Mon, Oct. 5, 6:47 PM
- Barclays maintains a Neutral rating on the U.S. multi-industry sector due to a weaker emerging market outlook, higher emerging market foreign exchange risk and slower export markets, but initiates the firm's largest estimate cut since 2008 by downgrading five names within the sector.
- The firm cuts Eaton (NYSE:ETN), Rockwell Automation (NYSE:ROK), Rexnord (NYSE:RXN) and Tyco International (NYSE:TYC) to Equal Weight from Overweight, and downgrades Colfax (NYSE:CFX) to Underweight from Equal Weight.
- However, Barclays upgrades ADT Corp. (NYSE:ADT) to Equal Weight from Underweight, as the stock seems low enough to be considered fairly valued after a tough couple of years, and ADT's exposures to U.S. housing are "comfortable" vs. peers; the firm says its changed view on ADT is not a bullish upgrade, with long-term concerns related to rising technology threats such as home automation.
Thu, Sep. 3, 3:12 PM
- How bad a year has it been for multi-industry stocks? Year-to-date underperformance relative to the S&P 500 is among the poorest in a decade and has gotten worse in recent weeks, say Goldman analyst Joe Ritchie and team. The negative news is no secret: Broad industrial de-stock, softening oil capex, the strong dollar, and the troubles in China. Because of this, the team remains Neutral on the beaten-up sector, but does have a few names investors should steer clear of:
- With de-stock keeping U.S. industrial growth in a "headlock," the implications are particularly negative for Sell-rated Emerson Electric (NYSE:EMR), WW Grainger (NYSE:GWW), and Neutral-rated Parker-Hannifin (NYSE:PH) and Rockwell Automation (NYSE:ROK).
- With oil capex going from bad to worse, and oil lower for longer, the Street is underestimating the impact of price declines for Dover (NYSE:DOV), Emerson, and Flowserve (NYSE:FLS). On the flip side, lower input costs should be a boon to Buy-rated Illinois Tool Works (NYSE:ITW) and Neutral-rated 3M (NYSE:MMM).
- The weaker China backdrop is most negative for Emerson, and Neutral-rated Eaton (NYSE:ETN) and Colfax (NYSE:CFX). Though Buy-rated Honeywell (NYSE:HON) and ITT Corp (NYSE:ITT) have exposure, growth is more insulated due to their market share gains.
- Source: Barron's Ben Levinsohn
- ETFs: XHB, ITB, XLI, PHO, IYT, ITA, VIS, PPA, XTN, XAR, FIDU, PKB, IYJ, FXR, UXI, PRN, RGI, SIJ, PSCI, AIRR
Thu, Jul. 23, 6:09 AM
Wed, Jul. 22, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ABC, ADS, AEP, ALK, AMAG, AOS, ASPS, BCC, BHE, BKU, BMS, BMY, BSX, CAB, CAM, CAT, CELG, CFX, CLFD, CMCSA, CMS, COR, CS, CSL, CY, DAN, DFRG, DGX, DHR, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPS, DST, EQM, EQT, FAF, FCX, FIS, FNB, GM, GMT, GNTX, GPI, GPK, HBAN, HERO, HUB.B, IMAX, IQNT, IVC, JNS, KKR, KMB, LAZ, LLY, LUV, MAC, MCD, MHO, MINI, MJN, MMM, MNRO, MRGE, NDAQ, NEO, NUE, NWE, ORI, PDS, PENN, PHM, PRLB, PTEN, QSII, R, RCI, RS, RTN, SCHL, SFE, SHPG, SNA, SQNS, STC, STM, SYNT, TCB, TROW, UA, UAL, UNP, USG, UTEK, VAC, VRX, WAB, WCC, WIT, WM, WRLD, XRS
Thu, Apr. 23, 8:48 AM
Wed, Apr. 22, 5:30 PM
- ABBV, AEP, ALK, ALXN, ASPS, AVT, BAX, BBT, BCC, BEAV, BHE, BKU, BMS, BTU, CAB, CAM, CAT, CFX, CLFD, CLI, CMS, COL, COR, CSL, DAN, DGX, DHR, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPS, DPZ, DST, EQM, EQT, ERIC, FAF, FCX, FNB, GM, GMT, GPK, GRA, HP, HSY, HUB.B, IQNT, IR, IVC, JAH, JCI, JNS, KKR, LAZ, LLY, LTM, LUV, MDP, MDSO, MHO, MJN, MMM, MO, MTH, NDAQ, NUE, NVS, NWE, ORI, PENN, PEP, PG, PHM, PII, PNK, PRLB, PTEN, RS, RTIX, RTN, SFE, SNA, SQNS, STC, SUI, SWK, SXC, SYNT, UAL, UNP, USG, UTEK, WBC, WCC, WNS
Thu, Feb. 5, 6:36 AM
Wed, Feb. 4, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ADS, AINV, AMSC, APO, ARW, AZN, BCE, BCO, BDC, BDX, BLL, BR, CFX, CHTR, CI, CMI, COTY, CSL, DFT, DLPH, DNKN, EL, EQM, EQT, ETR, FBP, FIS, GLT, GPI, GPK, GRA, GRUB, ICE, IT, IVC, KORS, LAZ, LIOX, LQDT, MDSO, MMP, MMS, MSCI, NGD, NUS, ODFL, OZM, PBH, PM, PPL, PRGO, PRLB, PTEN, RFP, RSTI, SBH, SIRI, SNA, SNCR, SPH, SQNS, TDC, TE, TEVA, TW, USG, UTEK, VLP, VMC, VSH, XYL
Thu, Jan. 29, 10:47 AM
Dec. 16, 2014, 5:42 PM
- Colfax (NYSE:CFX) -1.7% AH after providing below consensus guidance for FY 2015, seeing EPS of $2.20-$2.40 vs. $2.58 analyst consensus estimate and revenues of $4.525B-$4.675B vs. $4.8B consensus.
