Thu, Feb. 5, 4:22 PM
- Q4 average daily volume of 14.8M contracts up 31% Y/Y, and the highest figure since 2008 Q1. Clearing and transaction fee revenues of $713M up 24%. Average rate per contract of $0.731 vs. $0.725 in Q3 thanks to a higher proportion of volume coming from commodities products.
- Q4 earnings of $306.5M or $0.91 per share vs. $193.1M and $0.58 one year ago. Excluding some items, this year's EPS was $0.95.
- Conference call at 4:30 ET
- Previously: CME beats by $0.02, beats on revenue (Feb. 5)
- CME +0.2% after hours
Thu, Feb. 5, 4:14 PM
Wed, Feb. 4, 5:35 PM
- ACET, ACLS, ADNC, AHL, AIV, ARCW, ASEI, ASYS, ATHN, ATR, ATVI, BCOV, BEBE, BMI, BRKS, BRS, BWLD, CALD, CME, CPST, CTRL, CUTR, DCT, DV, ECHO, ECOM, EGAN, EGOV, ENH, EXPE, FLDM, FLT, FWM, GPRO, HME, IMPV, KIM, KRG, LF, LGF, LNKD, MCK, MRIN, MTD, MXWL, NTGR, NUAN, OLN, ONNN, OUTR, P, PCTY, PDFS, PDM, PXLW, RDEN, RENT, SIMG, SLH, SPF, SPSC, SRCL, SWIR, SYMC, TPX, TSYS, TWTR, UBNT, UEPS, VRSN, WAIR, YELP, YRCW
Oct. 30, 2014, 7:34 AM
- Q3 adjusted net income of $280.8M or $0.84 per share compares to net income of $236.7M and $0.71 one year ago.
- Average daily volume of 13.5M contracts up 12% Y/Y. Clearing and transaction fee revenues of $641.8M up 7%. Total average rate per contract of $0.725 down from $0.749 as the highest growth came from lower-priced contracts.
- Adjusted operating expenses for full-year 2014 are expected to be about $1.3B - the low end of the previously stated range. 2015 should be about $1.3B as well.
- Conference call at 8:30 ET
- CME flat premarket
- Previously: CME beats by $0.01, misses on revenue
Oct. 30, 2014, 7:10 AM
Oct. 29, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ALLE, ALU, AMAG, AMT, ANR, APD, APO, ATK, AUDC, AVP, BCO, BG, BGCP, BLL, BWA, CAH, CARB, CBM, CEVA, CI, CME, CNSL, COP, COR, CRCM, CRNT, CRR, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DFT, DHX, DST, EPD, EXLS, FCH, FCN, FIG, FIS, GBX, GEL, GG, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTI, GTLS, HAR, HEES, HGG, HST, I, IDA, IDCC, INCY, INGR, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, IVZ, JCI, K, KCG, KEM, KMT, LAD, LECO, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, LRN, MA, MD, MDC, MDXG, MGM, MMYT, MO, MOD, MOS, MPC, MPLX, MPW, MSCI, MZOR, NEO, NGD, NI, NILE, NOV, NVO, NYT, O, OAK, OCN, ODFL, OXF, PBI, PCRX, PEG, Q, RDEN, RDN, RDS.A, RFP, RGLD, RTIX, SCG, SHOO, SMP, SNAK, SPAR, SSE, STRA, STRZA, SUI, TASR, TEVA, THRM, TRI, TWC, UAN, UPL, USAC, VICL, VNTV, WLT, WST, WWE, XEL
Jul. 31, 2014, 8:03 AM
- In Q2, average daily volume of 12.6M contracts fell 12% from a year ago.
- Clearing and transaction fee revenues of $609M also down 12%.
- Total average rate per contract of 74.9 cents fell from 76.7 cents in Q1 as a higher proportion of volume came from the interest rate complex, which has lower average fees.
- Of note, Q2 one year ago was particularly strong as panicky markets reacted to ideas QE could end some day.
- "Historically low levels of volatility impacted the overall market during the second quarter," says CEO Terry Duffy, noting total volumes are nearly flat YTD when compared to a year ago. Volumes in the interest rate complex were higher by 7%, however, and with the Fed getting nearer to rate hikes, Duffy is hopeful for even more action.
- Previously: CME misses by $0.02, misses on revenue
- CME -1.5% premarket
- Conference call is set for 8:30 ET
Jul. 31, 2014, 7:02 AM
Jul. 30, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ADP, AGI, ALKS, ALU, AMRC, APA, ASEI, ATK, AVP, AYR, AZN, BDX, BG, BGCP, BKCC, BLL, BUD, BWA, BZH, CCJ, CDW, CEVA, CHTR, CI, CL, CME, CNSL, COMM, COP, COT, CRCM, CRR, CTCM, CVI, CVRR, DDD, DISCA, DLPH, DTV, ENDP, EPD, EXC, FCH, FCN, FIG, FLY, FRM, GEL, GG, GIL, GLOP, GMT, GNRC, GTLS, H, HGG, HL, HP, HST, IDA, IMN, INCY, IRDM, IRM, ITT, IVZ, K, KMT, LKQ, LLL, LM, MA, MCK, MD, MDP, MNTA, MOD, MOS, MPC, MPLX, MSCI, MTOR, MWIV, NGD, NI, NJR, NWL, OAK, OCN, ODFL, OXY, PCG, PCRX, PES, PNR, PNW, PPL, PRFT, PWR, Q, RFP, RYL, SBH, SC, SCG, SFY, SHOO, SNAK, SNMX, STC, STRA, STRZA, SUP, SWC, TE, TEVA, TKR, TRP, TWC, UAN, UPL, USAK, VG, VICL, VNTV, VRX, WLT, WWE, XEL, XOM, XRAY
May. 1, 2014, 7:18 AM
- Operating income of $454.5M vs. $405.5M one year ago on revenues of $777.4M up from $718.6M.
- Daily average volume of 13.7M contracts up 9%, with 19% growth in interest rate volume. Clearing and transaction fee revenue of $652M up 10%. Rate per contract slips to $0.767 from $0.78 as interest rate products have lower average fees.
- CC at 8:30 ET
- Source: Press Release
- Previously: CME Group Inc. EPS in-line, beats on revenue
- CME no trades premarket
May. 1, 2014, 7:02 AM
Apr. 30, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ABMD, ACIW, AFSI, AIT, AMT, ANR, ANSS, ARG, AVP, BBW, BDC, BDX, BG, BGCP, BKCC, BLL, BWA, BZH, CAH, CHD, CI, CIE, CLX, CME, CNP, CNSL, COP, CPN, CRCM, CROX, CVI, CVRR, DIN, DPZ, ENDP, EPD, EXAS, FCH, FCN, FIG, FIS, FSS, FUR, GG, GNRC, GWR, HAR, HEP, HSNI, HST, I, IART, IDA, IDCC, IIVI, INCY, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, IT, ITC, ITT, IVZ, JAH, K, KMT, LAZ, LINE, LLL, LM, MA, MD, MDC, MFA, MFC, MPC, MPLX, MSI, MTOR, MWW, MYL, NGLS, NILE, NNN, NVO, O, OAK, OCN, OGE, PCG, PCRX, PEG, PMC, PPL, PRLB, PTRY, PWE, PWR, Q, RFP, RGLD, RRD, SBH, SFY, SHOO, SHPG, SMP, SNMX, STRZA, SWC, TEVA, THRM, TMUS, TXT, UAN, UPL, VG, VIAB, VICL, WLT, WWE, XEL, XOM, YRCW.
Feb. 4, 2014, 8:11 AM
- Average daily volume of 11.3M contracts up 11% from a year ago, with interest-rate volume up 29%.
- Clearing and transaction fee revenues of $577M gained 6% Y/Y. Q4 total average rate/contract of $0.78 up from $0.762 in Q3, led by a higher proportion in volume coming from the higher-fee energy and agricultural products.
- CC at 8:30 ET
- Press release, Q4 results
- CME no trades premarket
Feb. 4, 2014, 7:04 AM
Feb. 4, 2014, 12:05 AM
Feb. 3, 2014, 5:30 PM
CME vs. ETF Alternatives
CME Group Inc, through its futures exchanges & clearing houses, serves the risk management & investment needs of customers. It offers products like futures & options, foreign exchange, energy, agricultural commodities, weather derivatives & real estate.
Other News & PR