There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
- Investors have dumped CapitaLand as double-digit residential property price declines loom in Singapore.
- CapitaLand's majority-owned mall developer CapitaMalls Asia continues to see strong operating results.
- For long-term investors willing to make a contrarian move, CapitaLand's property development efforts in Singapore and China could unlock significant long-term value.
- CapitaLand provides an efficient means of deploying capital into hard-to-access, less-developed real estate markets - including Malaysia, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- The stock is trading at an attractive discount, both to book value as well as to tangible book value.
- CapitaLand represents a compelling value play on the Asian real estate via a mature, diversified, large-capitalization stock.