Jun. 5, 2014, 7:03 AM
Jun. 4, 2014, 5:30 PM
May 6, 2014, 4:25 PM
May 5, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACLS, AFG, AGU, ALL, AMTG, ARC, ARRS, ATVI, AVNR, AVNW, AWR, BEAT, BID, BIO, CENT, CHUY, CNVR, CODE, CPT, CSU, CYH, CYNI, DDR, DIS, DLR, DPM, DTLK, EA, EGAN, ENPH, ETE, ETP, EXTR, FEYE, FMC, FNGN, FRGI, FSLR, FST, FTR, GALE, GHDX, GNC, GNMK, GRPN, IAG, ICUI, IMI, JIVE, LBTYA, LGCY, LLNW, LYV, MCHP, MITT, MOVE, MPO, MRO, MTDR, MYGN, NYMT, OCLR, OKE, OKS, PBPB, PEGA, PSEC, PXD, PZZA, QGEN, QUAD, RDN, REGI, RGP, RLOC, RP, SAAS, SAPE, SGMO, SPA, SSNI, SXL, THOR, THRX, TRIP, TRMB, TRMR, TSRA, WES, WFM, WTI, ZAGG, ZU.
Apr. 24, 2014, 12:26 PM
- In addition to beating Q1 estimates, Infinera (INFN +5.9%) guided on its CC (transcript) for Q2 revenue of $160M-$170M and EPS of $0.02-$0.06 vs. a consensus of $156.3M and $0.05. As is its custom, rival Ciena (CIEN +5.8%) is following Infinera higher.
- Thanks to a favorable mix, Q1 gross margin was 41.8%, +40 bps Q/Q and +590 bps Y/Y, and above guidance of 40%. Infinera only forecasts a GM of 39%-41% for Q2 due to the margin pressure caused by new large-footprint deployments, but still expects a low-40s GM for the full year and future margin gains as it fulfills capacity expansion orders for major deployments.
- Strong North American demand allowed revenue to grow 3% Q/Q in seasonally weak Q1. Infinera had two 10%+ customers - a cable MSO and a tier-1 North American carrier, and added one more client for its dense/high-capacity DTN-X optical transmission platform, raising the total to 42.
- Not surprisingly, a positive outlook was provided for the 100G optical market, where the company and Ciena have leading positions. Infinera says it's confident it can outgrow the broader 100G market in 2014.
Mar. 26, 2014, 9:32 AM
- Cyan (CYNI) CFO Mike Zellner has resigned for personal reasons, effective immediately. Jeff Ross, who in the past has been the CFO of mobile ad firm Velti (filed for bankruptcy last year) and SAP-acquired Sybase, is replacing him.
- Cyan also says its Q1 revenue will be "at or above the high end" of a $16M-$18M guidance range; the consensus is currently at $16.9M.
- The CFO change and positive Q1 pre-announcement follows multiple earnings disappointments.
- Shares are halted.
Mar. 6, 2014, 10:49 AM
- Though Ciena's (CIEN +2.1%) FQ1 revenue was only in-line, its gross margin (43.4%, +260 bps Q/Q and -120 bps Y/Y) and opex ($199.8M, -5% Q/Q and +13% Y/Y) were favorable to guidance for a low-40s GM and $205M in opex. That, in turn, helped EPS beat by $0.07.
- Ciena expects FQ2 revenue of $540M-$570M, in-line with a $561.1M consensus. GM is again expected to be in the low-40s range, and opex is expected to rise to $210M.
- Sales of integrated Ethernet switching/optical networking gear rose 39% Y/Y in FQ1 to $333.4M (62.5% of revenue). Software/services sales -1% to $108.5M; Ethernet switching +13% to $51.7M; optical transport -30% to $40.1M.
- Optical networking rival Infinera (INFN +4.5%) is also higher. The company recently launched a solution it claims can automate/control both the digital switching and optical transport layers of an optical network. The solution, part of a broader trend towards building networks that offer more optical layer intelligence and flexibility, is expected to ship in September.
- Ciena's FQ1 results, PR
Mar. 6, 2014, 7:01 AM
Mar. 6, 2014, 12:05 AM
Mar. 5, 2014, 5:30 PM
Feb. 11, 2014, 4:14 PM
Jan. 6, 2014, 4:38 PM
- Cyan (CYNI) shares crater 22.6% AH following the company's preliminary revenue announcement of $20M-$21M, miles below the previous $30M-$33M guidance and analyst expectations of $31.3M.
- The company attributed the decline to an 88% Q/Q decrease in revenue from its largest customer to $2M.
- a silver lining: revenue on the year expanded 32%-34% Y/Y to $70M-$71M excluding the largest customer as Cyan diversifies its base.
Dec. 12, 2013, 7:31 AM
- Ciena (CIEN) tumbles 11.5% premarket after a big miss on FQ4 results - reporting adjusted EPS of $0.16 per share vs. expectations of $0.24.
- Adjusted gross margin of 40.8% compares to 43.6% the previous quarter. Adjusted operating margin of 4.7% falls from 8.2% the previous quarter. Operating expenses rose to $210.5M from $190.4M.
- FQ1 revenue guidance of $515M-$545M is inline with Street expectations.
- The company will swap its Nasdaq (NDAQ) listing for one on the NYSE (ICE). The stock symbol will remain the same.
- FQ4 results, press release
- CC at 8:30 ET
Dec. 12, 2013, 7:01 AM
Dec. 12, 2013, 12:05 AM
Dec. 11, 2013, 5:30 PM
CIEN vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR