Tue, Feb. 3, 9:02 AM
- Church & Dwight (NYSE:CHD) reports organic sales growth of 5.2%, driven by strong volume of 4.7%, and favorable product mix and pricing of 0.5%.
- Consumer domestic sales rose 4.7% to $652.2M.
- Consumer international sales increased 1.7% to $138.6%.
- Specialty products division sales grew 17.5% to $74.7M.
- Gross margin rate declined 20 bps to 45.0%.
- SG&A ratio improved 100 bps to 12.3%.
- Operating margin rate +130 bps to 18.9%.
- FQ1 Guidance: Organic sales growth: ~3.0%; Gross margin rate: flat; Diluted EPS: $0.78.
- FY2015 Guidance: Organic sales growth: ~2.0% to 3.0%; Gross margin rate: expand by 25 bps; Market spending: ~12.5% of total sales; Operating margin rate: expand by 50 bps; Adjusted EPS: ~7.0% to 9.0% growth; Diluted EPS: 5.0% to 7.0% growth.
Tue, Feb. 3, 7:05 AM
Mon, Feb. 2, 5:30 PM
Nov. 3, 2014, 7:25 AM
- Church & Dwight (NYSE:CHD) names Matthew Farrell as its new COO.
- Farrell will take over the role in addition to his current responsibilities as the company's CFO.
- CEO James Craigie notes the management shuffle will free him up to focus on long-term strategy and M&A.
Nov. 3, 2014, 7:06 AM
Nov. 2, 2014, 5:30 PM
Sep. 21, 2014, 4:17 AM
- Just months before its recent C-suite shuffle, Clorox (NYSE:CLX) reportedly rebuffed a takeover offer from a rival.
- The spurned suitor valued Clorox at a 20% premium to its trading price.
- Logical suitors include Church & Dwight (NYSE:CHD), Procter & Gamble (NYSE:PG), Jarden (NYSE:JAH) and Unilever (UL, UN)
- In 2011 activist investor Carl Icahn offered $78/share for the company. Many believe the move was designed to tease out a strategic buyer. Shares closed Friday at $90.57.
Aug. 1, 2014, 5:33 AM
Jul. 31, 2014, 5:30 PM
May. 1, 2014, 7:04 AM| Comment!
Apr. 30, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ABMD, ACIW, AFSI, AIT, AMT, ANR, ANSS, ARG, AVP, BBW, BDC, BDX, BG, BGCP, BKCC, BLL, BWA, BZH, CAH, CHD, CI, CIE, CLX, CME, CNP, CNSL, COP, CPN, CRCM, CROX, CVI, CVRR, DIN, DPZ, ENDP, EPD, EXAS, FCH, FCN, FIG, FIS, FSS, FUR, GG, GNRC, GWR, HAR, HEP, HSNI, HST, I, IART, IDA, IDCC, IIVI, INCY, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, IT, ITC, ITT, IVZ, JAH, K, KMT, LAZ, LINE, LLL, LM, MA, MD, MDC, MFA, MFC, MPC, MPLX, MSI, MTOR, MWW, MYL, NGLS, NILE, NNN, NVO, O, OAK, OCN, OGE, PCG, PCRX, PEG, PMC, PPL, PRLB, PTRY, PWE, PWR, Q, RFP, RGLD, RRD, SBH, SFY, SHOO, SHPG, SMP, SNMX, STRZA, SWC, TEVA, THRM, TMUS, TXT, UAN, UPL, VG, VIAB, VICL, WLT, WWE, XEL, XOM, YRCW.
Feb. 4, 2014, 12:05 AM
Feb. 3, 2014, 5:30 PM
Nov. 25, 2013, 7:15 AM
- Goldman Sachs initiates coverage on Church & Dwight Co. Inc. (CHD) with a Buy and $73 price target, citing new new product cycle driven acceleration & M&A.
- "While we hold a guarded view of our aggregate coverage universe, we see opportunity to generate alpha by investing in CHD ahead of the next leg of its SMID-cap consolidation journey," analyst Jason English said. "CHD's balance sheet is poised for deployment with net-debt/EBITDA back below 0.5X. We believe accretion potential could be meaningful as management pursues its stated M&A strategy."
- Shares of Church & Dwight Co. Inc. closed at $65.37 Friday, with a 52-week range of $52.62-$66.28.
Nov. 1, 2013, 7:04 AM| Comment!
Nov. 1, 2013, 12:05 AM
CHD vs. ETF Alternatives
Church & Dwight Company, Inc. develops, manufactures and markets household, personal care and specialty products. The Company has eight power brands, ARM & HAMMER, TROJAN, OXICLEAN, SPINBRUSH, FIRST RESPONSE, NAIR, ORAJEL & XTRA.
Other News & PR