Nov. 11, 2014, 8:26 AM
- CB&I (NYSE:CBI) has received a contract from Calpine Mid-Merit, an affiliate of Calpine Corp. (NYSE:CPN), for the initial development phase of a 760 MW gas turbine power station in Pennsylvania.
- Separately, CB&I has been awarded a contract valued in excess of $40M by Coffeyville Resources Refining & Marketing for the engineering, procurement, and field construction of a 22M standard cu. ft. per day hydrogen plant at its refinery in Kansas.
Nov. 10, 2014, 8:31 AM
- Arizona Public Service awards CB&I (NYSE:CBI) a contract renewal valued at more than $100M for maintenance and modification services for its fossil power generation facilities in Arizona and New Mexico.
- The award is an extension of CB&I's existing scope of work relating to outage, non-outage, operations and maintenance and capital projects.
Oct. 23, 2014, 4:47 PM| 4 Comments
Oct. 22, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ADES, ALGN, ALTR, AMZN, BAS, BJRI, BLDR, BMRN, CB, CBI, CERN, CLMS, CLNE, CNMD, CPWR, CTCT, CYN, DECK, DLB, DV, ECHO, ELY, EW, FET, FII, FLS, FSL, GHL, GIMO, HBHC, HUBG, HWAY, IM, INFA, JNPR, KLAC, LOGM, LSCC, MSFT, MTSN, MXIM, MXWL, N, NCR, NTGR, OLN, P, PACB, PCCC, PDFS, PEB, PFG, PFPT, POL, QLIK, RMD, RUBI, RVBD, SHOR, SIVB, SPNC, SRCL, SWFT, SWN, SYNA, VMI, VRSN, WOOF, WRB, WRE, WRI
Oct. 7, 2014, 8:28 AM| 3 Comments
Oct. 3, 2014, 8:28 AM
- Toyo Engineering (OTC:TYOQF) awards CB&I (NYSE:CBI) with a contract valued in excess of $200M for the engineering and supply of ethylene heaters for Petronas' Refinery and Petrochemicals Integrated Development project in Malaysia.
- The plant will utilize SRT VII cracking heaters, the latest generation of SRT high selectivity heaters designed for cracking gas and liquid feedstock, to produce 1.1M metric tons per annum of ethylene.
Sep. 16, 2014, 9:13 AM
- Enable Midstream Partners' (NYSE:ENBL) unit, Enable Products, has awarded Chicago Bridge & Iron (NYSE:CBI) a contract for the engineering and procurement of equipment and process modules for a new natural gas facility.
- The plant will use CB&I's NGL-MAXSM gas processing technology and will have a total processing capacity of 200M scf of gas per day.
Sep. 12, 2014, 8:11 AM| Comment!
Aug. 26, 2014, 8:51 AM
- CB&I (NYSE:CBI) has been awarded a contract by Shenhua Ningxia Coal Industry Group for the license and engineering design of a grassroots petrochemicals unit to be built in Ningxia, China.
- The unit will produce 196K metric tons of propylene annually by using CB&I's proprietary Olefins Conversion Technology, and the company's Comonomer Production Technology to produce and recover 20K of comonomer grade 1-butene.
Aug. 21, 2014, 10:07 AM
- Chicago Bridge & Iron (CBI +1.3%) receives a contract from Polski Koncern Naftowy Orlen (OTC:PSKOF) for the license and engineering design of a propylene production unit to be located in Poland.
- The unit will produce 100K metric tons of propylene annually by using CB&I's proprietary Olefins Conversion Technology.
Aug. 15, 2014, 8:59 AM
- Chicago Bridge & Iron (NYSE:CBI) +3.7% premarket after Berkshire Hathaway reported a 12% higher stake to 10.7M shares, valued at ~$621M at yesterday’s closing price; CBI shares had tumbled 22% during the June quarter.
- Among other stocks enjoying an apparent premarket Buffett bounce are two new Berkshire stakes, Now Inc. (NYSE:DNOW) +1.9% and Charter Communications (NASDAQ:CHTR) +1.6%.
Aug. 6, 2014, 9:28 AM
Jul. 24, 2014, 4:15 PM| 18 Comments
Jul. 23, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ABAX, ACTG, ALGN, ALTR, AMZN, ATRC, AWAY, BAS, BCOV, BCR, BIDU, BJRI, BLDR, CB, CBI, CERN, CLS, COLM, CTCT, CYN, DECK, DGII, DLB, DTLK, ECHO, ELY, EPR, FET, FICO, FII, FLEX, FSL, GIMO, HBHC, IM, INFA, KLAC, LEG, LOGM, LSCC, MITK, MKTO, MLNX, MSCC, MTD, MTSN, MXIM, N, NR, NTGR, OLN, P, PACB, PEB, PFG, PFPT, QLGC, QLIK, RFMD, RGA, RGC, RSG, RVBD, SBAC, SBUX, SIVB, SPNC, SRCL, SWFT, SWI, SYA, TPX, TSRO, UHS, V, VR, VRSN, WOOF, WRE, WRI
Jul. 17, 2014, 8:51 AM
- Chicago Bridge & Iron (NYSE:CBI) has announced contract orders from Entergy Operations valued at over $100M for modifications and upgrades at several nuclear plants throughout the U.S.
- Since the Japanese Fukushima Daiichi nuclear meltdown, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission has required U.S. nuclear plants to upgrade their structures to decrease the possibility of damage in the event of a complete loss of power.
Jul. 7, 2014, 8:15 AM
- Chicago Bridge & Iron (CBI) has been awarded a contract of over $60M by Petrofac (POFCF, POFCY), for the construction of product storage spheres at a refinery in Saudi Arabia.
- "We currently are constructing crude oil storage tanks for Petrofac at the same project site," says President Luke Scorsone. "This new sphere award builds on CB&I's service offerings for our client and the operational excellence we have demonstrated in Saudi Arabia since the 1930s."
CBI vs. ETF Alternatives
Chicago Bridge & Iron Company provides conceptual design, technology, engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction and commissioning services to customers in the energy, petrochemical and natural resource industries.
Other News & PR