:43 AM
Jun. 9, 2014, 5:51 PM
Sep. 9, 2013, 4:25 PM
Jun. 13, 2013, 4:55 PMMore on Casey's General Stores' (CASY) FQ4: CEO Robert Myers says a "difficult cigarette environment and challenging weather comparisons" weighed on sales during FY13 but a fuel saver program and "cigarette pricing adjustments" should help build momentum in FY14. FQ4 SSS breakdown by segment: Gasoline, +1%; Grocery & Other Merchandise, -0.2%; Prepared Food, +4.4%. "Corporate performance goals" for FY14 are: SSS growth and margins of 1.5% and 0.15/gallon in Gas, 5% and 32.3% in Grocery, and 9% and 62% in Prepared Food. Shares -3% AH. (PR) | Jun. 13, 2013, 4:55 PM | Comment!
Jun. 13, 2013, 4:04 PM
Sep. 10, 2012, 6:11 PMMore on Casey's General Stores (CASY): FQ1 comes in flat on the revenue side, but beats on its bottom line number as major remodels and a conversion to 24-hour operations helped offset higher commodity costs, competitive cigarette pricing and higher gas prices. Same-store sales ex-gas rose 2.6% while the segment's margin widened to 33.4% from 32.5%. Same store gasoline sales slid 0.2% with an average margin of $0.149 per gallon. Shares +8.3% AH. | Sep. 10, 2012, 6:11 PM | Comment!
Jun. 12, 2012, 4:44 PMMore on Casey's General Stores (CASY): FQ4 misses as gas margin was down approx. $0.02 cents y/y, reducing EPS by approx. $0.12 cents. Same-store gas gallons sold rose 2.5% with an average margin of $0.137 cents per gallon. Raises quarterly dividend to $0.165/share from $0.15. Sees FY13 same-store grocery, other merchandise sales up 6.2%; gas gallons sold up 1.0%, with an average margin of $0.14 cents per gallon. | Jun. 12, 2012, 4:44 PM | Comment!
Jun. 12, 2012, 4:05 PM
Mar. 5, 2012, 4:09 PM
Sep. 12, 2011, 11:37 AM
CASY vs. ETF Alternatives
Casey's General Stores Inc, together with its subsidiaries, operates convenience stores under the Caseys General Store name in 14 Midwestern states. Its stores offers a selection of food, beverage and tobacco products as well as other nonfood items.
Other News & PR