Thu, Feb. 5, 10:14 AM
- Q4 operating income of $148M or $0.89 per share vs. $119M and $0.72 one year ago. Year-end book value per share of $40.14 up 8% from the end of 2013. Quarterly dividend is $0.44.
- Q4 combined ratio of 90.4% improves from 93.9%. Full-year combined ratio of 95.6% vs. 93.8% in 2013. "While our commercial casualty line achieved an underwriting profit in 2014, we felt it was prudent to record higher reserves for estimated losses in this line."
- Previously: Cincinnati Financial beats by $0.04, beats on revenue (Feb. 4)
- CINF -1.95%
Wed, Feb. 4, 4:07 PM| 2 Comments
Tue, Feb. 3, 5:35 PM
- ACXM, ADEP, AFFX, AFOP, ALL, APU, ATML, AWH, BDN, BGC, BKD, BMR, CATM, CBG, CDNS, CEB, CINF, CLW, CMRE, CNW, DATA, ENS, EPM, ESS, EXAR, FBHS, FEIC, FMC, FORM, FOXA, G, GEOS, GIL, GLUU, GMCR, GPRE, HI, HUBG, ININ, IRBT, LCI, LNC, MAA, MAC, MTGE, MTRX, MUSA, NE, NXPI, ORLY, OSUR, PAA, PAGP, PMT, PNNT, PRE, PRU, PSEC, QUIK, RE, RRTS, RXN, SPB, SU, SYA, THG, TTMI, TWO, TYL, UA, UGI, UHAL, WFT, WGL, WSTL, YUM
Fri, Jan. 30, 4:07 PM
Dec. 11, 2014, 9:48 AM
- Cincinnati Financial (NASDAQ:CINF) property casualty subsidiary Cincinnati Insurance already does more than $100M of business in its so-called "Executive Classic" homeowner program, and has made moves to boost capacity there.
- In the second half of next year, the company plans to roll out "Executive Capstone" which will replace "Executive Classic."
- Source: Press Release
Nov. 21, 2014, 1:02 PM
Oct. 28, 2014, 5:15 PM
- Q3 operating income of $140M or $0.85 per share vs. $116M and $0.70 one year ago. Book value per share of $39.01 up 4.8% from the start of the year.
- Earned premiums of $1.071B up 8% Y/Y. Pretax investment income of $138M up 4%, helped by a 17% increase in dividend income from stock investments.
- P&C combined ratio of 91% improved from 93.7% one year ago, with catastrophe losses adding just 120 basis points to this year's Q3 result. Underwriting profit of $94M during Q.
- Previously: Cincinnati Financial beats by $0.10, beats on revenue
- CINF flat AH
Oct. 28, 2014, 5:02 PM| Comment!
Oct. 27, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AEC, AFG, AFL, AJG, AMCC, AMP, APC, ARI, AZPN, BGFV, BLDP, BOOM, BXP, CAP, CBT, CEB, CHMT, CHRW, CINF, CRAY, DLR, DNB, DYAX, EA, EIX, EPR, EQR, ESRX, EXP, EXTR, FARO, FB, FEIC, FISV, GFIG, GILD, GPRE, HIW, HLIT, HTA, HTS, HURN, INAP, INVN, IPHI, KEYW, KIM, KONA, MAC, MAR, MCK, MRCY, MWA, NANO, NFX, OI, PEI, PLT, PNRA, PSMT, RJET, ROG, RPXC, SKT, SM, SWI, TQNT, TRN, TSS, UDR, ULTI, USNA, VRSK, VRTX, WDC, WES, WGP, WNC, WSH, WTS, WYNN, X, XCO, XOOM, ZLTQ
Aug. 15, 2014, 2:24 PM| Comment!
Jul. 29, 2014, 4:53 PM
- Operating income of $75M or $0.46 per share vs. $100M or $0.61 one year ago. Natural catastrophe loss impact of $0.45 per share vs. $0.30 one year ago. Core combined ratio (excl. catastrophes) of 95.5% improves 180 basis points. Dividend of $0.44 per share.
- Book value per share of $38.77 up 4% from the start of the year.
- Earned premiums of $1.059B up 11% Y/Y. Investment income of $136M up 4%.
- Conference call tomorrow at 11 ET
- Previously: Cincinnati Financial misses by $0.05, beats on revenue
- CINF flat AH
Jul. 29, 2014, 4:09 PM| Comment!
Jul. 28, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACHC, ACMP, AEC, AEGN, AEGR, AFL, AJG, AMCC, AMGN, AMP, APC, APU, ARI, AXP, AXS, BGFV, BLDP, BOOM, BWLD, BXP, CALX, CAP, CBG, CBL, CEB, CEMP, CHMT, CHRW, CINF, CLD, CLMS, CPWR, CRAY, CSLT, CVD, DLR, DOX, DWA, EEFT, EQR, ESRX, EW, EXAM, EZPW, FARO, FBP, FISV, GAS, GNW, GPN, GPRE, HTA, HURN, IGT, INAP, INVN, IPHI, IVR, KIM, LNDC, MAR, MOVE, NATI, NCR, NEM, NEU, NFX, NTRI, NUVA, PEI, PLT, PNRA, QGEN, RBC, RGR, RKT, RNG, RNR, ROG, RPXC, RT, RUBI, SB, SLCA, SM, SQNM, TMH, TRN, TWTR, TX, UGI, ULTI, USNA, VRSK, VRTX, WNC, WSH, WTS, X, XCO, XPO
Apr. 28, 2014, 10:52 AM
- Property & casualty insurers are bouncing from a tough Friday session which was led by declines in Chubb and Cincinnati Financial after tough Q1 results. Today's biggest gainer is United Insurance Holdings (UIHC +4.8%) - continuing a big run after being initiated with an Outperform rating at Wells Fargo.
- Aren't insurers supposed to be bought after a tough quarter for catastrophes as it means they can raise rates?
- Others: HCI Group (HCI +3.1%), Universal Insurance (UVE +3.5%), W.R. Berkley (WRB +1.2%), Travelers (TRV +1.6%), Allstate (ALL +1.3%), Chubb (CB +1.3%), and Cincinnati Financial (CINF +0.9%).
- ETFs: KIE, IAK, KBWP, KBWI
Apr. 28, 2014, 9:06 AM| Comment!
Apr. 25, 2014, 12:11 PM
- Chubb (CB -2.3%) and Cincinnati Financial (CINF -2.8%) are leading a weak P&C insurance sector today after reporting claims from the severe winter weather worse than most had anticipated.
- Sandler O'Neill's Paul Newsome finds the poor underwriting performance at Chubb "interesting" considering the strong results posted by Travelers earlier this week.
- The KBW Insurance Index is off 0.65% today, -3.7% YTD. Chubb is down 7.2% on the year, and Cincinnati Financial -7.7%.
- Previously: Winter weather takes bite out of Chubb's Q1 profit
- Previously: Winter weather hits Cincinnati Financial Q1 profits
CINF vs. ETF Alternatives
Cincinnati Financial Corp is aproperty casualty insurance company. The Company's business segment areCommercial lines insurance,Personal lines insurance,Excess and surplus lines insurance,Life insurance andInvestments.
Other News & PR