Thu, Jan. 29, 9:12 AM
Wed, Jan. 28, 5:35 PM
Wed, Jan. 28, 4:58 PM
- Core Labs (NYSE:CLB) -12.9% AH after Q4 results come in as expected but Q1 is guided lower, now seeing EPS of $1.05-$1.10 vs. $1.33 analyst consensus estimate and revenues of $230Mvs. $245.7M consensus.
- CLB says it may enjoy some insulation from the industry downturn because of its technology and its clients' historical flight to value-added service providers, but warns that North American land rig counts will continue to fall sharply into Q2 while deepwater Gulf of Mexico activities continue at or near Q4 2014 levels.
Wed, Jan. 28, 4:34 PM
Tue, Jan. 27, 5:35 PM| 4 Comments
Mon, Jan. 12, 4:11 PM
Oct. 22, 2014, 7:03 PM
- Core Labs (NYSE:CLB) -7.9% AH after reporting mixed Q3 results but offering reduced guidance for Q4.
- CLB now sees Q4 EPS of $1.53-$1.56 vs. $1.61 analyst consensus estimate and lowered from a prior outlook for $1.56-$1.61, on revenues of $275M-$280M vs. $292M consensus; also sees Q4 operating margin of 33%, exiting the year at 34%.
- CLB expects Q4 North American activity will continue to increase slightly for emerging unconventional oil plays while remain at stable levels in established unconventional tight oil and gas plays; internationally, flat activity levels are seen through year-end 2014 and entering 2015 in response to weaker Brent crude prices.
Oct. 22, 2014, 6:01 PM| Comment!
Oct. 21, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACTG, ALB, ALGT, AWH, BCR, BDN, CA, CAKE, CLB, CLGX, CLW, CTXS, CVA, EEFT, EFX, EGHT, FTK, FTNT, GGG, IBKC, INFN, LEG, LHO, LOGI, LRCX, MKSI, MKTO, MLNX, MSA, NOW, NXPI, ORLY, OTEX, PLCM, PLXS, RE, RJF, SCSS, SFG, SGMO, SHLM, SKX, SLG, SLM, SUSQ, T, TAL, TCBI, TER, TILE, TMK, TSCO, TYL, USTR, VAR, WFT, YELP
Oct. 6, 2014, 5:24 PM
Jul. 23, 2014, 5:25 PM| Comment!
Jul. 22, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AF, AHL, AIZ, ALGT, ALSN, ANGI, ANGO, AVB, AWH, BDN, CA, CAKE, CCI, CHE, CLB, CLGX, CLW, CMRE, CRUS, CSGP, CTXS, EFX, EGHT, ETFC, ETH, FB, FFIV, FLS, FR, FTNT, GGG, GILD, HBI, HWAY, IBKC, ILMN, INFN, KALU, LHO, MAC, MKSI, MSA, NSR, NVEC, NXPI, OHI, OII, ORLY, PLCM, QCOM, QTM, RE, RJF, SFG, SGMO, SKX, SLG, SLM, SUSQ, T, TAL, TCBI, TER, TEX, TILE, TMK, TQNT, TRIP, TSCO, TYL, UMPQ, USTR, VAR, WFT
May. 12, 2014, 12:47 PM
May. 12, 2014, 8:25 AM
- Core Labs (CLB) -5.3% premarket after issuing downside guidance for Q2 and FY 2015, primarily caused by North American clients that now project sampling and analyzing less than previously expected levels of reservoir fluids, as well as a reduction in the number and length of cores cut and analyzed.
- CLB now sees Q2 EPS of $1.32-$1.35 vs. $1.51 analyst consensus estimate and Q2 revenues of $265M-$270M vs. $284M consensus; also sees FY 2015 (Dec.) EPS of $5.80-$6.00 vs. $7.10 analyst consensus estimate and revenues of $1.1B vs. $1.28B consensus.
- CLB projects the number of reservoir fluid and core samples from the Permian basin will continue to increase but will not offset declines from its Marcellus, Bakken, Montney, Niabrara and Eagle Ford plays.
Apr. 24, 2014, 3:57 PM
- Core Labs (CLB -9.2%) shares plunge after Q1 results surprised investors with below-consensus earnings driven by weather disruptions in January and February, slower than expected international activity, and offshore project delays.
- CLB is downgraded to Underweight from Overweight with a $200 price target, lowered from $220, at Morgan Stanley, but Cowen believes the company's challenges are largely transitory and maintain its respective 2014 and 2015 EPS estimates of $6.15 and $7.15 (Briefing.com).
Apr. 23, 2014, 6:20 PM
- Core Laboratories (CLB) -4.5% AH after reporting Q1 earnings and revenues that came in below Street expectations.
- Reservoir Description operations, which focus primarily on offshore complex crude oil projects, posted Q1 revenues of $125M, up slightly from a year ago but less than expected as several deepwater projects were delayed because of projected cost overruns precipitating redesign of production facilities; operating margins rose 40 bps to ~28%.
- Production Enhancement operations, which focus primarily on North American tight oil plays, posted Q1 revenues of ~$110M, up 3% Y/Y but lower than expected because of weather disruptions to tight oil operations and delays in deepwater Gulf of Mexico projects; operating margins rose 270 bps to ~35%.
- Sees Q2 EPS of $1.48-$1.53 vs. analyst consensus estimate $1.54 and revenue of $280M-$286M vs. consensus $290M; sees FY 2014 EPS of $6.00-$6.25 vs. consensus $6.24 and revenue of $1.155B-$1.175B vs. consensus $1.176B.
CLB vs. ETF Alternatives
Core Laboratories NV is the providers of proprietary & patented reservoir description, production enhancement & reservoir management services to the oil & gas industry. Its segments are Reservoir Description, Production Enhancement & Reservoir Management.
Other News & PR