Richemont, A Play On The Resurrection Of The Luxury Consumer
There are no Transcripts on CFRUY.
Tue, Sep. 9, 9:23 AM
- A large patch of the retail sector will have their ears perked up this afternoon to see what Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) delivers up with its iWatch announcement or teaser.
- Though the company's entry into wearable technology is considered nearly a certainty, the unknown variable is if the product will end up falling under the "gadget" category or be another Apple device revolution.
- Computerworld's Mike Egan is in the latter camp: "The iWatch should be most comparable to the Mac and the iPhone, Apple's two most stunning revolution."
- Forrester Research isn't waiting for details, forecasting 10M iWatch sales by 2016 - a mark which could dent demand for high-end watches.
- Showtime is 1:00 pm ET. (webcast)
- Luxury watchmakers: Movado (NYSE:MOV), Fossil (NASDAQ:FOSL), Swatch (OTCPK:SWGAY), Tiffany (NYSE:TIF), Richemont (OTCPK:CFRUY), LVMH Moet Hennessy (OTCPK:LVMHF), Hermes (OTCPK:HESAF)
- Wearable technology players: Sony (NYSE:SNE), Nike (NYSE:NKE), Samsung (OTC:SSNLF, OTC:SSNGY), Garmin (NASDAQ:GRMN), Basis (NASDAQ:INTC), Fitbit, Jawbone, Adidas (OTCQX:ADDYY), Under Armour (NYSE:UA).
Fri, Aug. 29, 7:12 AM
- The luxury group continues to show sizzling sales growth, aided by the price increases high-end sellers have pushed through to consumers.
- SA contributor Valuentum thinks the luxury space will remain resilient due to the brand equity and pricing power in the sector.
- Though Tiffany (NYSE:TIF) impressed with its smashing Q2 earnings report, Valuentum sees more value in aspirational handbag maker Coach (NYSE:COH) with its strong financial position and potential to turn around its North American business.
- Valuentum interview on CNBC
- Related stocks: KORS, OTCPK:LVMUY, OTC:GUCG, OTCPK:BURBY, OTCPK:CFRUY, OTCPK:LVMUY.
Dec. 30, 2013, 8:59 AM| Comment!
Dec. 20, 2013, 9:06 AM
- Luxury star Prada fell short of the consensus estimate of analysts with its Q3 profit. The report from the Italian firm could be a sector warning with Prada's results in China showing some signs of deceleration.
- A stronger euro against the yen was also a bottom line drag for the company.
- Execs with Prada said 'softening consumption patterns" in some key regions could continue to weigh on results.
- On watch: Louis Vuitton (LVMUY), Coach (COH), Ralph Lauren (RL), Michael Kors (KORS), Gucci Group (GUCG), Swatch (SWGAY), Burberry (BURBY), Estee Lauder (EL), Hermes (HESAF), Richemont (CFRUY).
Nov. 26, 2013, 9:19 AM
Oct. 29, 2013, 1:48 PM
- Luxury goods sales will rise 6% this year in constant exchange rates to top last year's mark of 5%, estimates Bain.
- A maturing market in China has been offset in part by strong luxury trends in Malaysia and Indonesia.
- Global ultra high-end retailers: Prada, Louis Vuitton (LVMUY), Coach (COH), Ralph Lauren (RL), Michael Kors (KORS), Gucci Group (GUCG), Swatch (SWGAY), Burberry (BURBY), Estee Lauder (EL), Hermes (HESAF), Richemont (CFRUY).
Apr. 15, 2013, 1:29 PMThe LVMH read-through to luxury stocks: The LVMH report is consistent with the latest batch of retail sales data from China which indicates solid growth is still out there - but just not at the frothy levels of years past. An important trend to watch is that demand in Europe is getting considerable support from the steady string of tourists pouring in from China which magnifies the impact that Chinese consumers have on the sector. | Comment!
Mar. 7, 2013, 10:40 AMChina-based fund manager Scilla Huang-Sun thinks luxury brands in China can hold their own as the number of millionaires in the region continues to rise despite whether or not the nation's overall growth rate is in the single digits. Though the ride is sure to be bumpy, high-end sellers with a strong brand should prosper. Her favorite sector pick is Prada. Others to watch in China: Swatch (SWGAY.PK), Estee Lauder (EL +0.1%), Richemont (CFRUY.PK), Michaek Kors (KORS -2.3%), Coach (COH -0.8%), Ralph Lauren (RL +0.6%), Burberry (BURBY.PK). | Comment!
Sep. 11, 2012, 8:18 AM
Jun. 7, 2011, 8:31 AM
CFRUY vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR