Thu, Apr. 16, 3:19 PM
- Today's notable tech gainers include Chinese online gaming/entertainment platform YY (YY +4.5%), Chinese search engine/portal owner Sohu (SOHU +5.4%), U.S. solar installer Vivint (VSLR +4.9%), U.S. solar installer Vivint (VSLR +4.9%), solar power optimizer/inverter maker SolarEdge (SEDG +5%), M2M hardware/software provider I.D. Systems (IDSY +8.9%), DSP core IP provider Ceva (CEVA +7.2%), cloud healthcare software provider Castlight (CSLT +6.1%), and NAND controller/4G transceiver vendor Silicon Motion (SIMO +4.8%). The Nasdaq is nearly flat.
- Notable decliners include local services marketplace Angie's List (ANGI -6.6%), IP licensing firm Acacia (ACTG -4.4%), and gaming system maker IGT (IGT -5.1%).
- Dougherty has launched coverage on I.D. Systems at Buy, and Canaccord has done the same for Ceva. Vivint is one of several solar firms to get an Outperform rating from Avondale Partners. Silicon Motion has surged to fresh 52-week highs, and is up 22% since last week's Q1 pre-announcement.
- Angie's List is giving back some of the big gains seen yesterday after announcing long-time CEO Bill Oesterle plans to retire, and slightly hiking its 2015 adjusted EBITDA guidance. IGT is returning a chunk of the gains seen last week following the closing of the Gtech merger.
- Previously covered: Etsy, AMD, Fairchild, SanDisk, 58.com, Audience, Travelzoo, Sequans, Carbonite, Identiv
Mon, Mar. 16, 4:27 PM
Tue, Feb. 3, 7:01 AM
Mon, Feb. 2, 5:30 PM
Nov. 14, 2014, 11:01 AM
- Declaring "the worst has passed" for CEVA, Oppenheimer has upgraded the chip IP licensing firm to Outperform, and set a $19 target.
- Oppenheimer notes CEVA's exposure to the growing low-end/mid-range smartphone market, and its relationships with low-cost Chinese mobile chipmakers Spreadtrum and Leadcore.
- The firm also thinks Samsung and MediaTek could expand their use of CEVA's IP. "as they work to streamline their product offerings."
Oct. 30, 2014, 7:07 AM
Oct. 29, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ALLE, ALU, AMAG, AMT, ANR, APD, APO, ATK, AUDC, AVP, BCO, BG, BGCP, BLL, BWA, CAH, CARB, CBM, CEVA, CI, CME, CNSL, COP, COR, CRCM, CRNT, CRR, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DFT, DHX, DST, EPD, EXLS, FCH, FCN, FIG, FIS, GBX, GEL, GG, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTI, GTLS, HAR, HEES, HGG, HST, I, IDA, IDCC, INCY, INGR, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, IVZ, JCI, K, KCG, KEM, KMT, LAD, LECO, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, LRN, MA, MD, MDC, MDXG, MGM, MMYT, MO, MOD, MOS, MPC, MPLX, MPW, MSCI, MZOR, NEO, NGD, NI, NILE, NOV, NVO, NYT, O, OAK, OCN, ODFL, OXF, PBI, PCRX, PEG, Q, RDEN, RDN, RDS.A, RFP, RGLD, RTIX, SCG, SHOO, SMP, SNAK, SPAR, SSE, STRA, STRZA, SUI, TASR, TEVA, THRM, TRI, TWC, UAN, UPL, USAC, VICL, VNTV, WLT, WST, WWE, XEL
Jul. 31, 2014, 7:13 AM
Jul. 30, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AGI, ALKS, ALU, AMRC, APA, ASEI, ATK, AVP, AYR, AZN, BDX, BG, BGCP, BKCC, BLL, BUD, BWA, BZH, CCJ, CDW, CEVA, CHTR, CI, CL, CME, CNSL, COMM, COP, COT, CRCM, CRR, CTCM, CVI, CVRR, DDD, DISCA, DLPH, DTV, ENDP, EPD, EXC, FCH, FCN, FIG, FLY, FRM, GEL, GG, GIL, GLOP, GMT, GNRC, GTLS, H, HGG, HL, HP, HST, IDA, IMN, INCY, IRDM, IRM, ITT, IVZ, K, KMT, LKQ, LLL, LM, MA, MCK, MD, MDP, MNTA, MOD, MOS, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTOR, MWIV, NGD, NI, NJR, NWL, OAK, OCN, ODFL, OXY, PCG, PCRX, PES, PNR, PNW, PPL, PRFT, PWR, Q, RFP, RYL, SBH, SC, SCG, SFY, SHOO, SNAK, SNMX, STC, STRA, STRZA, SUP, SWC, TE, TEVA, TKR, TRP, TWC, UAN, UPL, USAK, VG, VICL, VNTV, VRX, WLT, WWE, XEL, XOM, XRAY
Jul. 8, 2014, 5:04 PM
- CEVA is buying RivieraWaves, a developer of Wi-Fi/Bluetooth IP for integration within mobile processors. The company is paying $12M up-front; the total price could be $19M following milestone and retention payments.
- CEVA, whose mobile DSP core IP business has slumped lately, says the purchase will expand its mobile licensing/royalty revenue base, and also expand its reach into wearable/embedded markets.
- The company adds there are already "multiple joint customers deploying RivieraWaves' Wi-Fi IP on a CEVA DSP targeting mobile devices and the connected home."
Jun. 12, 2014, 12:55 PM
Apr. 30, 2014, 7:12 AM
Apr. 29, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABX, ACCO, ACT, ADP, ADT, ALLT, AUDC, AUO, CEVA, CKSW, CVE, D, DHX, ENR, EVER, EXC, GIB, GOV, GRMN, GVA, H, HES, HPY, HSP, IACI, ICON, IMN, INGR, IP, ISSI, JLL, LL, LVLT, MGAM, MRGE, MSCI, MWV, NEE, NI, NVMI, NYCB, OMG, OSIS, PBI, PNK, PSX, PSXP, RDWR, RGS, SEE, SNCR, SO, SPW, SUI, TASR, TFX, TRI, TWX, TX, WEC, WLP, ZEUS.
Feb. 21, 2014, 11:31 AM
- In an article embargoed until 10:15AM ET Saturday, SA Pro contributor/fund manager Edward Schneider argues CEVA's (CEVA +3.2%) efforts to grow its DSP core IP business within non-mobile markets could lead shares to double within 18 months.
- Shares are at the highest levels they've seen since September. They crashed in October due to a Q3 warning.
Jan. 30, 2014, 7:11 AM
Jan. 30, 2014, 12:05 AM
- ABFS, ABMD, ADT, AIT, ALXN, AN, ARG, ATK, BC, BEAV, BEN, BLL, BMS, BTU, BX, BZH, CAH, CAM, CARB, CELG, CEVA, CL, CMS, COP, CRR, CRS, DFT, DGX, DOV, DST, EPD, ERIC, ESI, HAR, HGG, HOG, HP, HSH, HSY, IVZ, KELYA, KEM, KMT, LLL, LLY, MAN, MD, MMM, MO, NOC, NVO, OSTK, OXY, PBI, PHM, PLD, POT, RGLD, RTN, RYL, SHW, TE, TEN, TKR, TMO, TWC, UA, UPS, UTEK, V, VIAB, VLY, WCC, WHR, XEL, XOM, ZMH
CEVA vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR