SA News • Nov. 11, 2014
- Resurgent home builder in stable, upscale northern Virginia market.
- +300% year over year revenue ramp.
- Increased backlog activity alludes to a big 2014.
- Spring home selling season presents attractive opportunity for near term gains.
Nov. 11, 2014, 8:24 AM
Sep. 17, 2014, 10:04 AM
- Lennar's sizable earnings beat included a 23% gain in new orders - a strong result given the slowdown seen from some other builders.
- Previously: Lennar up 4.3% after reporting big quarter
- ETFs: ITB +2.6%, XHB +1.8%
- Individual players: Ryland (RYL +4.8%) Pulte (PHM +3.8%), Toll Bros. (TOL +3.2%), D.R. Horton (DHI +4%), Hovnanian (HOV +5.8%), KB Home (KBH +4.4%), Comstock (CHCI +4.2%), Standard Pacific (SPF +3.8%).
Aug. 19, 2014, 10:31 AM
- A far-faster-than-expected 15.7% gain in housing starts in July has the homebuilders sharply higher. Lenner (LEN +2.6%), Comstock (CHCI +5.8%), Ryland (RYL +2.4%), Hovnanian (HOV +3.2%), D.R. Horton (DHI +2.1%), Toll Bros. (TOL +1.4%), PulteGroup (PHM +1.1%), KB Home (KBH +1.9%).
- Commenting on the number, Bill McBride notes starts in Q1 averaged 925K on a seasonally-adjusted annualized rate, 997K in Q2, and that Q3 appears to be off to a solid start (1.093M in July). By year's end, McBride expects 2014 housing starts to increase by a double-digit pace over a weak 2013.
Aug. 13, 2014, 5:32 PM
May. 27, 2014, 12:47 PM
May. 16, 2014, 8:03 AM
Mar. 28, 2014, 8:34 AM
Feb. 7, 2014, 9:10 AM
Jan. 28, 2014, 10:15 AM
- The homebuilders have their tails in their air following D.R. Horton's big earnings results which showed reports about the end of the housing recovery may be premature (DHI +8.5%). The company reported average sales price gains of 10%, orders by value up 14%, and the value of properties under contract up 20%.
- "Our weekly sales pace has accelerated in January," says Chairman Don Horton.
- XHB +1.6%, ITB +3%
- Toll Brothers (TOL +3.2%), Lennar (LEN +4.3%), KB Home (KBH +3.8%), Hovnanian (HOV +3.3%), Ryland (RYL +3.2%), Standard Pacific (SPF +3.2%), Comstock (CHCI +3.9%), Pulte (PHM +2.7%), NVR (NVR +1.4%), M.D.C. Holdings (MDC +3.6%), Taylor Morrison (TMHC +4.2%)
Aug. 13, 2013, 12:45 PM
Aug. 13, 2013, 9:11 AM
May. 20, 2013, 12:45 PM
May. 15, 2013, 12:45 PM
May. 15, 2013, 9:14 AM
May. 15, 2013, 8:43 AMIn a virtual repeat of last quarter's post-earnings action, Comstock Holding (CHCI) soars 38.65% premarket. Q1 homebuilding revenues nearly quadrupled Y/Y and "approximated the homebuilding revenues generated for all of FY12." CHCI says it is "in easy range" of its previous FY13 revenue guidance of $55-64M, prompting the company to raise its outlook to $64-69M and to express confidence in its ability to return to profitability within the year. (PR) | Comment!
May. 6, 2013, 12:47 PM
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.
CHCI vs. ETF Alternatives
Comstock Holding Co Inc is a multi-faceted real estate development and construction services company focused on the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. It operates its business through three segments: Homebuilding, Multi-family and Real Estate Services.
Other News & PR