Mon, Feb. 9, 1:28 PM
- Some education stocks are getting a second look from investors today to partially reverse what's been a decline in the sector for 2015 amid enrollment and student loan concerns.
- The rally has been underpinned with decent volume.
- Gainers: Bridgepoint Education (NYSE:BPI) +4.2%, ITT Educational Services (NYSE:ITT) +1.5%, Education Management Corporation (NASDAQ:EDMC) +2.7%, Career Education Corp. (NASDAQ:CECO) +4.2%, DeVry Education (NYSE:DV) +2.1%.
Fri, Jan. 9, 3:03 AM
- President Obama has unveiled a proposal to make community college free for the first two years, with federal funding covering three-quarters of the cost and states that participate contributing the rest.
- "We have to make sure that everybody has the opportunity to constantly train themselves for better jobs, better wages, better benefits," announced Obama.
- The White House expects an estimated 9M students to participate in the program and save $3,800 a year on tuition.
- Education Stocks: CECO, STRA, COCO, ESI, ITT, BPI, LINC, DV, LOPE, APEI
- APOL -0.7%; EDMC -6.1% AH
Dec. 18, 2014, 4:14 PM
Nov. 6, 2014, 9:14 AM
- Gainers: PLNR +74%. PESI +24%. SWIR +20%. MEET +13%. RVLT +11%. COT +11%. DATA +11%. ACAS +10%. NDLS +9%. KATE +8%. KATE +8%. WFM +9%. HZNP +6%. CECO +6%. DRYS +5%. TRUE +5%.
- Losers: AEZS -51%. SZYM -47%. SNMX -26%. GNW -24%. WWWW -22%. CSOD -19%. PHMD -17%. GERN -14%. MCP -12%. GNRC -11%. WAC -9%. QCOM -7%. Z -7%. PBR -5%.
Nov. 6, 2014, 8:16 AM| Comment!
Nov. 5, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAON, AAP, AAWW, AEE, AES, AINV, AKRX, AMCX, AMRC, AMSC, AOL, APA, AZN, BBG, BCE, BCRX, BDBD, BKCC, BR, CDW, CECE, CECO, CNK, CNQ, COTY, CPN, CRZO, CVC, CYNI, DNOW, DTV, ERJ, FSYS, FUN, FUR, GEO, GLP, GNRC, GOLD, HAIN, HII, HNR, HSC, HSIC, HSP, HZNP, IT, KATE, KERX, KLIC, LIN, LMIA, LPI, MITL, MPEL, MWIV, NAVB, NRF, NTWK, NXTM, ONE, OWW, PBH, PDCE, PERI, PHMD, PKD, PMC, PNK, POZN, PRFT, PRGO, PRIM, PTCT, RDNT, RGEN, SATS, SCMP, SFUN, SFY, SGM, SLH, SNI, SNMX, SRPT, TAP, TCPC, TDC, TEDU, THS, TK, TNDM, TPH, TU, VC, VIVO, WAC, WD, WEN, WIN, ZEUS
Aug. 18, 2014, 11:08 AM
- Shares of Career Education (CECO +8.8%) spike higher on heavy volume to reach their highest level since May.
- Other than some minor insider buying from a board member, there hasn't been any new from the company.
- SA contributor InvestAwayFromCrowd forecast the mini-run in Career Education with the firm's student enrollment trends improving.
Aug. 7, 2014, 9:21 AM
Aug. 7, 2014, 8:19 AM| Comment!
Aug. 7, 2014, 8:09 AM| Comment!
Aug. 6, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAON, AES, AFSI, AINV, AMCX, ATHM, AUXL, BCE, BDBD, BPI, BR, CBB, CCOI, CECE, CECO, CNQ, CQB, CRIS, CTB, DUK, EAT, FUR, FWLT, GBDC, GDP, GLP, GOLD, GTN, HAR, HII, HIMX, HRC, HSC, HSNI, HZNP, ICE, IDCC, IRC, KERX, LAMR, LEAF, LG, LINE, LMIA, LNCE, LPI, LQDT, LXP, LXRX, MFC, MMS, MNK, MONT, MPEL, MPW, MYL, NCT, NRF, NRG, NVO, NXST, NXTM, OGE, ONE, OWW, PBH, PHMD, POZN, PRIM, QIWI, RDN, RGLD, RSTI, RTK, SABR, SATS, SFUN, SGM, SNI, SPH, SRE, SRPT, SSYS, SUNE, TDC, TGH, THS, TICC, TK, TPH, VNDA, WEN, WIN, WMC, WWAV, ZEUS
Jun. 19, 2014, 12:45 PM
Jun. 19, 2014, 11:32 AM
- Education stocks are getting their knuckles rapped with Corinthian Colleges in financial distress.
- A harsh stance by the DOE toward Corinithian is a putting a fright into investors.
- Decliners: Career Education (CECO) -2.5%, ITT Educational Services (ESI) -2.6%, Strayer Education (STRA) -3.1%, DeVry Education (DV) -1.4%, Education Management (EDMC) -2.6%, Bridgepoint Education (BPI) -2.0%.
Jun. 11, 2014, 11:30 AM| 22 Comments
May 22, 2014, 11:39 AM
- Dropping alongside Apollo Education Group on rumor of an Ackman short: ITT Education (ESI -24.1%), Strayer (STRA -4.2%), DeVry (DV -2.1%), Career Education (CECO -2.1%), Grand Canyon (LOPE -2.6%), American Public (APEI -2.8%), Education Management (EDMC -2.4%), Bridgepoint Education (BPI -2.4%), Lincoln Education (LINC -1.4%).
May 8, 2014, 12:48 PM
CECO vs. ETF Alternatives
Career Education Corp provides online, on-ground and hybrid learning programs. It serves students from campuses throughout the USA, offering programs that lead to doctoral, master's, bachelor's & associate degrees, as well as to diplomas & certificates.
Other News & PR