Dec. 24, 2014, 7:09 AM| Comment!
Sep. 3, 2014, 6:44 AM
- Carlyle Group (NASDAQ:CG) and Fountainvest Partners have pulled out of a consortium backing a $1.9B bid to purchase Shanda Games (NASDAQ:GAME). Perfect World (NASDAQ:PWRD) and private equity firm Primavera Capital have also exited the consortium.
- Shanda Interactive Entertainment and an affiliate of Primavera, which together held 76.2% of Shanda, in January had offered $6.90 per ADS to buy the company, valuing it at $1.9B.
- Fountainvest joined the Shanda consortium in April, while Carlyle joined in May.
Sep. 2, 2014, 3:52 AM
- Despite Akzo Nobel (OTCQX:AKZOY) CEO Ton Buechner's cost cutting agenda, the chief exec is being singled out for a deal to buy Axalta Coating Systems for more than $7B.
- Bloomberg reports that the company has not yet indicated if it will pursue the deal.
- Carlyle Group (NASDAQ:CG) purchased vehicle-coatings company Axalta from Dupont for $4.9B in February 2013 and filed for its IPO last month.
Aug. 27, 2014, 4:32 AM
- Carlyle Group (NASDAQ:CG) is said to be in advanced talks with China's largest developer, China Vanke (OTC:CVKEY), to buy stakes in nine of its shopping malls.
- The purchase would give Carlyle access to China's commercial real estate market and a non-binding memorandum of understanding could be signed as early as tomorrow.
- Sources say the deal could fetch between 6B-7B yuan ($976M-$1.1B) or even be valued at up to 10B yuan.
Jul. 29, 2014, 3:22 AM
- Carlyle Group (NASDAQ:CG) has entered advanced talks to acquire Acosta Sales and Marketing, a consumer goods marketing agency, currently owned by private equity group Thomas H. Lee Partners.
- The deal could value the latter at almost $5B including debt, and Carlyle is likely to secure an agreement as early as this week.
Jul. 28, 2014, 5:15 PM
- FleetCor Technologies (NYSE:FLT) and P-E firms including Carlyle Group (NASDAQ:CG) and Silver Lake Partners are seeking to acquire payments processing company Comdata for more than $3B, Reuters reports.
- A potential takeover of Comdata would mark one of FLT's largest deals and expand its capabilities in electronic payment processing.
Apr. 22, 2014, 3:18 AM
- Hospital Corp of America (HCA) is among a number of suitors interested in acquiring Healthscope, an Australian hospital and pathology company being sold by private-equity owners Carlyle (CG) and TPG, the WSJ reports. A deal could be worth $5B.
- Other prospective buyers for Healthscope include China's Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical and Malaysia's IHH Healthcare (IHHHF).
- Alternatively, Healthscope could carry out an IPO.
- TPG and Carlyle bought the company for $1.7B in 2010.
Mar. 25, 2014, 7:03 PM
- Bloomberg reports Blackstone, KKR, and Clayton Dubilier & Rice have made bids for Carlyle-owned (CG) chemicals maker PQ Holdings. In addition, specialty chemicals maker Albemarle is said to be interested. Two sources think PQ could fetch $3B-$4B.
- PQ filed for a $450M IPO last month. But the move is widely seen as an attempt by Carlyle to pursue a dual-track process, rather than an abandoning of sale attempts.
- Previously: Carlyle reportedly prepping IPO or sale of PQ
Mar. 10, 2014, 7:20 AM
- Schneider Electric (SBGSF) confirms it's in discussions with prospective suitors about selling them its sensors unit CST.
- Les Echos reports that Schneider is in talks with private-equity firm Carlyle (CG) and PAI Partners about a deal that could see the electrical-gear maker reap up to $900M and retain 30% of CST.
Mar. 3, 2014, 7:04 AM
Feb. 26, 2014, 7:31 AM
- Carlyle (CG) is close to an agreement to acquire Tyco's (TYC) South Korean home-security unit for $1.5B, the WSJ reports, adding that a deal could be announced this week.
- The unit, called Cap, has the potential to grow, as home-security penetration is relatively low in South Korea, while the commercial market also presents opportunities.
Feb. 6, 2014, 7:49 AM
- Carlyle Group (CG) has won a $3B-plus auction for Illinois Tool Works' (ITW) packaging business, NY Post reports.
- In winning ITW’s packaging unit, Carlyle beat out Apollo Global Management (APO) in the final round, according to the report.
- The deal would be David Rubenstein's second large purchase in less than a month after agreeing to buy Johnson & Johnson’s clinical testing division for $4.15B.
Jan. 16, 2014, 8:01 AM
- Carlyle (CG) confirms that it has agreed to acquire Johnson & Johnson's (JNJ +0.3%) Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics (OCD) business for $4.15B.
- "This transaction is a result of our disciplined approach to portfolio management in order to achieve the greatest value for Johnson & Johnson," J&J CEO Alex Gorsky says.
- OCD provides products for screening, diagnosing, monitoring and confirming diseases, including blood-screening equipment and laboratory blood tests. It's a smallish player in a market led by Roche, Siemens and Abbott Labs. (PR)
Dec. 23, 2013, 6:05 PM
- Carlyle Group (CG) appears to be the leader to acquire Johnson & Johnson's (JNJ) clinical diagnostics unit, beating out P-E peer Blackstone (BX) and its partner Danaher (DHR), Reuters reports.
- The exact price of CG's offer is not known, but a deal likely would fetch ~$4B and could be completed within the next two weeks.
- JNJ's ortho clinical diagnostics unit makes blood-screening equipment and laboratory blood tests; it's a small player in a market led by Roche (RHHBY, RHHBF), Siemens (SI), Abbott Labs (ABT) and DHR.
Dec. 13, 2013, 4:27 PM| 3 Comments
Nov. 25, 2013, 4:10 AM| Comment!
CG vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR