Thu, May 7, 12:49 PM
Mon, Apr. 27, 1:37 PM
- For-profit education stocks are getting bashed after Corinithian Colleges (COCO -25.9%) closes all of its schools in a development that throws a spotlight on the sector.
- CNBC reports it's the largest shutdown in the history of higher education in the U.S.
- Previously: Education stocks on watch after Corinthian Colleges shuts down (Apr. 27 2015)
- Decliners: Apollo Education (NASDAQ:APOL) -1.5%, Career Education (NASDAQ:CECO) -7.1%, Strayer Education (NASDAQ:STRA) -1.7%, Lincoln Education (NASDAQ:LINC) -1.3%, Education Management (NASDAQ:EDMC) -4.1%, National American University Holdings (NASDAQ:NAUH) -1.8%, American Public Education (NASDAQ:APEI) -1.3%.
Tue, Mar. 31, 10:35 AM
- A group of Corinthian College (NASDAQ:COCO) students are attempting to back out of their student loan obligations after the company closed campuses to diminish the value of degrees from the institution.
- The students have some support from the CFPB in their bid for debt relief, although the federal agency won't advocate for non-payment.
- The development is another bright spotlight on a sector already reeling from enrollment losses.
- "I just turned 22 and I have this much debt and I have nothing to show for it," summed up one Corinthian student on her plight.
- On watch: Career Education (CECO -2.3%), ITT Educational Services (ESI -2.2%), Education Management (EDMC -7.3%), Strayer Education (STRA -1%), DeVry Education (DV -0.5%).
Fri, Mar. 27, 5:38 PM
Wed, Mar. 4, 1:03 PM| Comment!
Wed, Mar. 4, 12:45 PM
Tue, Mar. 3, 5:36 PM
Fri, Feb. 13, 12:45 PM
Fri, Feb. 13, 10:16 AM
Mon, Feb. 9, 1:28 PM
- Some education stocks are getting a second look from investors today to partially reverse what's been a decline in the sector for 2015 amid enrollment and student loan concerns.
- The rally has been underpinned with decent volume.
- Gainers: Bridgepoint Education (NYSE:BPI) +4.2%, ITT Educational Services (NYSE:ITT) +1.5%, Education Management Corporation (NASDAQ:EDMC) +2.7%, Career Education Corp. (NASDAQ:CECO) +4.2%, DeVry Education (NYSE:DV) +2.1%.
Nov. 6, 2014, 9:14 AM
- Gainers: PLNR +74%. PESI +24%. SWIR +20%. MEET +13%. RVLT +11%. COT +11%. DATA +11%. ACAS +10%. NDLS +9%. KATE +8%. KATE +8%. WFM +9%. HZNP +6%. CECO +6%. DRYS +5%. TRUE +5%.
- Losers: AEZS -51%. SZYM -47%. SNMX -26%. GNW -24%. WWWW -22%. CSOD -19%. PHMD -17%. GERN -14%. MCP -12%. GNRC -11%. WAC -9%. QCOM -7%. Z -7%. PBR -5%.
Aug. 18, 2014, 11:08 AM
- Shares of Career Education (CECO +8.8%) spike higher on heavy volume to reach their highest level since May.
- Other than some minor insider buying from a board member, there hasn't been any new from the company.
- SA contributor InvestAwayFromCrowd forecast the mini-run in Career Education with the firm's student enrollment trends improving.
Aug. 7, 2014, 9:21 AM
Jun. 19, 2014, 12:45 PM
Jun. 19, 2014, 11:32 AM
- Education stocks are getting their knuckles rapped with Corinthian Colleges in financial distress.
- A harsh stance by the DOE toward Corinithian is a putting a fright into investors.
- Decliners: Career Education (CECO) -2.5%, ITT Educational Services (ESI) -2.6%, Strayer Education (STRA) -3.1%, DeVry Education (DV) -1.4%, Education Management (EDMC) -2.6%, Bridgepoint Education (BPI) -2.0%.
May 22, 2014, 11:39 AM
- Dropping alongside Apollo Education Group on rumor of an Ackman short: ITT Education (ESI -24.1%), Strayer (STRA -4.2%), DeVry (DV -2.1%), Career Education (CECO -2.1%), Grand Canyon (LOPE -2.6%), American Public (APEI -2.8%), Education Management (EDMC -2.4%), Bridgepoint Education (BPI -2.4%), Lincoln Education (LINC -1.4%).
CECO vs. ETF Alternatives
Career Education Corp provides online, on-ground and hybrid learning programs. It serves students from campuses throughout the USA, offering programs that lead to doctoral, master's, bachelor's & associate degrees, as well as to diplomas & certificates.
Other News & PR