Oct. 29, 2014, 6:46 AM
Jul. 30, 2014, 7:30 AM
- A look at the "Carlyle (NASDAQ:CG) Engine" finds 1) $7.4B of funds raised in Q2, bringing the YTD total to $12.9B, and the last 12 month's total to $23.1B; 2) Equity Invested of $2.4B brings the total YTD to $4.5B, and the last 12 month's total to $8.6B; 3) Realized Proceeds of $6.5B brings the YTD total to $9.5B, and the last 12 month's total to $18.9B; 4) Carry Fund Returns of 5% brings the years total to 11%, and the last 12 month's total to 20%.
- Q2 economic net income of $236.6M or $0.73 per share compares to $123.2M and $0.39 one year ago.
- Conference call at 8:30 ET
- Previously: Carlyle misses by $0.01, beats on revenue
Jul. 30, 2014, 6:33 AM
Apr. 30, 2014, 10:14 AM
- Economic net income of $322M or $0.85 per share compares to $394M or $1.02 per share a year ago.
- Dealmaking slows, with $3.1B in asset sales in Q1 vs. $4.1B a year ago, and $1.1B in new investments vs. $2.5B a year ago. Warning of froth in global credit, CFO William Conway, says he doesn't find it healthy or sustainable. Q2, however, may look better, as Carlyle (CG -4.7%) has been fairly active, but the Q1 books closed before the deals did.
- Previously: The Carlyle Group misses by $0.16, beats on revenue
Apr. 30, 2014, 6:56 AM| 1 Comment
Feb. 19, 2014, 7:30 AM
- The party continues in private equity, with Carlyle Group (CG) popping 11% premarket after economic net income in Q4 nearly doubled consensus forecasts. Behind the beat are big gains in the carrying value of fund holdings and the harvesting of profits on a number of asset sales.
- $6.3B in carry fund realized proceeds in Q4 brought the total to the year for $17.4B. 6% carry fund portfolio appreciation in Q4 brought the total for the year to 20%.
- $3.8B in new capital was raised in Q4, bringing the year's total to $22B. $2.2B was put to work during the quarter, $8.2B for the year.
- Press release
Feb. 19, 2014, 6:58 AM
- The Carlyle Group (CG): Q4 ENI of $1.64 beats by $0.72.
- Revenue of $1.39B (+175.2% Y/Y) beats by $551.95M.
Nov. 6, 2013, 9:44 AM
Aug. 7, 2013, 2:46 PM
- Carlyle Group (CG -1.8%) after-tax distributable EPS of $0.53 is $0.03 short of estimates.
- $6.9B of new capital raised, bringing Y/Y total to $19.7B; $1.3B invested, bringing Y/Y total to $8.8B. $3.9B in realized proceeds, bringing Y/Y total to $19.9B. CEO Rubenstein: "We will slow down fundraising when every single person on Earth is a Carlyle investor."
- Carry fund portfolio up 3% for Q, up 9% in H1.
- "We're now truly beginning to sense a shift among investors in terms of a growing appetite for allocations to alternatives." However, notes co-CEO William Conway, increased competition from entities outside of P-E along with easy access to cash is making it tough to find good deals. Carlyle's investment teams are under orders to stay disciplined, but have also been given leeway to pay more for good assets. (CC transcript) (earnings PR)
Aug. 7, 2013, 8:23 AM
May. 9, 2013, 7:46 AM
May. 9, 2013, 6:41 AM
Feb. 21, 2013, 11:53 AMCarlyle Group (CG -7.4%) tumbles as earnings disappoint - especially in light of big results at its P-E competitors. Management is focusing on fundraising - twice as much in 2012 as 2011, but economic net income fell 28%, with performance fees off 41%. The stock is up 54% since its May IPO. | Comment!
Feb. 21, 2013, 6:37 AM
Nov. 8, 2012, 6:37 AM
Aug. 8, 2012, 7:24 AM
CG vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR