Sep. 15, 2014, 1:30 PM
- Joining Carlyle's (CG -1.6%) Islamorada portfolio are the Postcard Inn Beach Resort and La Siesta Resort. The four properties in the portfolio will be grouped in the newly formed Islamorada Hotel Company and be managed by Trust Hospitality. The equity for the deals comes from Carlyle Realty Partners VII, a $2.34B U.S. real estate fund.
- Carlyle plans a total of $18M in renovations to the two newest properties.
- Source: Press Release
Sep. 8, 2014, 3:36 AM
- Carlyle Group (NASDAQ:CG) has closed its fourth Asia fund at $3.9B, taking the firm's total amount of assets managed by its Asia funds, including Japan, to $13.6B.
- PE firms have raised record amounts in recent years for Asia-focused funds, with TPG closing a $3.3B fund in May and KKR (NYSE:KKR) raising a $6B fund last year.
Sep. 3, 2014, 6:44 AM
- Carlyle Group (NASDAQ:CG) and Fountainvest Partners have pulled out of a consortium backing a $1.9B bid to purchase Shanda Games (NASDAQ:GAME). Perfect World (NASDAQ:PWRD) and private equity firm Primavera Capital have also exited the consortium.
- Shanda Interactive Entertainment and an affiliate of Primavera, which together held 76.2% of Shanda, in January had offered $6.90 per ADS to buy the company, valuing it at $1.9B.
- Fountainvest joined the Shanda consortium in April, while Carlyle joined in May.
Sep. 3, 2014, 3:16 AM
- JPMorgan (NYSE:JPM) is in talks to sell its oil-supply agreement with Philadelphia Energy Solutions to Bank of America (NYSE:BAC).
- Operated as a joint venture between Sunoco and the Carlyle Group (NASDAQ:CG), Philadelphia Energy Solutions is one of the largest refineries in the country, processing 330K barrels of crude a day.
- Under the terms of the current agreement, JPMorgan supplies the refinery with crude oil and credit and receives refined fuel products that it can trade.
Sep. 2, 2014, 3:52 AM
- Despite Akzo Nobel (OTCQX:AKZOY) CEO Ton Buechner's cost cutting agenda, the chief exec is being singled out for a deal to buy Axalta Coating Systems for more than $7B.
- Bloomberg reports that the company has not yet indicated if it will pursue the deal.
- Carlyle Group (NASDAQ:CG) purchased vehicle-coatings company Axalta from Dupont for $4.9B in February 2013 and filed for its IPO last month.
Sep. 1, 2014, 2:42 AM
- Carlyle Group (NASDAQ:CG) is now the last to settle allegations against the world’s largest private equity groups, which previously accused the firms of conspiring to fix the prices of LBOs.
- Although Carlyle has now agreed to pay $115M, it still denies wrongdoing and does not regard the settlement as an admission of guilt.
- The decision follows similar settlements from the Blackstone Group (NYSE:BX), Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS), KKR (NYSE:KKR), Bain Capital, Silver Lake Partners and TPG Capital, which were all accused of conspiring not to jump each others' deals.
Aug. 27, 2014, 4:32 AM
- Carlyle Group (NASDAQ:CG) is said to be in advanced talks with China's largest developer, China Vanke (OTC:CVKEY), to buy stakes in nine of its shopping malls.
- The purchase would give Carlyle access to China's commercial real estate market and a non-binding memorandum of understanding could be signed as early as tomorrow.
- Sources say the deal could fetch between 6B-7B yuan ($976M-$1.1B) or even be valued at up to 10B yuan.
Aug. 21, 2014, 1:50 AM
- After reports of an IPO surfaced last week, Carlyle Group (NASDAQ:CG) has now filed for an initial public offering of common stock for Axalta Coating Systems which could raise as much as $1B.
- Carlyle Group purchased the company from Dupont only a year and a half ago.
- Axalta makes liquid and powder coatings for the transportation industry and does business in more than 130 countries.
