Oct. 30, 2014, 6:47 PM
- Cigna (CI +3.3%) Q3 results: Revenues: $8757M (+8.6%); Net Income: $534M (-3.4%); EPS: $2.01 (+3.1%).
- 2014 Guidance: Global Healthcare income: $1,605M - 1,635M (unch); Global Supplemental Benefits: $230M - 240M from $205M - 220M; Group Disability and Life: $310M - 320M from $315 - 330M; Ongoing Business: $2,145M - $2,195M from $2,125M - 2,185M; Consolidated Operating Income: $1,950M - 2,000M from $1,940M - 2,000M; EPS: $7.25 - 7.45 from $7.20 - 7.40; Customer Growth: 1 - 2% (unch).
Oct. 30, 2014, 6:07 AM
Oct. 29, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ALLE, ALU, AMAG, AMT, ANR, APD, APO, ATK, AUDC, AVP, BCO, BG, BGCP, BLL, BWA, CAH, CARB, CBM, CEVA, CI, CME, CNSL, COP, COR, CRCM, CRNT, CRR, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DFT, DHX, DST, EPD, EXLS, FCH, FCN, FIG, FIS, GBX, GEL, GG, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTI, GTLS, HAR, HEES, HGG, HST, I, IDA, IDCC, INCY, INGR, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, IVZ, JCI, K, KCG, KEM, KMT, LAD, LECO, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, LRN, MA, MD, MDC, MDXG, MGM, MMYT, MO, MOD, MOS, MPC, MPLX, MPW, MSCI, MZOR, NEO, NGD, NI, NILE, NOV, NVO, NYT, O, OAK, OCN, ODFL, OXF, PBI, PCRX, PEG, Q, RDEN, RDN, RDS.A, RFP, RGLD, RTIX, SCG, SHOO, SMP, SNAK, SPAR, SSE, STRA, STRZA, SUI, TASR, TEVA, THRM, TRI, TWC, UAN, UPL, USAC, VICL, VNTV, WLT, WST, WWE, XEL
Sep. 29, 2014, 1:21 PM
Jul. 31, 2014, 7:18 AM
- Cigna (NYSE:CI) Q2 results: Total Revenues: $8,733M (+9.4%); Net Income: $573M (+13.5%); EPS: $2.12 (+20.5%).
- 2014 Guidance: Global Healthcare income: $1,605M - 1,635M; Global Supplemental Benefits: $205M - 220M; Group Disability and Life: $315 - 330M; Ongoing Business: $2,125M - 2,185M; Consolidated Operating Income: $1,940M - 2,000M; EPS: $7.20 - 7.40; Customer Growth: 1 - 2%.
Jul. 31, 2014, 6:11 AM
Jul. 30, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AGI, ALKS, ALU, AMRC, APA, ASEI, ATK, AVP, AYR, AZN, BDX, BG, BGCP, BKCC, BLL, BUD, BWA, BZH, CCJ, CDW, CEVA, CHTR, CI, CL, CME, CNSL, COMM, COP, COT, CRCM, CRR, CTCM, CVI, CVRR, DDD, DISCA, DLPH, DTV, ENDP, EPD, EXC, FCH, FCN, FIG, FLY, FRM, GEL, GG, GIL, GLOP, GMT, GNRC, GTLS, H, HGG, HL, HP, HST, IDA, IMN, INCY, IRDM, IRM, ITT, IVZ, K, KMT, LKQ, LLL, LM, MA, MCK, MD, MDP, MNTA, MOD, MOS, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTOR, MWIV, NGD, NI, NJR, NWL, OAK, OCN, ODFL, OXY, PCG, PCRX, PES, PNR, PNW, PPL, PRFT, PWR, Q, RFP, RYL, SBH, SC, SCG, SFY, SHOO, SNAK, SNMX, STC, STRA, STRZA, SUP, SWC, TE, TEVA, TKR, TRP, TWC, UAN, UPL, USAK, VG, VICL, VNTV, VRX, WLT, WWE, XEL, XOM, XRAY
May. 1, 2014, 9:52 AM
- Cigna's (CI +3.5%) net profit jumped to $528M from $57M a year earlier, when the health insurer took a major charge for a reinsurance transaction.
- Global health-care: premiums and fees +2.9% to $5.99B, adjusted margin slips to 6.6% from 6.7%.
- Disability and life-insurance: premiums and fees +6.7% to $916M, adjusted margin grows to 6.7% from 5.2%.
- Total medical customers edges up to 14.2M from 14.1M a year earlier and from almost 14.1M in Q4.
- Increases FY EPS guidance to $7.05-7.35 from a prior outlook of $6.80-7.20 a share. Cigna also expects consolidated adjusted income from operations of $1.93-2B.
- Analysts predict FY EPS of $7.17. (PR)
May. 1, 2014, 6:13 AM
Apr. 30, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ABMD, ACIW, AFSI, AIT, AMT, ANR, ANSS, ARG, AVP, BBW, BDC, BDX, BG, BGCP, BKCC, BLL, BWA, BZH, CAH, CHD, CI, CIE, CLX, CME, CNP, CNSL, COP, CPN, CRCM, CROX, CVI, CVRR, DIN, DPZ, ENDP, EPD, EXAS, FCH, FCN, FIG, FIS, FSS, FUR, GG, GNRC, GWR, HAR, HEP, HSNI, HST, I, IART, IDA, IDCC, IIVI, INCY, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, IT, ITC, ITT, IVZ, JAH, K, KMT, LAZ, LINE, LLL, LM, MA, MD, MDC, MFA, MFC, MPC, MPLX, MSI, MTOR, MWW, MYL, NGLS, NILE, NNN, NVO, O, OAK, OCN, OGE, PCG, PCRX, PEG, PMC, PPL, PRLB, PTRY, PWE, PWR, Q, RFP, RGLD, RRD, SBH, SFY, SHOO, SHPG, SMP, SNMX, STRZA, SWC, TEVA, THRM, TMUS, TXT, UAN, UPL, VG, VIAB, VICL, WLT, WWE, XEL, XOM, YRCW.
Feb. 7, 2014, 8:49 AM
- Cigna (CI) -3.9% premarket after Q4 earnings dropped 11% as global health care margins slipped and it lost members from the prior quarter.
- Issues downside guidance for FY 2014, seeing EPS of $6.80-$7.20 vs. $7.32 analyst consensus estimate.
- The global health care segment, CI's largest, posted 6% higher premiums and fees; adjusted margin in the division fell to 5% from 6.7%, reflecting higher medical costs in its Medicare Advantage business.
- Premiums and fees revenue rose 6.7% to $7.28B; total overall revenue gained 7% to $8.15B.
- Total medical customers rose 1.2% to 14.22M from 14.05M a year ago, but fell from 14.3M in Q3.
Feb. 7, 2014, 6:01 AM| Comment!
Feb. 7, 2014, 12:05 AM
Feb. 6, 2014, 5:30 PM
Oct. 31, 2013, 9:42 AM
- Shares of Cigna (CI +5%) rally as Q3 results top estimates.
- Revenues rise 10% Y/Y in Q3, while adjusted income from operations jumps 12%.
- Premiums and fees growth by segment: Global Health Care, +7%; Global Supplemental Benefits, +29%; Group Disability and Life, +9%.
- FY13 outlook: $6.70-6.90/share versus previous guidance of $6.25-6.65/share and against consensus of $6.65. (PR)
Oct. 31, 2013, 6:05 AM
CI vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR