Wed, Aug. 5, 7:38 AM
Tue, Jul. 21, 4:50 PM
Thu, Jun. 18, 7:17 PM
- U.S. oil refiners will maintain positive free cash flows until the seasonally stronger Q4 revives earnings, as they can beat a short-term supply crunch by boosting the use of OPEC oil and diverting exports headed for Canada, Cowen analyst Sam Margolin writes.
- Refiners are getting squeezed by a drop-off in domestic supplies as drillers pull back, but Margolis sees the crunch as temporary and expects supplies of West Texas crude to rebound in response to demand during H2.
- The analyst maintains an Outperform rating on Valero (NYSE:VLO), Tesoro (NYSE:TSO), Marathon Petroleum (NYSE:MPC), Western Refining (NYSE:WNR) and PBF Energy (NYSE:PBF) he predicts Q2 earnings will come in above consensus for VLO, TSO and WNR.
- Margolin rates HollyFrontier (NYSE:HFC), Alon USA Energy (NYSE:ALJ), Calumet Specialty Products (NASDAQ:CLMT) and Northern Tier Energy (NYSE:NTI) at Market Perform.
Wed, May 6, 9:13 AM
- Calumet Specialty Products Partners (NASDAQ:CLMT) +2% premarket after reporting Q1 earnings and revenues that missed estimates, but EBITDA climbed to a record $124.9M vs. $82.7M for the prior-year quarter.
- CLMT says distributable cash flow increased by more than 90% Y/Y to $94.1M, resulting in a distribution coverage ratio of 1.6x vs. 0.9x in the year-ago period.
- Says it will be well positioned to consider an increase in the quarterly cash distribution as growth projects begin to generate cash flow during the next nine months.
Wed, May 6, 8:07 AM
Mon, May 4, 3:25 PM
- MDU Resources (MDU +0.2%) and Calumet Specialty Products Partners (CLMT -3.2%) have started commercial production of diesel fuel and other products at its 20K bbl/day diesel refinery in North Dakota, the first greenfield fuels refinery built in the U.S. in nearly 40 years.
- Designed to process locally sourced Bakken crude, the refinery is now producing diesel and scheduled to begin commercial fuel sales this month to local customers as the plant ramps up to its full diesel production capacity of up to 7K bbl/day; the refinery also will produce up to 6.5K bbl/day of naphtha for use as a diluent to transport heavy oil by pipeline or as a feedstock in gasoline production.
- MDU says the cost of the plant, initially pegged at $300M, now has been revised to $425M-$435M.
Mon, Apr. 20, 5:11 PM
Thu, Mar. 26, 12:50 PM
- Calumet Specialty Products Partners (CLMT -1.3%) appoints Bill Hatch as its interim CEO, as CEO Bill Grube takes the newly formed position of Executive Vice Chairman.
- Hatch retired as Vice President Operations and Chief Operating Executive of Citgo in 2008 after a 33-year career at the company.
- Grube co-founded CLMT in 1990 and has been CEO of Calumet GP since that time.
Wed, Mar. 18, 3:24 PM
- Crude oil prices, in the doldrums yet again after U.S. inventories hit record highs for a 10th week and supplies at the futures' Cushing delivery hub hit a peak, turned around to finish higher following the Fed policy statement.
- Nymex crude rose 2.5% to settle at $44.66/bbl, pushing off earlier lows of $42.25 and the lowest intraday level since March 2009; Brent is up 4.5% at nearly $56.
- The gain could prove only a momentary recovery, however, as "speculation is going to grow about operational capacity being hit in Cushing and what that portends for prices,” according to Again Capital John Kilduff, adding that he sees U.S.crude testing $40 soon.
- U.S. refiners are enjoying big gains as the Brent/WTI spread surpasses $11: TSO +5.1%, CLMT +4.7%, CVI +4.8%, HFC +4.6%, MUR +4.5%, WNR +4.4%, VLO +3.9%, RDS.A +3.9%, CVRR +3.7%, MPC +3.3%, PSX +3.2%, ALJ +3.2%.
- ETFs: USO, OIL, UCO, SCO, BNO, DTO, DBO, UWTI, USL, DWTI, DNO, SZO, OLO, TWTI, OLEM
Tue, Mar. 10, 9:19 AM
Mon, Mar. 9, 4:56 PM
- Calumet Specialty Products Partners (NASDAQ:CLMT) -3% AH after announcing a public offering of 6M common units, with an underwriters option to purchase up to an additional 900K units.
- CLMT says it will use the proceeds from the offering, including a proportionate capital contribution from its general partner, to repay borrowings outstanding under its revolving credit facility and for general partnership purposes.
Fri, Feb. 27, 7:41 AM
Mon, Jan. 26, 7:15 PM
- It was a great day for energy stocks in at least one group of high-yield dividend dogs, as the five energy names making up the top six stocks in David Fish's Dec. 31 composite list of Champions, Contenders and Challengers list all enjoyed substantial gains: EVEP +10.7%, BBEP +21.5%, VNR +12%, CLMT +6.1% and WPZ +0.4%.
- So far in January, most results for the energy stocks in the group are still lower: EVEP -24%, BBEP -6.3%, VNR -0.7%, CLMT +16.2%, WPZ -2.5%.
Fri, Jan. 23, 5:11 PM
Thu, Jan. 8, 2:56 PM
- Williams Cos. (WMB +1.1%) is upgraded to Sector Outperform from Sector Perform at Howard Weil, which also raised its price target by $13 to $68, as it feels the stock has been unfairly punished in its ~8.5% drop YTD.
- The firm says WMB's yield is well above the peer group and its business is less exposed to the decline in commodity prices than the stock's performance would indicate; it echoes the same comments about Calumet Specialty Products (CLMT +1.5%) but maintains its Outperform rating.
Dec. 23, 2014, 3:11 PM
- Calumet Specialty Products Partners (CLMT +5.7%) is resumed with a Buy rating and $30.50 price target at MLV, which sees units poised for a 2015 rebound as maintenance capex declines and leverage should continue to moderate from a peak of 7x debt/EBITDA toward 4x.
- MLV also sees potential for a modest distribution increase in H2 2015 as LTM coverage should exceed 1x, and projects the specialty products segment - which accounts for ~75% of profit - will benefit from lower crude costs.
CLMT vs. ETF Alternatives
Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP is a producer of hydrocarbon products in North America. It owns specialty and fuel products facilities located in northwest Louisiana, northwest Wisconsin, northern Montana, Texas, New Jersey, and other areas.
Other News & PR