- CFX foresees 2015 forex revenue headwinds of $180M-$190M, resulting in a $17M-$18M impact on operating profit.
- Expects continued improvement in a low growth environment, and believes its growth investments and acquisition pipeline position the company for expansion.
Oct. 24, 2014, 11:39 AM
Oct. 23, 2014, 7:29 AM
- Net income of $73.4M, or $0.59 per diluted vs. $55.5M, or $0.49 per diluted share in the same quarter a year ago.
- Gas- and fluid-handling orders totaled $539.4M vs. $533.3M in Q3 2013, an increase of 1.1% and an organic decrease of 8.3%.
- Gas- and fluid-handling finished the period with backlog of $1.5B.
- Q3 results
- CFX -0.45% premarket
Oct. 23, 2014, 6:28 AM
Oct. 22, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAL, AB, ACAT, AEP, ALK, ALV, ALXN, ARG, ASPS, AVT, BBW, BC, BCC, BHE, BKU, BMS, CAB, CAM, CAT, CCE, CELG, CFX, CHKP, CLI, CMCSA, CMS, CRI, CRS, CS, CSH, CVE, CWEI, DAN, DGX, DLX, DNKN, DO, DPS, EQM, EQT, FAF, GM, GMT, GPI, GRUB, HERO, HUB.B, IMAX, IVC, JAH, JAKK, JBLU, JNS, KKR, LAZ, LLY, LO, LSTR, LTM, LUV, MDP, MHO, MINI, MJN, MMM, MTRN, NLSN, NOK, NUE, NWE, ORI, OSIS, OSTK, OXY, PCP, PENN, PHM, PLD, POT, PRLB, PTEN, QSII, RCI, RCL, RS, RTN, RYL, SIAL, SILC, SJR, SLAB, SONS, SQNS, STC, TDY, TROW, UA, UAL, UFS, UNP, USG, UTEK, WCC, WSO, YNDX, ZMH
Apr. 24, 2014, 8:38 AM
Apr. 24, 2014, 12:05 AM
- AAL, ABC, AET, ALXN, AMAG, ASPS, AVT, AZN, BC, BHE, BKU, BMS, BTU, CAB, CAJ, CAM, CAT, CCE, CELG, CFX, CLFD, CLI, CMS, CNMD, COG, COR, CRR, CRS, CSH, CWEI, DFT, DGX, DHI, DLPH, DLX, DNKN, DO, DST, EQM, EQT, ETR, FAF, FCX, FNFG, GM, GMT, GPK, GTI, HOT, HP, HSY, IMAX, IVC, JBLU, KKR, LAD, LLY, LSTR, LTM, LUV, MDP, MHO, MJN, MMM, MO, NBL, NDAQ, NLSN, NTCT, NUE, NVS, NYT, ODFL, ORI, OSTK, PAG, PENN, PHM, POT, PTEN, RCL, RS, RTIX, RTN, RYL, SCG, SFE, SIAL, SILC, SIRI, SONS, SQNS, STC, SWK, TKR, TROW, TWC, TWI, UA, UAL, UFS, UPS, USG, UTEK, VDSI, VIVO, VLY, VZ, WCC, WM, WYN, YNDX, ZMH
CFX vs. ETF Alternatives
Colfax Corp is a manufacturing and engineering company. The Company provides gas- and fluid-handling and fabrication technology products and services to commercial and governmental customers around the world.
Other News & PR