- Previously: Carlyle considering Axalta IPO
Aug. 14, 2014, 3:10 AM
- Carlyle Group (NASDAQ:CG) is considering an IPO for Axalta Coating Systems, only a year and a half after it purchased the company from Dupont for $4.9B.
- The private-equity group has already given lead roles to Citigroup and Goldman Sachs for the potential IPO which could raise as much as $1B.
- Axalta makes liquid and powder coatings for the automotive and transportation industries.
Aug. 11, 2014, 4:23 PM
- As tipped off a couple of weeks back, JPMorgan's (JPM) long-awaited sale of about half of its stake in its P-E arm - One Equity Partners - has been agreed upon. The buyers are Carlyle Group's (NASDAQ:CG) AlpInvest Partners and Lexington Partners.
- Terms were not disclosed, but the deal - expected to close by y ear-end -reportedly values the companies JPMorgan is selling at about $2B, and the bank will retain ownership of about half of One Equity's nearly 30 companies. The transaction isn't expected to have a material impact on The Bank of Dimon's earnings.
- It was a little over a year ago when JPMorgan said the time had come to jettison One Equity amid less-than-stellar returns and an uncertain regulatory environment. According to Dan Primack, the bank wanted to sell the entire portfolio, but it was too large for the market to absorb at the current time.
- Press release
- Previously: WSJ: J.P. Morgan nears deal for One Equity Partners buyout arm
Jul. 30, 2014, 7:30 AM
- A look at the "Carlyle (NASDAQ:CG) Engine" finds 1) $7.4B of funds raised in Q2, bringing the YTD total to $12.9B, and the last 12 month's total to $23.1B; 2) Equity Invested of $2.4B brings the total YTD to $4.5B, and the last 12 month's total to $8.6B; 3) Realized Proceeds of $6.5B brings the YTD total to $9.5B, and the last 12 month's total to $18.9B; 4) Carry Fund Returns of 5% brings the years total to 11%, and the last 12 month's total to 20%.
- Q2 economic net income of $236.6M or $0.73 per share compares to $123.2M and $0.39 one year ago.
- Conference call at 8:30 ET
- Previously: Carlyle misses by $0.01, beats on revenue
Jul. 30, 2014, 6:33 AM
Jul. 29, 2014, 3:22 AM
- Carlyle Group (NASDAQ:CG) has entered advanced talks to acquire Acosta Sales and Marketing, a consumer goods marketing agency, currently owned by private equity group Thomas H. Lee Partners.
- The deal could value the latter at almost $5B including debt, and Carlyle is likely to secure an agreement as early as this week.
Jul. 28, 2014, 5:15 PM
- FleetCor Technologies (NYSE:FLT) and P-E firms including Carlyle Group (NASDAQ:CG) and Silver Lake Partners are seeking to acquire payments processing company Comdata for more than $3B, Reuters reports.
- A potential takeover of Comdata would mark one of FLT's largest deals and expand its capabilities in electronic payment processing.
Jul. 23, 2014, 8:38 AM
- Established in 1976 and HQ'd in Dallas, Service King operates 177 locations in 20 states, and is currently owned by Carlyle Group (NASDAQ:CG) and company management and employees. The company had 47 locations when Carlyle got involved in 2012. Carlyle will retain a sizable minority stake in Service King.
- The deal with Blackstone (NYSE:BX) is expected to close in Q3 and terms were not disclosed.
- Source: Press Release
Jul. 22, 2014, 6:55 PM
- JPMorgan Chase (NYSE:JPM) reportedly is in advanced discussions to sell roughly half its stake in the ~$4.5B investment portfolio of its buyout arm, One Equity Partners, to investment firms Lexington Partners and Carlyle Group's (NASDAQ:CG) AlpInvest Partners.
- It is unclear how much the buyers would pay for the investment portfolio or whether other investors may join the buyers, but buyout fund stakes such as One Equity's lately have been selling for prices near their net asset values.
CG vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR