Nov. 24, 2014, 12:46 PM
Nov. 24, 2014, 9:12 AM
Nov. 24, 2014, 8:11 AM
- 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) agrees to acquire Israel's Cimatron (NASDAQ:CIMT) for ~$97M to strengthen its position in the 3D design and manufacturing business.
- CIMT provides CAD and CAM software products and solutions for 3D manufacturing; DDD will pay $8.97/share, a 47.5% premium to CIMT's Nasdaq closing price on Friday.
- CIMT +42.7% premarket, DDD +0.5%.
Aug. 13, 2014, 11:01 AM
- Along with its Q2 numbers, Cimatron (CIMT) has announced a dividend policy under which "the Company will distribute a dividend of at least 50% of its annual distributable profits from the previous year."
- The CAD/CAM software vendor ended Q2 with $20.4M ($1.90/share) in cash, up from $16.6M at the end of Q1. It calls "M&A opportunities" to be a potential use for the cash.
- GAAP SG&A spend grew 4% Y/Y to $6.8M. R&D spend grew 7%, but only totaled $1.9M.
- Cimatron declares early feedback for version 12 of its CimatronE CAD/CAM platform (launched in July, adds 3D printing support) to be "very encouraging."
- Q2 results, PR
Apr. 7, 2014, 1:00 PM
- Punished less than high-beta Internet and enterprise software stocks last week, 3D printing firms are among today's biggest tech decliners as a take-no-prisoners selloff in momentum stocks continues. DDD -6%. SSYS -6.2%. XONE -7.3%. VJET -4.8%. CIMT -4.6%. CAMT -3.6%.
- Printer makers are now off sharply from their 52-week highs: 3D Systems -46%, Stratasys -26%, ExOne -60%, Voxeljet -66%.
Mar. 10, 2014, 12:47 PM
Mar. 10, 2014, 11:22 AM
- Cimatron (CIMT -14%) "seems to be one of those cases where non-professional investors that don't really know the 3D [printing] industry are jumping on the stock," says SA contributor 3D Insider in a very bearish piece.
- The author states Cimatron admitted on its Q4 CC (transcript) it expects minimal revenue from 3D printing in the near-term, and that printer makers such as 3D Systems and Stratasys offer their own software suites.
- 3D Insider also notes insiders unloaded millions of shares last year via two public offerings. "Within a quarter, the owners managed to get rid of their 40% stake, which dropped almost to 0% by September 2013."
- Earlier: 3D printer makers fall on Barron's piece
Mar. 10, 2014, 9:12 AM
Feb. 5, 2014, 9:53 AM
- Citing gross margin pressure stemming from an unfavorable mix, along with heavy spending, 3D Systems (DDD -27.4%) now expects to report 2013 EPS of $0.83-$0.87, below prior guidance of $0.93-$1.03 and a $0.96 consensus. Revenue is expected to be in a range of $513M-$514M, in-line with guidance of $500M-$530M but slightly below a $514.2M consensus.
- 3D's full-year guidance implies Q4 EPS of just $0.16-$0.20, far below a $0.30 consensus.
- The company also now expects 2014 revenue of $680M-$720M and EPS of $0.73-$0.85. While the former is above a $671.3M consensus, the latter is below a $1.27 consensus.
- Whereas 3D's gross margin rose 80 bps Y/Y in Q3, it's expected to be down slightly in Q4.
- With the company carrying steep multiples going into today, 3D Systems investors aren't taking the news well. Neither are investors in peers Stratasys (SSYS -12.3%), ExOne (XONE -13.7%), and Voxeljet (VJET -10.1%).
- Other companies occasionally hyped as 3D printing plays are also off sharply: PRLB -6.2%. PRCP -10.7%. CIMT -6.3%.
- 3D's full Q4 results are due on Feb. 28.
Dec. 13, 2013, 12:54 PM
- SA contributor 3D Analytics assigns Cimatron (CIMT +8.9%) a $14.75/share valuation (more than 2x current levels) on account of the CAD/CAM software vendor's 3D printing opportunities, as well as the multiples attached to recent industry deals.
- 3D analytics notes Cimatron plans to launch a 3D printing-focused product in mid-2014 (a cooling simulation tool meant to shorter design times), and that Terry Wohlers (head of 3D printing research firm Wohlers Associates) was added to the company's board this year.
- The author also sees the price tags attached to two recent industry deals - Autodesk/Delcam and Dassault/Realtime Technology - reflecting favorably on Cimatron, and views a bid for Cimatron by a bigger software firm as plausible.
- CAD/CAM software giant Autodesk (ADSK +5.6%) is also up sharply; shares are making new 52-week highs.
Nov. 12, 2013, 9:15 AM| Comment!
Nov. 11, 2013, 10:57 AM
- 3D Systems (DDD +4.8%), Stratasys (SSYS +3.8%), and newly-public Voxeljet (VJET +9.3%) have made fresh highs yet again, as investor enthusiasm for 3D printer makers refuses to abate. ExOne (XONE +2.2%) and CAD/CAM software vendor Cimatron (CIMT +2.5%) are also having good days.
- In spite of big YTD gains, short interests for 3D printer vendors remain elevated. 3D's shares rallied on Friday after the company unveiled a $399 consumer-focused 3D object scanner.
Oct. 3, 2013, 10:12 AM
- Chardan's Jay Srivasta is starting volatile Cimatron (CIMT +5.6%) with a Buy and $10 PT. He calls the company's planned 3D printing efforts "a game-changer (if well executed), and argues Cimatron's CAD/CAM software expertise makes it well-positioned to benefit from rapid 3D printing industry growth.
- Separately, Cimatron announces it has struck a deal with simulation software firm MachineWorks to integrate the company's Polygonica 2D/3D modeling tech within the next release of its mainstay CimatronE CAD software platform.
Oct. 3, 2013, 9:15 AM
Aug. 29, 2013, 12:45 PM
Aug. 29, 2013, 9:11 AM
CIMT vs. ETF Alternatives
Cimatron Ltd is engaged in designs, develops, manufactures, markets and supports a family of modular, high-performance, CAD/CAM software products. The Company has two main products line which include, CimatronE and GibbsCAM.
Other News & PR