Thu, May 7, 12:49 PM
Wed, May 6, 5:27 PM
Tue, May 5, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, ALB, ALDW, AMTG, ANAC, AREX, ATML, ATO, ATVI, AUQ, AWK, BEAT, BGC, BNFT, BREW, BRKR, BWC, CCRN, CECO, CF, CHEF, CHGG, CJES, CKP, CLR, CLVS, CODI, CPA, CPE, CSLT, CSOD, CUZ, CXW, CZR, DMD, DPM, ECR, EFC, EGN, ENSG, EPAM, EPM, EQC, ESS, ETE, ETP, EXTR, EXXI, FLTX, FNGN, FNV, FOXA, FRSH, GBDC, GMCR, GUID, HIVE, HR, HUBS, IL, IO, IVR, JKHY, JONE, KIM, KND, KW, LCI, LGCY, LHCG, MASI, MCHX, MELI, MET, MITT, MRIN, MRO, MTDR, NEWP, NLY, NP, NSIT, NSTG, NUS, OAS, ORA, OSUR, PAYC, PDLI, PEGA, PFMT, PGTI, PHH, PMT, PNNT, PRAA, PRI, PRU, PSEC, PTLA, QLTY, QTM, REG, RIG, RIGP, RST, RYN, SBY, SD, SGM, SLH, SN, SQNM, SUN, SWM, SXL, SZYM, TCAP, THRX, TRIP, TROX, TSLA, TTPH, TUMI, TWO, VECO, VNDA, VRNS, VVC, WBMD, WFM, WGL, WTI, XNPT
Mon, Apr. 27, 1:37 PM
- For-profit education stocks are getting bashed after Corinithian Colleges (COCO -25.9%) closes all of its schools in a development that throws a spotlight on the sector.
- CNBC reports it's the largest shutdown in the history of higher education in the U.S.
- Previously: Education stocks on watch after Corinthian Colleges shuts down (Apr. 27 2015)
- Decliners: Apollo Education (NASDAQ:APOL) -1.5%, Career Education (NASDAQ:CECO) -7.1%, Strayer Education (NASDAQ:STRA) -1.7%, Lincoln Education (NASDAQ:LINC) -1.3%, Education Management (NASDAQ:EDMC) -4.1%, National American University Holdings (NASDAQ:NAUH) -1.8%, American Public Education (NASDAQ:APEI) -1.3%.
Mon, Apr. 27, 7:27 AM
- For-profit education stocks could see some volatility after Corinthian Colleges (NASDAQ:COCO) decides to shut down 28 schools in a move that will displace close to 10K students.
- The abrupt closure is receiving significant attention from student advocacy groups and increase the chances of politicians stepping into the for-profit fray.
- On watch: APOL, CECO, DV, STRA, ESI, LOPE, APEI, LINC, BPI, LRN, EDU, NAUH.
Tue, Mar. 31, 10:35 AM
- A group of Corinthian College (NASDAQ:COCO) students are attempting to back out of their student loan obligations after the company closed campuses to diminish the value of degrees from the institution.
- The students have some support from the CFPB in their bid for debt relief, although the federal agency won't advocate for non-payment.
- The development is another bright spotlight on a sector already reeling from enrollment losses.
- "I just turned 22 and I have this much debt and I have nothing to show for it," summed up one Corinthian student on her plight.
- On watch: Career Education (CECO -2.3%), ITT Educational Services (ESI -2.2%), Education Management (EDMC -7.3%), Strayer Education (STRA -1%), DeVry Education (DV -0.5%).
Fri, Mar. 27, 5:38 PM
Mon, Mar. 23, 7:11 PM
- Less than a year after being named Career Education's (NASDAQ:CECO) CFO, Reid Simpson is leaving to become the CFO of retail analytics provider ShopperTrak, effective March 31.
- David Rawden, a director at turnaround/restructuring advisory firm AlixPartners, will serve as interim CFO. A search for a permanent CFO will start after CECO names a new CEO to replace the departed Scott Steffey.
Thu, Mar. 12, 9:34 AM
- The Treasury Department and Department of Education are looking into a proposal to make it easier for student loans to be included in bankruptcies.
- Though the bankruptcy angle is only a small portion of the comprehensive Student Aid Bill of Rights aimed at the lending industry, it's expected to be one of the most controversial aspects of the proposed legislation.
- For-profit education stocks: APOL, CECO, COCO, DV, STRA, ESI, LOPE, APEI, LINC, BPI, LRN, EDU,
Wed, Mar. 4, 1:03 PM| Comment!
Wed, Mar. 4, 12:45 PM
Tue, Mar. 3, 5:36 PM
Tue, Mar. 3, 4:15 PM
Mon, Mar. 2, 5:35 PM
Fri, Feb. 13, 12:45 PM
Fri, Feb. 13, 10:16 AM
CECO vs. ETF Alternatives
Career Education Corp provides online, on-ground and hybrid learning programs. It serves students from campuses throughout the USA, offering programs that lead to doctoral, master's, bachelor's & associate degrees, as well as to diplomas & certificates.
Other News & PR