Thu, Feb. 12, 2:45 PM
- Machine vision hardware provider Cognex (CGNX +4%), sapphire wafer vendor Rubicon (RBCN +5.4%), and stock photo marketplace Shutterstock (SSTK +6.1%) have each rallied ahead of their calendar Q4 report, which are due after the close.
- Cognex and Shutterstock have each seen volume well above their 3-month daily averages. Rubicon's volume is close to a 3-month of 366K.
Jul. 29, 2014, 12:47 PM
Jul. 28, 2014, 5:36 PM
Jul. 28, 2014, 4:29 PM
- Cognex (NASDAQ:CGNX) expects Q3 revenue of $165M-$170M, well above a $142M consensus. A major customer is expected to account for over $60M of the total.
- While all three of Cognex's market segments contributed to its strong Q2 performance, the company states factory automation helped the most, with European demand picking up following a weak 2013. Both factory automation and surface inspection set new revenue records, and chip/electronics capital equipment grew Q/Q and Y/Y.
- Gross margin was 76% vs. 77% in Q1 and 76% a year ago; GM is expected to slip to "the mid-70% range" in Q3.
- R&D spend +15% Y/Y to $13.6M, SG&A spend +16% to $38.7M. $13M was spent on buybacks.
- Opex is expected to rise 25% Q/Q in Q3 due to "further investments in growth areas," some of which won't be repeating in Q4. Q4 opex is only expected to be 10% above Q2 levels.
- Q2 results, PR
Jul. 28, 2014, 4:11 PM
Apr. 23, 2014, 2:21 PM
- Cognex (CGNX +4.4%) has received two orders from an unnamed Asian manufacturer for machine vision systems and barcode readers. The orders have a total value topping $40M; revenue will be recognized in Q3.
- Cognex notes the orders are the largest it has received from a single customer in its 33-year history, and says it beat out a number of competitors in qualifications.
- Q1 results are due on April 30.
Sep. 12, 2013, 10:05 AM
- Zynga (ZNGA +2.5%) has been upgraded to Equal Weight by Evercore. The firm had been bearish on Zynga for some time.
- Netflix (NFLX -1.6%) has been cut to Equal Weight by Morgan Stanley. BTIG downgraded shares yesterday.
- Symantec (SYMC -0.5%) has also been cut to Equal Weight by MS.
- Cognex (CGNX -0.9%) has been cut to Neutral by Citi. Piper upgraded shares yesterday.
- Polycom (PLCM +1.1%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Raymond James a day after the company announced a $400M buyback.
- Constant Contact (CTCT +2.5%) has been upgraded to Buy by Janney.
- ASML (ASML +3.8%) has been started at Conviction Buy by Goldman. Peer ASM International (ASMI +2.5%) has been upgraded to Buy.
Feb. 11, 2013, 4:24 PM
Sep. 25, 2012, 2:02 PMCognex (CGNX -11.4%) plummets courtesy of a downgrade to Underweight from Piper, which says it's "increasingly cautious" about the industrial machine vision system maker due to 3 months of declining PMI figures for the U.S. and China. The firm expects Cognex's "Greater China" sales to fall 15%-20% in 2012, and U.S. sales to fall 10%-15% in 2H from 1H levels. | Comment!
Feb. 10, 2012, 1:22 PM
Nov. 1, 2011, 4:53 PMCognex (CGNX) Q3 beats expectations as revenue rose 7% Y/Y, with solid sales growth out of the Americas, China and Europe. Gross margin also rose slightly to 76%. The company lowers FY11 guidance however, on projected weakness in its semiconductor and electronics businesses. For Q4, revenue is seen between $80M - $83M , below expectations of $85M. Separately, the company said it approved a stock buyback plan for up to $80 million in shares. Shares -7.3% AH. | Comment!
Aug. 31, 2011, 1:44 PMCognex (CGNX) falls 8.5% after the maker of industrial machine vision systems is cut to Neutral by Piper's Auguste Richard, primarily on valuation concerns. Richard also thinks Cognex could have trouble meeting Street estimates, given its exposure to a weak chip equipment market, and recent softness in North America. | Comment!
Aug. 2, 2011, 8:20 AM
May. 2, 2011, 5:39 PM
CGNX vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR