Mon, Mar. 23, 7:11 PM
- Less than a year after being named Career Education's (NASDAQ:CECO) CFO, Reid Simpson is leaving to become the CFO of retail analytics provider ShopperTrak, effective March 31.
- David Rawden, a director at turnaround/restructuring advisory firm AlixPartners, will serve as interim CFO. A search for a permanent CFO will start after CECO names a new CEO to replace the departed Scott Steffey.
Thu, Mar. 12, 9:34 AM
- The Treasury Department and Department of Education are looking into a proposal to make it easier for student loans to be included in bankruptcies.
- Though the bankruptcy angle is only a small portion of the comprehensive Student Aid Bill of Rights aimed at the lending industry, it's expected to be one of the most controversial aspects of the proposed legislation.
- For-profit education stocks: APOL, CECO, COCO, DV, STRA, ESI, LOPE, APEI, LINC, BPI, LRN, EDU,
Wed, Mar. 4, 1:03 PM| Wed, Mar. 4, 1:03 PM | Comment!
Wed, Mar. 4, 12:45 PM
Tue, Mar. 3, 5:36 PM
Tue, Mar. 3, 4:15 PM
Mon, Mar. 2, 5:35 PM
Fri, Feb. 13, 12:45 PM
Fri, Feb. 13, 10:16 AM
Mon, Feb. 9, 1:28 PM
- Some education stocks are getting a second look from investors today to partially reverse what's been a decline in the sector for 2015 amid enrollment and student loan concerns.
- The rally has been underpinned with decent volume.
- Gainers: Bridgepoint Education (NYSE:BPI) +4.2%, ITT Educational Services (NYSE:ITT) +1.5%, Education Management Corporation (NASDAQ:EDMC) +2.7%, Career Education Corp. (NASDAQ:CECO) +4.2%, DeVry Education (NYSE:DV) +2.1%.
Fri, Jan. 9, 3:03 AM
- President Obama has unveiled a proposal to make community college free for the first two years, with federal funding covering three-quarters of the cost and states that participate contributing the rest.
- "We have to make sure that everybody has the opportunity to constantly train themselves for better jobs, better wages, better benefits," announced Obama.
- The White House expects an estimated 9M students to participate in the program and save $3,800 a year on tuition.
- Education Stocks: CECO, STRA, COCO, ESI, ITT, BPI, LINC, DV, LOPE, APEI
- APOL -0.7%; EDMC -6.1% AH
Dec. 18, 2014, 4:14 PM
Nov. 6, 2014, 9:14 AM
- Gainers: PLNR +74%. PESI +24%. SWIR +20%. MEET +13%. RVLT +11%. COT +11%. DATA +11%. ACAS +10%. NDLS +9%. KATE +8%. KATE +8%. WFM +9%. HZNP +6%. CECO +6%. DRYS +5%. TRUE +5%.
- Losers: AEZS -51%. SZYM -47%. SNMX -26%. GNW -24%. WWWW -22%. CSOD -19%. PHMD -17%. GERN -14%. MCP -12%. GNRC -11%. WAC -9%. QCOM -7%. Z -7%. PBR -5%.
Nov. 6, 2014, 8:16 AM
Nov. 5, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAON, AAP, AAWW, AEE, AES, AINV, AKRX, AMCX, AMRC, AMSC, AOL, APA, AZN, BBG, BCE, BCRX, BDBD, BKCC, BR, CDW, CECE, CECO, CNK, CNQ, COTY, CPN, CRZO, CVC, CYNI, DNOW, DTV, ERJ, FSYS, FUN, FUR, GEO, GLP, GNRC, GOLD, HAIN, HII, HNR, HSC, HSIC, HSP, HZNP, IT, KATE, KERX, KLIC, LIN, LMIA, LPI, MITL, MPEL, MWIV, NAVB, NRF, NTWK, NXTM, ONE, OWW, PBH, PDCE, PERI, PHMD, PKD, PMC, PNK, POZN, PRFT, PRGO, PRIM, PTCT, RDNT, RGEN, SATS, SCMP, SFUN, SFY, SGM, SLH, SNI, SNMX, SRPT, TAP, TCPC, TDC, TEDU, THS, TK, TNDM, TPH, TU, VC, VIVO, WAC, WD, WEN, WIN, ZEUS
Aug. 18, 2014, 11:08 AM
- Shares of Career Education (CECO +8.8%) spike higher on heavy volume to reach their highest level since May.
- Other than some minor insider buying from a board member, there hasn't been any new from the company.
- SA contributor InvestAwayFromCrowd forecast the mini-run in Career Education with the firm's student enrollment trends improving.
CECO vs. ETF Alternatives
Career Education Corp provides online, on-ground and hybrid learning programs. It serves students from campuses throughout the USA, offering programs that lead to doctoral, master's, bachelor's & associate degrees, as well as to diplomas & certificates.
Other News & PR